This I had to reply to. So excuse me if I had not read through the thread.

I don't care about the name as long as it's Peter Cullen's voice (pretty please). Or Morgan Freeman. They've got epic voices I hear. lol
    07-17-14 07:19 PM
    I still say BlackBerry should try to get it called Jarvis.
    I want this too

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 07:24 PM
    PAM - Personal Assistant Manager. Really don't care though what it gets called.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    russworman likes this.
    07-17-14 07:25 PM
    What about "blurry". Then when people ask are you talking to Siri. Say "no. I have Blurry".

Ok not really the best name, but kinda funny? At least inside my head

Posted from my awesome Q10
    07-17-14 07:26 PM
    Natasha

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 07:27 PM
    Hello Blackberry
    07-17-14 08:04 PM
    All terrible names...

1. Is/was an evil entity bent on ruling the world and enslaving the human race...this would be more suited for apple.

2. An incompetent assistant that refuses to do what it's told and loves to give you a hard time.

3. The dumbest character on the Simpsons. Like blackberry needs another name to be ridiculed by.

Posted via CB10
    Fyi, I was just having fun.
    07-17-14 08:31 PM
    Google Now (I am joking) - maybe depending how important it is - Blackberry Assistant to Voice X
    07-17-14 08:43 PM
    If the BlackBerry splat is called Spark, then the assistant could be called Sparky. Like the know-it-all Radar would call on M*A*S*H.
    07-17-14 09:10 PM
    Please no name, keep it professional and grown up. This is BlackBerry, not a phone for glitter teens hanging out at the mall.
    Outrunner likes this.
    07-17-14 09:14 PM
    Ok. So bear with me on this one...

the personal assistant is supposed to help with something which results in an action or an answer of some kind. The latter would come in the form of a notification, and BlackBerry already has a name for the little cross-thingy that shows a new notification and that name is Spark. So why not call it Spark? So when addressing the personal assistant you would be addressing the notification in a way.

And Spark is damn close to Spock. Best PA ever

Posted via CB10
    Call it Sparky
    ..Hey Sparky book me an appointment....

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 09:53 PM
    Samantha for a Womans voice
    Samuel for a Mans voice
    Chief for a green Version of the device
    07-17-14 10:02 PM
    Please no name, keep it professional and grown up. This is BlackBerry, not a phone for glitter teens hanging out at the mall.
    I agree, I'm all about keeping it professional but having the option to name it what you want would satisfy everyone's needs. The more options the better. That goes for everything, there should always be an option.
    07-17-14 11:55 PM
    Name it BB!
    07-17-14 11:59 PM
    Didn't quote properly

Deleted.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    07-18-14 12:46 AM
    At least they named it "personal assistant". They didn't even name that ability to use 90+% of android apps. They just call it "the ability to use 90+% of android apps". That's just how great their marketing is.

BBQ10
    07-18-14 01:07 AM
    This I had to reply to. So excuse me if I had not read through the thread.

I don't care about the name as long as it's Peter Cullen's voice (pretty please). Or Morgan Freeman. They've got epic voices I hear. lol
    Well if we're going with celebrities then I'll have to throw Samuel L. Jackson in there. Call it SAM and when you give it a command it will start with "What the hell do you want?!" ...mind you it would be a great shot at apple and siri since they used samuel in some siri commercials last year....a lot of people would buy a blackberry if that happens.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi and fpjones3 like this.
    07-18-14 01:10 AM
    Some people mentioning 'Sara'.. So how about 'Sarah' instead?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 01:17 AM
    BlackBerry Personal Assistant is a very, well, boring yet hugely descriptive name. Marketing at BlackBerry wants BlackBerry to be synonymous with "work", aka "...and that means professional mobility, enterprise mobility...", and BlackBerry Personal Assistant is certainly in compliance with that thought.

A standard and very grown up / corporate way of naming a business feature is to make a list of key words you want to associate with that feature and make a word out of some combination of letters from those. Needless to say the result often leaves quite a lot to be desired.

Unless BlackBerry Personal Assistant has a voice activated feature, I don't really give two sh##ts about what it's called as long as it works, and it works well. But if it does have a voice activated feature I think it makes sense to have a shorter and more compelling name that helps BlackBerry tell the story of why they are the best at helping me getting my work done through the BlackBerry Personal Assistant feature. But I guess that has more to do with ease of use than anything.

I get what you're saying, but think it's a false dichotomy or if not a false conflict. Grown ups are just older kids, and (not to go all Sting on you) I don't subscribe to the idea that a name that a teen might find cool also could be hugely professional and effective.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-18-14 01:22 AM
    Well if we're going with celebrities then I'll have to throw Samuel L. Jackson in there. Call it SAM and when you give it a command it will start with "What the hell do you want?!" ...mind you it would be a great shot at apple and siri since they used samuel in some siri commercials last year....a lot of people would buy a blackberry if that happens.

Posted via CB10
    Or Mr T
    Naming suggestion for BlackBerry Personal Assistant-img_20140718_083003_edit.png
    fpjones3 likes this.
    07-18-14 01:32 AM
    I want this too

Posted via CB10
    Me three!
    07-18-14 01:35 AM
    How about:

1. Ava = Artificial Voice Assistant
    2. Eva = Enterprise Voice Assistant
    3. NaVa = Natural Voice Assistant

Google Search came up with:

Ava
    Ava means bird, as derived from the Latin "avis." Used most often as a female name, it could also be a shorter form of the Hebrew "Chava" meaning "life."

Eva is a female given name, the Latinate counterpart of English Eve, derived from a Hebrew name meaning "life" or "living one." It can also mean full of Life or mother of life. It is the standard biblical form of Eve in many European languages.

Nava \n(a)-va\ as a girl's name has the meaning "lovely" and is a variant of Naavah (Hebrew).
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-18-14 02:23 AM
    and Eva is also from the film Wall.e, I like it, Eva (as long as she doesn't call me wall.e)
    (She was looking for life on earth, a probe, and she and wall.e fell in love) highlighting a struggle against social norms.
    Mr2KiEu likes this.
    07-18-14 02:43 AM
    They should name it "Rosita"

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 03:47 AM
    If it's going to be based on Maluuba, why not just call it Maluuba?
    07-18-14 03:50 AM
138 ... 23456