In the short run Flash is being phased out on all mobile platforms. Get over it. Sites that utilize Flash will have to change and they will in short order.

STL 100-3 OS 10.3.1.632
    10-19-14 06:57 PM
    In the short run Flash is being phased out on all mobile platforms. Get over it. Sites that utilize Flash will have to change and they will in short order.

STL 100-3 OS 10.3.1.632
    Well... A lot of them didn't change yet and won't change it tomorow.... so whats the problem in supporting flash? Again, HTML5 and Flash aren't mutually exclusive... You don't have to remove flash to have HTML5 and vice versa
    10-19-14 09:23 PM
    Well... A lot of them didn't change yet and won't change it tomorow.... so whats the problem in supporting flash? Again, HTML5 and Flash aren't mutually exclusive... You don't have to remove flash to have HTML5 and vice versa
    They just want to argue everything. Ironically, BlackBerry fans aren't all that different from iPhone or Android counterparts, despite all of the fanboyish bashing. BlackBerry has Flash! Yay! BlackBerry removed Flash! Yay! Whatever BlackBerry does is "yay".

Posted via CB10
    mrimperfect likes this.
    10-19-14 10:46 PM
    For the time being, why not just use the 10.3.0.1418 leak? All the flash you want!

But, yeah, the claim that html would make flash unnecessary is disproven by all of the flash-dependent websites that still remain, like restaurant sites and others that don't update their sites very often.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418 / T-Mobile USA
    10-19-14 11:24 PM
    They just want to argue everything. Ironically, BlackBerry fans aren't all that different from iPhone or Android counterparts, despite all of the fanboyish bashing. BlackBerry has Flash! Yay! BlackBerry removed Flash! Yay! Whatever BlackBerry does is "yay".

Posted via CB10
    Actually it is Adobe who no longer supports Flash for mobile devices.

STL 100-3 OS 10.3.1.800
    10-20-14 12:28 AM
    Maybe I should rephrase. If features that are important to me keep getting removed, then I have less and less reason to stay with BlackBerry and more and more reason to go to another platform that at least makes many other things easier. I already almost ended up going with iPhone 6 Plus, but the Passport convinced me to stay with BlackBerry once again because it is such an awesome device. However, if Chen and Co. keep taking my features away then I'm going to go away too. It's not because I can find Flash somewhere else. I've already been in this boat once when Sony removed support for Other OS on the PS3 and when BlackBerry disabled the AC3 codec following the launch of the Z10, the only device to support AC3. Not going to let this go a third time, BlackBerry or not. Flash better be back.
    Lol. IPhone 6 Plus vs. Passport = apples vs. steak. Are you sure you know what features you're looking for in a device?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 12:35 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    Porhub uses flash?!?

Now that explains things!

Lol!

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    10-20-14 12:35 AM
    Porhub uses flash?!?

Now that explains things!

Lol!

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 12:44 AM
    Maybe I should rephrase. If features that are important to me keep getting removed, then I have less and less reason to stay with BlackBerry and more and more reason to go to another platform that at least makes many other things easier. I already almost ended up going with iPhone 6 Plus, but the Passport convinced me to stay with BlackBerry once again because it is such an awesome device. However, if Chen and Co. keep taking my features away then I'm going to go away too. It's not because I can find Flash somewhere else. I've already been in this boat once when Sony removed support for Other OS on the PS3 and when BlackBerry disabled the AC3 codec following the launch of the Z10, the only device to support AC3. Not going to let this go a third time, BlackBerry or not. Flash better be back.
    Flash is gone. Adobe also stopped. I do miss it. Good luck finding it. The internet has moved on to HTML5
    01-06-15 05:02 PM
    What is the benefit to removing a functional part of the browser? Somebody with knowledge of this please explain

Posted via CB10
    Adobe has dropped development for the mobile version of Flash. If Adobe isn't pouring any more money into the development of this product, it seems logical for BlackBerry to stay ahead of the curve this time and remove it from its OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:27 PM
    Adobe has dropped development for the mobile version of Flash. If Adobe isn't pouring any more money into the development of this product, it seems logical for BlackBerry to stay ahead of the curve this time and remove it from its OS.

Posted via CB10
    But that leaves it with users losing functionality on a LARGE number of sites. Look at the other thread that is dedicated to this exact topic if you don't believe me before you flame post about how no big corporation or good website uses it.

They still do.

To quote many others:

"HTML5 is the future, sure, but Flash is the now and still prominent."

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    ralfyguy likes this.
    01-06-15 08:46 PM
    Ok ok ok!
    The use of HTML5 is what's happening now. Soon there after it will be something else.

Ya ya ya!
    Adobe has stop development. That doesn't mean it still can't be optimized to have maximum performance on our devices.

What I don't get is if we were already using this and paying for the licensing, why are we not still using it going forward until a majority have migrated. There is no need to stay ahead of this trend and drop it completely. Some said the basically the same thing when we were migrating to bb10. BBOS worked well for a very long time.

Flash is obviously still in use for now and who knows how much longer. When dealing with technology there will always be "Early Adapters" "Mainstream Adapters" and "Late Comers" we constantly use obsolete technology for many reasons, cost seams to be the main driving factor. New tech usually cost more and then price tends to lower.

BlackBerry has very little marketing or selling points over the competition. Now that thing appear to be moving in a positive direction for BlackBerry is seam silly to take away capabilities, I mean isn't the whole point for our platform development to further the capabilities and optimize performance to perfection.

