I am quite happy with this app, which in theory is a port from Android, but after trying to find the map folder I couldn't find it in folder android/data/... (using using ghost commander).

Also I have realized that this app is not listed in Apps menu of ghost commander but neither on other android tools.

Therefore, I suppose that this port is very integrated in BlackBerry system but... which folder is it using for maps?
    Is there anyway to trace an app or find all resources associated?

Thanks
    11-18-15 12:54 AM
    The app stores maps in its install directory. That's also explanation why the "size" of app grows when you download more maps (as seen in Device monitor>Storage).

I also tried to install all maps of Europe, but it consumed 6 GB of internal storage and the app became unresponsive due to huge renderings. So I suggest to install just maps you currently need and not more.

The vendor AFAIK works on new feature - using SD card as storage.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 01:12 AM
    By far the best navigation App on our phones!
    Highly recommended!

Nothing like my SE.
    11-18-15 05:23 AM
    Where is its install directory? I would like to copy/make a manual backup of these map files in order to be able to delete/paste maps when I want but without the need of download from internet.

Also I would like to know more about the internal filesystem

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 06:20 AM
    By far the best navigation App on our phones!
    Does it work now to have a route over two maps? When you are currently on one map and have a destination on another map? This caused an unexpected termination while computing the route, very reliable. But this is quite needed in Europe. (Didn't try this for half a year ...)
    11-18-15 07:02 AM
    Why do you need to backup maps? Isn't better to always download fresh maps with new roads,highways etc..?
    BTW, why you don't ask on vendor's support? They respond very quickly.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 07:21 AM
    Yes it can be better but also can be worse if the company decides to remove this service from internet, they crash, publish a new version and it goes worse than the previous one, and so on

I like to manage my own backups and store my data, IMHO too much trust on other's clouds implies a big risk.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:47 AM
    And that's how it is with free service(s). If you need 100% guarantie then go for payed service. BTW, do you trust maps it delivers? What if they are false?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 01:14 PM
    It's not a port.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 02:03 PM
    Does it work now to have a route over two maps? When you are currently on one map and have a destination on another map? This caused an unexpected termination while computing the route, very reliable. But this is quite needed in Europe. (Didn't try this for half a year ...)
    Sorry for replying so late. I just saw your question.
    I am sorry to say that I don't have an answer to your question. I have never needed to do such a trip. If you don't have the app installed and want me to try it, please feel free to ask.

Nothing like my SE.
    11-22-15 02:06 AM
    Sorry for replying so late. I just saw your question.
    I am sorry to say that I don't have an answer to your question. I have never needed to do such a trip. If you don't have the app installed and want me to try it, please feel free to ask.
    No, thanks, I just asked. Could have been that anyone did this experiment not that long ago. Normally I don't plan such trips over borders. I use Navfree only very near the target, on the last few km, especially in cities, this means never across a border, so it works for me very well.
    srashid likes this.
    11-22-15 02:34 AM