For many things, nothing beats a good native app, but between a really good mobile site, such as ebay or using an andriod app, which do you prefer?

I take it on a case by case basis, but I will often choose a good mobile site.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 10:20 AM
    I would usually say:
    Native BB10 > Android > Mobile site

But all depends how cumbersome the app is, whether BB10 or Android, and just how good that mobile site is.
    04-12-14 11:08 AM
    Problem is, there are so few apps that provide us options for all three.

Android apps like Amazon and Ebay are basically just visual copies of the mobile web site. Sure, there's an Ebay app in BBW, but it's an android port, and from an older version that has not been updated to match the current android version. Still, I do have the latest android version of both those apps and prefer to use those over the web site.

I will say that I did dump the native Facebook app and only use the website for the 4 or 5 times a month I check it to slow down my data bleed.

There are only a few real native apps that I know of that actually have a BlackBerry specific look compared to an android or website version. E! Online is one that is actually fairly well thought out, and doesn't look a thing like the android version I've seen, or the iOS version my wife has on her iPhone. And the mobile site is kind of a mess. USA Today is native, but it mimics the look of its other versions.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 12:15 PM
    If the app really needs internet access then a really good mobile site every time.
    04-12-14 04:03 PM
    I am starting to really like some of the mobile sites, such as ESPN and CBS sports.
    A good mobile site is often much better than an android app and often those apps are pointless.

I agree that there aren't many cases where we have three options.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 08:24 AM