There has to be some thing more to this story.
    Rant over! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 09:12 PM
    Ok ok ok!
    The use of HTML5 is what's happening now. Soon there after it will be something else.

Ya ya ya!
    Adobe has stop development. That doesn't mean it still can't be optimized to have maximum performance on our devices.

What I don't get is if we were already using this and paying for the licensing, why are we not still using it going forward until a majority have migrated. There is no need to stay ahead of this trend and drop it completely. Some said the basically the same thing when we were migrating to bb10. BBOS worked well for a very long time.

Flash is obviously still in use for now and who knows how much longer. When dealing with technology there will always be "Early Adapters" "Mainstream Adapters" and "Late Comers" we constantly use obsolete technology for many reasons, cost seams to be the main driving factor. New tech usually cost more and then price tends to lower.

BlackBerry has very little marketing or selling points over the competition. Now that thing appear to be moving in a positive direction for BlackBerry is seam silly to take away capabilities, I mean isn't the whole point for our platform development to further the capabilities and optimize performance to perfection.

There has to be some thing more to this story.
    Rant over! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, and the difference to other platforms is that they don't need the flash, because they have the APPS in their ecosystem instead for the purpose.
    BlackBerry has already the disadvantage of NOT having such APPS in their ecosystem so they can AFFORD to make a decision like that to abandon flash like the others.
    Flash is still used very very widespread and do they honestly think that because WE (BlackBerry) announced that we drop flash now, everybody out there now says: OMG, BLACKBERRY DROPPED FLASH!!! WE GOTTA DROP IT TOO!!! OMG WE NEED TO USE HTML5 NOW ASAP!!!
    Now BlackBerry lines up another stupid decision to put their platform even more behind.
    Other platforms could afford to drop flash because of their ecosystem. BlackBerry cannot...not YET!

You know there is a saying: If you wanna go pi$$ with the big dogs, then you gotta have the di.. for it!
    01-06-15 10:06 PM
    Do we have to have another ***** session on this topic that's been exhausted to death in other dedicated threads.

cbcoza | Z3/Z10/Z30 - OS:10.3.1.1154
    01-06-15 10:38 PM
    One word; downgrade

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:37 AM
    Flash is EOL.
    01-07-15 05:26 PM
    Flash is dead. Adobe's call. Move on with life html5 is better anyways. Sites will catch up especially larger players ( who by in large already have switched). Small fish won't yet but that's how it always is. Tech out paces them and they form the late comers by in large

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    01-07-15 09:47 PM
    Flash is dead. Adobe's call. Move on with life html5 is better anyways. Sites will catch up especially larger players ( who by in large already have switched). Small fish won't yet but that's how it always is. Tech out paces them and they form the late comers by in large

You should check out the "Flash Usefulness" thread to see just how many of the large players, especially ones in the segments BlackBerry is targeting, are still using Flash. It's far, far from dead.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 10:06 PM

You clearly have no done your research enough nor read through these threads..

You should check out the "Flash Usefulness" thread to see just how many of the large players, especially ones in the segments BlackBerry is targeting, are still using Flash. It's far, far from dead.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.

01-07-15 10:59 PM
    Mobile flash is absolutely dead. Desktop is a hot sticky mess of constant security updates. It wouldn't shock me it go bye-bye in the next couple years too.
    ufon007 likes this.
    01-07-15 11:23 PM
    For those hating on flash you realize a simple website such as world star hip hop no longer works on your device. Yes you may not visit it, but there are some funny videos there. Since their site doesn't render in mobile on my z30 I'm unable to view any of the videos as the desktop version requires flash.

This is just one example. Not to mention the plethora of streaming sites like alluc and letmewatchthis and the sports streams like wiziwig and firstrow. All worked in the past.

If only we were able to download the Photon browser and purchase it so that we can view in full screen mode.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 11:37 PM
    For those hating on flash you realize a simple website such as world star hip hop no longer works on your device. Yes you may not visit it, but there are some funny videos there. Since their site doesn't render in mobile on my z30 I'm unable to view any of the videos as the desktop version requires flash.

This is just one example. Not to mention the plethora of streaming sites like alluc and letmewatchthis and the sports streams like wiziwig and firstrow. All worked in the past.

If only we were able to download the Photon browser and purchase it so that we can view in full screen mode.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't realize facts were now hateful.

KB36434-Adobe Flash support is not included in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 Browser
    01-07-15 11:43 PM
    You clearly have no done your research enough nor read through these threads..

Thank you.

I've done plenty of research first of all. Secondly, if those who make it ie adobe cease to produce or support a product, ie flash for mobile browsing, it's like several others have said, you're either ahead of mainstreamed or behind the move. For the first time blackberry is actually ahead of the move which is a good thing. Yes sites still use it, and yes every site will be moving AWAY From it in the future. Such is the ebb and flow of technology. I get it you don't like change but that's the facts of the matter as they stand right now and arguing over it is pointless.

BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-08-15 12:30 AM
    Any native work around to enable flash?

Posted via CB10
    1. downloaded The Dolphin app.
    2. It will ask you to download flash player setting.
    3. Download and install.
    Once I did this my flash issues disappeared.
    Now I can play YouTube vids in the Native BlackBerry browser without Issue.
    01-08-15 02:45 AM
    Is that the Dolphin Fan App (aka "The UnOfficial Miami Dophins Fan App")?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-08-15 07:38 AM
87 1234