Hey all,

Anyone know if there's even a remote chance that there will be a native pattern lock security option for BB10 at any point?
    I know it's not as secure as a hexadecimal code,but for convenience sake it would be nice.

I work in a small office and generally I'm within 3 feet of my phone at all times(addict tendency? ) but I'd like a medium security option.

For the record, I absolutely hate the "drag a number to the picture" lock!

There are apps in the BlackBerry world that look okay, but don't fully integrate as flawlessly as say, an android counterpart.

Any info or tips would be appreciated

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 02:08 PM
    Use picture password. More secure than pattern lock and quicker than a password or pin.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    08-06-15 04:40 PM
    Secure x in blackberry world is what you want

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 04:41 PM
    Use picture password. More secure than pattern lock and quicker than a password or pin.

OP said he doesn't like picture password. And I'm not sure it's more secure since I've unlocked mine accidentally before. Personally I like and use picture password, but just pointing that out.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 06:24 PM
    OP said he doesn't like picture password. And I'm not sure it's more secure since I've unlocked mine accidentally before. Personally I like and use picture password, but just pointing that out.

Posted via CB10
    When pattern lock first came out on Android, a favorite game around the office was unlocking someone else's phone. That is trivially easy to do. I've unlocked picture password but accident too, but no one else has been able to get into my phone. Even if they do, they probably won't be able to repeat.

08-07-15 05:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Picture password is well protected against guesswork IRL, even if you record someone using it, you won't be able to find which number and where unless you record them unlocking the phone multiple times, but it does have a larger window for lucky slips

On the other hand, pattern unlocking can be simple if you managed to record it, but it does have a smaller window for lucky guessworks

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    08-07-15 07:18 AM
    Weeeell... I showed the picture password function to my sister in law, stating that it was virtually impossible to guess. She asked if she could try, and I said "Of course", handed her the phone and almost fainted when she unlocked it first try. And yes, she could repeat it.

So I set up another photo, with another number, and then she couldn't do it.

What I'm saying is, choose the photo used wisely. Some are more suited than others.
    08-07-15 05:43 PM
    Another mark in favor of picture password is that most people don't even know what it is. They see the numbers, assume it's a numeric PIN lock of some sort, and start guessing and tapping.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 07:32 PM
    I'm a fan of picture password but many times, my number is right next to where the number should go, so, I can see how it can be unlocked easily by someone else who just maybe moving number ever so slightly. It would be great if there can be a two step option to unlock the phone accidental unlocking would defense significantly.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 12:49 AM
    Actually you get the full alphabet, not hexadecimal.

Lock screens look like a simple programming task, but history has shown that plenty of lock screen programs have been bypassed by hackers. IOS and Android screw ups for example, but even desktop lock screen programs have been bungled.

I would leave well enough alone. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 01:42 AM
    Picture password: choose your pic wisely & the spot where you will the number. It's effective as entering an alpha numeric code.

Personally I use naked chick pic and the spot I choose is NOT the obvious spot!
    Joshu42 likes this.
    08-08-15 08:01 PM
    This is the 1st time I've heard of our Blackberries being able to do this! Where do I start from to set up this capability? I'd be happier with even a shorter password for sites that demonstrate a large number of satisfied people using this idea.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 04:20 AM
    Secure x in blackberry world is what you want
    Unfortunately, a user is still able to access the Settings menu by swiping down on the SecureX lock screen. I initially love the app but this "weakness" has put a damper on how I feel about it.

I did try BBRY's picture password but didn't care for it at the time. Maybe I'll give it another go.
    08-10-15 12:01 PM
    This is the 1st time I've heard of our Blackberries being able to do this! Where do I start from to set up this capability? I'd be happier with even a shorter password for sites that demonstrate a large number of satisfied people using this idea.
    If you're asking about the Picture Password go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Device Password > Picture Password (you need to turn device password on before you can enable the picture password)
    08-10-15 04:00 PM