MY WISH FOR A FUTURE BB10 OS Leak or UPGRADE! Comment-bbos10notification.jpg

Well, something i really miss from the old bb os the Legacy devices, is the notification bar with the mini icons, i think it would be a great ADDITION to the hub and the red star notification at the top of each icon, for example when u are using an app and u dont wanna leave it peek or minimize it u can check the notiication bar on top always to see whats happening, What do you think, well at least be custimizable or turn it on or off on your screen.
    11-13-13 10:51 PM
    I was just thinking this the other day, thanks for putting up a visualization! I think that would bring a great look to the OS
    11-13-13 10:59 PM
    This, along with the RED GLOW CORNER from the playbook
    scrapmetal58 and Ben1232 like this.
    11-13-13 10:59 PM
    Yes, I've been waiting for this, I remember when I used the s3 and I tried to download "widgets" to simulate the notification red star on top of the icons but didn't worked well, and the icons on top where transparent, didn't like them but I miss the old BlackBerry OS ones. Thanks for commenting

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 11:07 PM
    Would be cool, but don't we already pretty much have that? When you swipe up, even a tiny bit, you have notifications. They're just on the side now instead of at the top
    mrfreeze likes this.
    11-14-13 12:52 AM
    I like this idea to!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:56 AM
    Yes Slc Corrado, but I meant a static notification bar actionable you can turn it on or off, but always on top even when u are on any app. Instead of that bottom bar u get when u open an android app.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:10 AM
    I want a smart icon for the Weather app like the one that the Calendar app has. So it shows temp/conditions/etc.. all the time..
    BeWeather used to have this on the Legacy OS.

Posted via CB10
    bmoney1229 and Lotuffo like this.
    11-14-13 01:45 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbos10notification.jpg 
Views:	1297 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	220501

Well, something i really miss from the old bb os the Legacy devices, is the notification bar with the mini icons, i think it would be a great ADDITION to the hub and the red star notification at the top of each icon, for example when u are using an app and u dont wanna leave it peek or minimize it u can check the notiication bar on top always to see whats happening, What do you think, well at least be custimizable or turn it on or off on your screen.
    Yes, totally agree. I would love that.

Please also add full landscape support. And since we are heading in the direction of computer replacement, please also add the ability to duplicate your displays when connecting to a tv or monitor. that way we could use the tv/monitor as intended, and use the BB screen as a mouse pad or keyboard. GENIUS!
    11-14-13 02:30 AM
    Seems a little redundant to me when you can just peek with the swipe up and hold from anywhere in the phone and it'll show the same info.
    Ben1232 and Martijn Martens like this.
    11-14-13 02:45 AM
    What I really need is "send to category " instead of just select all

Pushed up using my big screened Z running 10.2.0.1803
    11-14-13 03:33 AM
    Seems a little redundant to me when you can just peek with the swipe up and hold from anywhere in the phone and it'll show the same info.
    If we abide by that logic, why have any icons at the top at all? Get rid of the battery, alarm, signal, and time since they can all be accessed in some other way...

If message icons were present, there would be no need to swipe up, making it easier and quicker. Plus, that space isn't currently being used by the main menu items anyways. It's a great idea. At least let it be an option to be turned on or off by the user

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:42 AM
    If we abide by that logic, why have any icons at the top at all? Get rid of the battery, alarm, signal, and time since they can all be accessed in some other way...

If message icons were present, there would be no need to swipe up, making it easier and quicker. Plus, that space isn't currently being used by the main menu items anyways. It's a great idea. At least let it be an option to be turned on or off by the user

Posted via CB10
    I agree that there should be a bar there for users to select what info they want displayed, but to have it be only notifications would be a mistake imo. In my case since I'm using the superbar, I get the info I want and can see my messages by peeking so I'm not bothered by them if I don't want to deal with it.

MY WISH FOR A FUTURE BB10 OS Leak or UPGRADE! Comment-img_00000367.png

MY WISH FOR A FUTURE BB10 OS Leak or UPGRADE! Comment-img_00000369.png

MY WISH FOR A FUTURE BB10 OS Leak or UPGRADE! Comment-img_00000370.png

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 04:42 AM
    Yes, but what if u are.doing something else, like typing an urgent message and u don't wanna stop writing it, just to peek , you can only see what's going in on top of the screen. If u don't like it u can turn it on or off. But having the option is just good the more types of notifications the better.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 10:03 AM
    I want a smart icon for the Weather app like the one that the Calendar app has. So it shows temp/conditions/etc.. all the time..
    BeWeather used to have this on the Legacy OS.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes I remember those I want those back too

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 10:04 AM
    Yes Slc Corrado, but I meant a static notification bar actionable you can turn it on or off, but always on top even when u are on any app. Instead of that bottom bar u get when u open an android app.

Posted via CB10
    That could be cool. I do kinda miss that notification bar from the legacy os
    11-14-13 10:53 AM
    I agree that there should be a bar there for users to select what info they want displayed, but to have it be only notifications would be a mistake imo.
    With the legacy OS7 devices, users could click on the bar to show what the notifications were, sorta like we have now on the lock screen. So I think the idea would be to include that functionality. A little redundant, but it's nice to have options, on top of options, on top of options...

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:01 AM
    This, along with the RED GLOW CORNER from the playbook
    This! I'd really love to have that again.

I think a notification bar that would be always on top of everyting would be a bit disturbing. The red glowing corner would be pretty unobtrusive.
    11-14-13 11:29 AM
    I agree that there should be a bar there for users to select what info they want displayed, but to have it be only notifications would be a mistake imo. In my case since I'm using the superbar, I get the info I want and can see my messages by peeking so I'm not bothered by them if I don't want to deal with it.

Name:	IMG_00000367.png 
Views:	490 
Size:	455.2 KB 
ID:	220554

Name:	IMG_00000369.png 
Views:	489 
Size:	572.0 KB 
ID:	220555

Name:	IMG_00000370.png 
Views:	494 
Size:	583.4 KB 
ID:	220556

Posted via CB10
    I like that how do you get "superbar"?

Secret squirreling with my Q.
    11-14-13 12:39 PM
    I like that how do you get "superbar"?

This app creates a superbar http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20078021

Posted via CB10
    DBones1021 likes this.
    11-14-13 12:49 PM
    Thanks!

This app creates a superbar http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20078021

Posted via CB10

11-14-13 01:09 PM
    So who's got. 1135 then?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:39 PM