My BlackBerry Q10 was giving me a few problems and I did a security wipe to fix it. The phone then restarted and it took me to a screen that said/says:

"Connect to Wi-Fi

Searching for a mobile network.
    You can connect to a Wi-Fi network to continue."

Yes, I do have my SIM card inserted. I tried without it being inserted and with it being inserted. I also have pulled the battery out (not during the security wipe, but when it couldn't find a network to connect to). It still can't regardless of what I do.

I cannot skip it, swipe to the left or anything. When I plug it to my PC via USB and open BlackBerry Link, nothing happens.
    07-16-14 02:39 AM
    I did a security wipe and the phone restarted. It says "connect to wifi" and it's showing its searching for a network, but nothing. I can't skip it (Swipe to the left or anything) and I don't know how to continue.
    Is there a SIM card inserted? I had this issue once when the phone was starting up and there were no network connections available. Have you tried restarting the phone again, but with a SIM card in it?

LP&HG
    07-16-14 02:48 AM
    Is there a SIM card inserted? I had this issue once when the phone was starting up and there were no network connections available. Have you tried restarting the phone again, but with a SIM card in it?

LP&HG
    I edited my first post to explain things better, but yes I did try this and nothing changed.

Edit: I disconnected from BlackBerry Link, re-plugged it, and then reset to factory settings using BlackBerry Link. Nothing changed.

I disconnected from BlackBerry Link, re-plugged it, and then this time I accepted to install the 10.2.1 software update. Nothing changed.

I'm just going to smash this phone with a hammer.
    Last edited by Qaddafi; 07-16-14 at 03:56 AM.
    07-16-14 02:53 AM
    I took a photo.
    Need help with "Connect to wifi" in the setup-img_20140716_120253.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 02:04 PM
    As far as I know, wifi has nothing to do with your sim card. You need an Internet connection to update your OS. Either wifi or mobile data from your carrier, which does require a sim card and a data plan.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    07-16-14 03:14 PM
    I have a data plan and a sim card inserted. There is no opinion to pick my WiFi seeing as how it's stuck searching for it. I cannot skip it either.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 03:15 PM