First off, I apologize if this has been posted before. I've never known it to exist but given my contacts number over 1,000 this trick and shortcut works wonders. I discovered it today by fluke.

In the address book in all contacts view instead of using "search contacts" which brings up the keyboard and forces you to type, simply swipe your finger up and down the small index letters on the right side of the screen.

I love this. No more typing to bring up the keyboard to search. Just a simple movement up and down over the small index letters on the right.

Like I said. Sorry if you already knew this . If you didn't, I hope it helps.

Neat phone book search tip and trick-20140803131540.jpg

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    08-03-14 12:18 PM
    Uuuuh, it's neat, I agree. But I haven't seen a smartphone without the feature in years.

Works in the music app, too.
    08-03-14 12:22 PM
    Uuuuh, it's neat, I agree. But I haven't seen a smartphone without the feature in years.

Works in the music app, too.
    Like I said, never knew it. I came from a Bold 9900 where I would never have to enter the phone book, I would just start typing the contact on the keyboard so for me, it's a new discovery.

08-03-14 12:26 PM
    You could press the search button at the bottom of the home screen and type there as well or type an instant action like call John Smith or BBM George Brown "see you at lunch".
    Efficiency is really an asset on BlackBerry 10. I do however agree that there has to be better ways to train the masses.
    Don't forget you can view one account at a time in the contacts app and still use the feature you mentioned.
    Hope this helps. You may have known all of this already...but just in case.

Posted via CB10
    drfever likes this.
    08-03-14 01:13 PM
    Thank you BB10 Fan

08-03-14 01:18 PM