There must be a reason for this.......help?

I had to do the 10.3.1581 update today or the notifications would have driven me nuts. Mostly it appears to be just a bunch of "showy" update - no real substance which is fine I guess.

I have searched and searched to no avail - can someone please explain why BB narrowed my texting screen and added the other person's picture beside every text message? I thought this may be handy during a group text so I would know who wrote what, but then I remembered....BB doesn't HAVE group text (where everyone can see everyone else's messages!) My BBM messages are all full width (the the whole ONE person I know that uses BBM), email messages are full width of screen - text messages? Nope, narrowed to allow for the other user's picture.

Now why I would need to see the other person's picture beside every single message they send is beyond me. Since the phone only allows one person to respond to each text message, I'm pretty sure I know who sent it and don't need to be reminded every few seconds. Why can I not get my text messages to fill the screen horizontally? What purpose does this change serve?

Did I miss something or are the software engineers at BB just partially ********?
    02-21-15 09:52 PM
    Yeah actually. They need to fix this and make texting a better experience. It was better with 10.2 but the theme here is more better I guess but then this picture thing is really not smart by BlackBerry. They need to somehow remove it or bring group texting. Then there's even the Calendar that was better and what not?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:15 PM
    And also name appearing before every text was something that was good even though we knew who the person was still, it looked good. I guess BlackBerry replaced names with the pictures. Still I would prefer names.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:18 PM
    Exactly. What is the point of "group text" if all the people on it can't see each others responses? How is that a group text? It's a group BROADCAST, but not a group text. And why only narrow the texting window? The BBM window is still full width (as is email) but not texts. This is absolutely re tarded. Who allows these things to move through to production and distribution??????
    02-21-15 10:25 PM
    Dark background sucks to the core. What were they thinking while developing it? It was so much better with 10.2.1. I seriously want some of the 10.2.1 look back with 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:44 PM
    Dark background sucks to the core. What were they thinking while developing it? It was so much better with 10.2.1. I seriously want some of the 10.2.1 look back with 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    Um... you can change the dark background theme to the light theme.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:32 PM
    So I'm just curious if anyone has any idea how to change the text screen I mentioned in my OP. Is there a reason this was done that I'm not aware of? Thanks.
    02-22-15 01:21 PM
    I've looked in every setting and there's no way to change the width. At least from what I can see. Agree, very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 01:43 PM
    Nope. Everything is pretty much fixed as is.

The only real changes you can make are dark/light theme and turning on/off the ability to send with the enter key. Turning it off will give you a separate "send" button in the action bar.

Both are set in the Hub > Settings > Text Messages.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:16 PM