Well more signs of the demise of BB10 I guess... Russell Andrade (@russell_andrade), product manager for the Native SDK, just left BlackBerry:

I really hope they get this over with on the 26th and finally announce an estimated EOL (2017), this silence is just unfair to the people who are still buying BB10 phones
    Bluenoser63 and jope28 like this.
    09-21-15 10:31 PM
    People leave companies every day. Not sure why this one stands out.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:36 PM
    People leave companies every day. Not sure why this one stands out.

Posted via CB10
    Normally, I would agree with you but if you can't see why this one sticks out just a little bit more than some then I dunno what to say. Still, what you said remains true.. people do leave every day.. and a lot have left BlackBerry.
    BigBadWulf, jope28, tryfe and 9 others like this.
    09-21-15 10:41 PM
    I guess the thing about being a product manager is that there needs to be a product to manage.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 11:02 PM
    He probably didn't wanna develop Android apps. Lol!
    09-21-15 11:02 PM
    I guess the thing about being a product manager is that there needs to be a product to manage.

Posted via CB10
    Ouch.
    09-21-15 11:31 PM
    Wish him the best

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 11:54 PM
    Well more signs of the demise of BB10 I guess... Russell Andrade (@russell_andrade), product manager for the Native SDK, just left BlackBerry:

I really hope they get this over with on the 26th and finally announce an estimated EOL (2017), this silence is just unfair to the people who are still buying BB10 phones
    Just another sign that Native SDK development is going nowhere with BB10. There are zero signs that BlackBerry has any interest in going any farther with Native BlackBerry 10 applications. I challenge anyone to show one sign that native SDK development is moving forward.
    09-22-15 03:02 AM
    Is a shame the BlackBerry lite and Developers don't do an union and asking BlackBerry to be clear. A union when they announced to stop every development for this platform.
    But no one do, because have fear to lose their privilege and go in a fight with BlackBerry.

Don't worry anyway, BlackBerry soon replace you with guys from the Android World. What is the sense to have BlackBerry lite and send device to them that supporting a EOL Platform?
    09-22-15 03:21 AM
    Is a shame the BlackBerry lite and Developers don't do an union and asking BlackBerry to be clear. A union when they announced to stop every development for this platform.
    But no one do, because have fear to lose their privilege and go in a fight with BlackBerry.

Don't worry anyway, BlackBerry soon replace you with guys from the Android World. What is the sense to have BlackBerry lite and send device to them that supporting a EOL Platform?
    Haha fair enough
    09-22-15 03:55 AM

Say it isn't so, Mr. Chen! Please announce a new product manager or at least that you are in the search for one! However now I suddenly feel that the plans not to end BB10 may have changed. I hope against hope that BB10 lives on!
    09-22-15 02:34 PM
    Ladies & Gentlemen, your new Product Manager for BB Native SDK: Sundar Pichai
    Sundar Pichai: Google's rising star reaches the top (like his teacher said he would) | Technology | The Guardian
    LazyEvul, eldricho and valer466 like this.
    09-22-15 03:18 PM
    Ladies & Gentlemen, your new Product Manager for BB Native SDK: Sundar Pichai
    Sundar Pichai: Google's rising star reaches the top (like his teacher said he would) | Technology | The Guardian
    Ha ha ha. Not funny! however I did laugh.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 03:30 PM
    The sky is falling!

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    newcollector likes this.
    09-22-15 03:55 PM
    The sky is falling!

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    No. The Sky isn't falling, but development of BB10 native has stopped.
    09-22-15 10:42 PM
    No. The Sky isn't falling, but development of BB10 native has stopped.
    Does that include Blackberry bundled apps, such as twitter, facebook, contacts, maps etc?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 10:48 PM
    Once again BB's actions speak louder than hollow "prepared statements". Blah blah Committed to BB10 blah blah. Who can blame us for cynicism?
    LazyEvul likes this.
    09-22-15 11:24 PM
    Once again BB's actions speak louder than hollow "prepared statements". Blah blah Committed to BB10 blah blah. Who can blame us for cynicism?
    Sundar Pichai?
    lmsilvam likes this.
    09-22-15 11:27 PM
    Does that include Blackberry bundled apps, such as twitter, facebook, contacts, maps etc?

Posted via CB10
    When was the last time you got an update to any of those things? I see so many postings about how crappy the facebook app is.
    09-23-15 03:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to have a new SKD for apps, if the OS isn't going anywhere. So those "bundled" apps could still see some updates. Just depend on how committed, Chen is committed.
    09-23-15 08:08 AM
    People always read too much into the "committed to BB10" comments. That can, and likely does, mean something as simple as providing maintenance updates for another year or two before pulling the plug. They're obligated to do so for their enterprise customers, who may still be buying new BB10 devices today.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    09-23-15 02:44 PM
    People always read too much into the "committed to BB10" comments. That can, and likely does, mean something as simple as providing maintenance updates for another year or two before pulling the plug. They're obligated to do so for their enterprise customers, who may still be buying new BB10 devices today.
    It's not like we haven't heard the exact same vague statement made by other companies (BB included) that inevitably turn out to be something along the lines of "let the customers maintain a hope and therefore we maintain our reputation long enough for them to forget or not be angry any more".

"We remain committed" may be true, but what's missing from such statements is "to the absolutely least costly contractually obligated minimum that we must do to either fulfill our contracts or just maintain some semblance of respectability".

If you mean something more than that, you don't say "just" that.
    wojt7, LazyEvul and Killjoyhere like this.
    09-23-15 03:02 PM