Hey guys,

Today I went through a "refresh" of my BB device: loaded the new OS 10.3.1.1949, wiped everything and cleaned up the SD.

While I was organising my files, I created a folder in the SD root called "Protected Media" where I put another folder called "Pictures" with some photos my family shouldn't see when playing with my device
    My idea was to download an application to encrypt them but, surprise, the phone (Pictures application) hasn't indexed that folder!!!

Is this a trick or a wanted function? If I try, in the picture app, to show hidden files these photos won't appear!!!

Is it the same for you?

I've looked through the forums, but no one mention this feature.

Let me know!!!

And, by the way, best wishes for a happy new year!!!

P.S.: I've also another question related to this leak, but I don't think that's the right section so I've posted it here, if someone feels very willing and wants to try to help me it's very much appreciated
    12-31-14 12:21 PM
    There are many ways to hide pictures.

1. Create new Folders as you already did
    2. Zip them and unzip then when you are "in the need"
    3. Use the "hide" feature

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:05 PM
    I just tried what you said... I had a turkey picture from Christmas Dinner, I moved to a folder named like yours, and it's not in picture view. This is a neat feature if it's actually un-indexing only pictures moved to that folder.

Nice find.

Posted on the Classic via CB10.
    12-31-14 04:11 PM
    So it seems to be a feature, very good

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 06:02 PM
    This is a nice find. Would be better still if you could password protect that folder or as you mentioned encrypt it. I'm sure everyone has a pic that they would like keep private be it from someone who you've passed your phone to for a quick demo to someone not authorized to snoop through.

Can BlackBerry open password protected ZIP files?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 07:18 AM
    Did you wait long enough ?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 07:24 AM
    You can just drop a file named ".nomedia" into any folder and the files inside that folder and sub folders won't in the media apps.

The default BlackBerry 10 File Browser won't show the .nomedia file so you have to use your computer's file manager to create or delete the file.

There is also an app made by xsasha, I think, that will add or remove this file for you. It is a bar file and isn't in BlackBerry World so it has to be side loaded.

T-Mobile  STL100-3 Z10 running Autoloaded 10.3.1.1949.
    01-01-15 08:51 AM
    You can just drop a file named ".nomedia" into any folder and the files inside that folder and sub folders won't in the media apps.

The default BlackBerry 10 File Browser won't show the .nomedia file so you have to use your computer's file manager to create or delete the file.

There is also an app made by xsasha, I think, that will add or remove this file for you. It is a bar file and isn't in BlackBerry World so it has to be side loaded.

T-Mobile  STL100-3 Z10 running Autoloaded 10.3.1.1949.
    It's thurask that made the nomedia app there's a thread about it. I've used it and it works really well.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 pin:2BDA5232
    01-01-15 11:29 AM
    I didn't know about nomedia, thanks for the tip

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 12:11 PM