07-08-15 07:25 PM
28 12
tools
    Sorry, I am interested how you access those files from BlackBerry, not from desktop PC.

Are you saying that you could open the files remotely from your BlackBerry smartphone?

I know desktops, especially in local network can map ftp/webdav as network drives but mobile phone integration is not that great yet. Does your taken photos are automatically synchronized with the router and its attached drive?

Posted via CB10
    He uses remote file access. It's been built into Link nearly from the start.

On the PC, in Link, enable Remote File Access and specify the folders that are allowed to be accessed.
    On the phone, just open the native file manager, and the name of your PC should appear as another source, just like the SD or Dropbox or whatever cloud service.

I'm really hoping you say, "oh that, I knew about that for the last 2 years, too".
    07-06-15 06:08 PM
    He uses remote file access. It's been built into Link nearly from the start.

On the PC, in Link, enable Remote File Access and specify the folders that are allowed to be accessed.
    On the phone, just open the native file manager, and the name of your PC should appear as another source, just like the SD or Dropbox or whatever cloud service.

I'm really hoping you say, "oh that, I knew about that for the last 2 years, too".
    Exactly.

If you have an external on the same network as your PC, it can be accessed using remote access. Works both over WiFi and Mobile Network.

I can access my desktop, documents, external drive, etc anywhere I have cell service or wifi.
    Need 1 TB cloud-img_20150708_175323.png

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    07-08-15 04:53 PM
    You could take an own NAS like Synology, QNAP, ... Then youll have a non public cloud with better privacy and no monthly fees. And you have some more space than 1 TB...
    I'm doing this now with a 2 TB WD MyCloud NAS. The Android app isn't the greatest but works.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    07-08-15 07:25 PM
28 12