So since Saturday my Z10 sent the same email to someone over 2800 times. Now I have. Extra $300 charged to my account because of this email. (I came to the US today from Canada so I pay $1/MB of Data)

Anyone seen this issue before?
    What can I do to stop it?
    Any recommendations?

I sure hope Telus comes to the table and helps me out with the charges.
    jegitoe likes this.
    03-12-13 05:45 PM
    Turn your roaming off and use just wifi
    It happened to me once when I went to cuba and my work were nice enough to pay an $800+ roaming fee
    So that's what I do now every time I travel.
    And good luck to try dealing with Telus

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 05:49 PM
    I dont know why that happens but it happened to me before on my bb9750 and my friends iphone5.
    03-12-13 05:50 PM
    Nico, its not just when I came to the US. It sent it Saturday and Sunday while I was back in Canada too. I can't have it doing it back at home either.
    03-12-13 05:59 PM
    Try to look at ur setting

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 06:05 PM
    And let me know

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 06:07 PM
    I once had an email sent from my desktop at work the the client received 50 times before IT can kill the process. We use exchange at work... could that be the problem?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 06:15 PM
    remove your email!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 06:17 PM
    This happened to me too but it was some type of download going over and over stuck in some kind of loop. I'm also with Telus on a 5gig data plan and I knew that I did not use that much data. Called Telus and let them know that I was not downloading any movie or streaming. Got to there tech support and he did some digging for me and I still have not heard back from him but he also told me I will not be charged for overage for this months bill. It's really weird too because the download was happening at 4pm everyday and would end about 45mins later thus using a shiit load of data...around 1.5gig in that time frame. Give Telus a call and see if they can work with ya on the problem

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 06:21 PM
    There is a bug in recent Z10 firmware releases that garbles SMTP headers and causes some email servers to reject outgoing email messages from the Z10. What type of email configuration are you using - POP/IMAP/Exchange ActiveSync?
    03-13-13 03:29 AM
    It came off my POP email.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 10:25 AM
    It came off my POP email.

In that case, please see the following announcement:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rsions-779341/
    03-13-13 03:24 PM
    I once had an email sent from my desktop at work the the client received 50 times before IT can kill the process. We use exchange at work... could that be the problem?

Posted via CB10
    We've seen an issue where an email will get stuck in the outbox in Outlook and keep sending repeatedly. Deleting it will resolve the problem. Doesn't sound like this is an Exchange issue though...
    03-13-13 03:33 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like my issue is related to this. Telus better step up to the plate and help me with this $300 Data Charge.
    03-13-13 10:29 PM
    also don't install any Android apps you do not know. They all want internet access and you don't even know what they are doing.
    03-13-13 10:33 PM
    I had the exact same issue. it happened to my phone twice. But only for about a gig. Its whats caused the issue I wrote about in this thread..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-night-776653/

Still trying to figure out what caused it.

I talked to my provider, they wont credit me unless Blackberry calls them to tell them its a glitch with their software. I have yet to call Blackberry about it. But there's some comfort to know I'm not the only one it's happened to.
    03-18-13 02:56 PM
    Same happened to me and used all my 2gb data in two days, I only recently realised it was an email that continually keep sending which had some attachments. I hope BlackBerry fix this in an update soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 03:18 PM
    For those of you who apparently had an email repeatedly send in a loop, can you reply with the type of email service and protocol you're using please?

IE "Outlook.com Exchange ActiveSync", or "Yahoo IMAP", or "Bell Canada POP3".

Thanks.

Trying to see what the common thread is here and if it's related to that other issue I posted a link to.
    03-18-13 04:04 PM
    For those of you who apparently had an email repeatedly send in a loop, can you reply with the type of email service and protocol you're using please?

IE "Outlook.com Exchange ActiveSync", or "Yahoo IMAP", or "Bell Canada POP3".

Thanks.

Trying to see what the common thread is here and if it's related to that other issue I posted a link to.
    I'm using AOL IMAP

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 04:14 PM
    I'm using AOL IMAP
    Thanks.

Just to clarify - you're using IMAP for both the sending and receiving side on that account? Because the email issue identified previously has only been verified so far when the OUTgoing email server is straight SMTP, not IMAP.
    03-18-13 04:40 PM
    Thanks.

Just to clarify - you're using IMAP for both the sending and receiving side on that account? Because the email issue identified previously has only been verified so far when the OUTgoing email server is straight SMTP, not IMAP.
    Yeah sorry, my out going server is SMTP.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 04:56 PM
    Yeah sorry, my out going server is SMTP.
    So yes, the issue I mentioned could be what is impacting you.

Please see the link I posted earlier, which has another link pointing to the main discussion.

There is a good chance that Blackberry will patch that issue fairly soon, they have acknowledged the issue. But it wouldn't hurt to either open a trouble-ticket with your carrier or Blackberry over it and link to the main thread here, or reference one of the existing trouble-ticket numbers posted in the main discussion thread on that as mentioned.
    03-20-13 12:42 AM
    This cutting edge email tech free from the clutches if BIS is working out really well, isn't it?
    03-20-13 02:07 AM
    This cutting edge email tech free from the clutches if BIS is working out really well, isn't it?

You are becoming a tedious broken-record who fishes for things that aren't even related to your favorite crusade. Give it a rest please.
    03-20-13 05:22 AM
    Thats also Drain your Battery massively and its maybe the reason why evedyone have different Batterylife. This have to be fixed immediately.
    03-20-13 06:15 AM