I have a Z10. On Tuesday, September 17, I noticed that I was not receiving SMS messages unless I restarted the Hub either by the four-to-five swipes from the upper-left hand corner or by restarting the phone. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Notifications messages would not be marked as unread until Hub was restarted. The only way to get MMS messages is to restart the phone.

My carrier is AT&T, and I've been in contact with them. I've also sent a message to BlackBerry Help. I don't have a solution from either of them yet. AT&T sent me a new or refurbished Z10 thinking it was the unit's problem. It wasn't. I still have the same issue.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or, better yet, does anyone have a solution? I really like the Z10 and want to keep it but only if it functions correctly.

Thank you.
    09-22-13 12:49 PM
    Also, welcome to Crackberry

Did yu do a backup on the new phone? It might be that something went wrong and when you backed up, you saved the problem. Try restoring without backing up. It might also be an app problem. Any android app?

You have to tell us more info to get the best help
    09-22-13 12:55 PM
    Thank you for your prompt reply.

I took your suggestion of backing up without restoring. I chose a backup that I performed before this issue started. However, I'm still having the same issue.

I do not have any Android apps on the phone. Anything I have came off BlackBerry World, and I do my best to get 10 approved apps.
    09-22-13 03:18 PM
    Thank you for your prompt reply.

I took your suggestion of backing up without restoring. I chose a backup that I performed before this issue started. However, I'm still having the same issue.

I do not have any Android apps on the phone. Anything I have came off BlackBerry World, and I do my best to get 10 approved apps.
    No I said Restore but don't backup. Yes you'll lose your data, but you can always backup after if you find that that wasn't the problem
    09-22-13 04:31 PM
    I mistyped. I did not back up. I did chose a restored file before all this started. I'm not worried about losing my data because my emails are IMAP and will come back, and I have my contacts saved elsewhere.

The restoration to the older file didn't work. Thanks for the tip though. I thought it might do the trick.
    09-22-13 05:31 PM