I have BlackBerry Q10 and I switched to a new provider today, but in order to use the SIM at all, I need to set MCC & MNC in the APN settings, but I can't see it anywhere in the settings nor no amount of googling gave me an answer.

I can set the APN, but I'm unable to set the MCC & MNC settings. They are missing. When I use Assistant to search for either MCC or MNC, it directs me to the network connection settings. On Android you can set the MCC & MNC codes in the APN menu.

In order to make the SIM work on other devices than BB devices, the MCC and MNC does need to be set in the APN settings (like on Android)
    Also in BB10 engineering screen, under 3GPP Radio -> Radio Network Info -> Serving Cell option, It shows "Unknown" for both GSM's and UMTS's MCC and MNC, so the device doesn't know the required MCC and MNC codes in order to connect to the network. I also contacted my provider and I was told that it's a problem in the device.

If I can't set the MCC and MNC, I'm unable to use the SIM, since it refuses to connect to the network

Any help?
    09-09-16 06:39 PM
    I noticed you said you needed this for a "BlackBerry". If your service provider has you configured for a "BlackBerry" device and not a "BlackBerry 10 OS" device that could at least be part of the issue. Older BlackBerry devices up to BBOS 7 required special carrier services to accommodate BlackBerry's BIS services.

Almost all information you find about how to configure a "BlackBerry" is referring to BBOS and not BB10. I did find some information about setting up MMC and MNC, but it was for BBOS, so maybe it is not required for BB10, if your service provider understands that you have a newer BB10 device and not an older BBOS device.
    09-09-16 08:07 PM
    Need to change MCC and MNC on a Blackberry-img_20160909_213747.png this is what my unlocked BlackBerry Z30 says in security and privacy settings. All three need to read unlocked to connect to the designer network As far as I know. If there is "unknown " might not be unlocked.... and it might be the band the Q10 is using is not supported by your carrier. Which is unlikely. As the Q10 had a lot of carriers offer it ( here in Canada) .

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 08:41 PM