#2 works fine for me, just takes awhile for ActiveSync sync to kick off.
    Hmm, whats awhile? I've waited 5 minutes, and its still there.
    02-06-13 02:54 PM
    He address bar on the browser is more a of a security thing than anything else, something to do with code injection when hiding it.

This was explained at the BBJam Americas

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    dietertong and imz like this.
    02-06-13 03:04 PM
    Allow me to clarify lest I be accused of bias or conflict.

I have been trading RIM stock for a while up & down so I'm totally agnostic to the products from that perspective. I've always loved the blackberry primary because the email was so quick. I find this keyboard to be rather annoying and far slower than the 9900.
    02-06-13 03:54 PM
    my biggest issue is that active sync is not working with contacts. i have over 1000 contacts and the contacts are blank. otherwise for 1st try at new os not bad.
    02-06-13 04:25 PM
    Did you enable the contacts to by synced with the ON/OFF slide in the account setup?
    Is PUSH enabled?
    02-06-13 04:28 PM
    Is Google Voice available?
    02-06-13 04:36 PM
    Really? Ok, so the way I do it, I'm in the HUB, I have all my emails, social messaging,etc listed by date. I press and hold my finger on the Date above on of the messages,. and this opens up the sidebar to the right. You will have 6 icons. The top two are Next and Previous. The middle two are To Top and To Bottom, and the bottom two are Mark Prior Read (looks like an open envelope with a down arrow to the left of it) and the Trash bin icon which is "Delete Prior"
    Thanks for the reply on that issue - this appeared like it was going to work for me, but it actually did not end up deleting the prior messages - even though it said that it could not be undone once it was done (which I approved). Any ideas why.

I have a few other concerns/learning curve issues and I wonder if this is the best place to ask. I totally love my Zed10 as I have all of my other berries and was the first in line at my Rogers store yesterday after pre-ordering in December. I have no qualms whatsoever about this product and am so stoked by early sales here but there will OBVIOUSLY be learning curve issues and updates required for the many different uses it offers. I hope people will just remain patient and allow the people who created this wonderful product to fix what needs to be fixed or teach those who may need a little more assistance. As usual CB is the BEST place for getting any issues resolved. Thx to all who support it (and **** off to all who try to destroy our beloved Crackberry's!

Cheers.

Zed10
    3 Curves
    02-06-13 04:52 PM
    I am struggling with just a couple things that I'm sure have quick fixes...

1/ Ending a phone call. When the screen has turned off and I am still on the call, do I really need to wake the screen to end the call (ie.swipe up slowly and then end the call?) I feel like I must have missed something in my basic training.
    2/ Speed Dial. Once I set a number as speed dial (which I did inadvertantly), how do I delete that contact from being on speed dial, while keeping them in my contacts?
    3/ New Contact from Email. If I receive an email from a new contact, is there a way to add them to contacts from the email? Again, maybe I missed this in basic training, which I missed because I was too excited to stay at the store (and because I was supposed to be at work)

It can be a little overwhelming to get used to the Zed10 but I find that I love the look, feel, speed, and possibilities far more in 36 hours than I did in the first week of having my Torch.
    02-06-13 05:04 PM
    3/ New Contact from Email. If I receive an email from a new contact, is there a way to add them to contacts from the email? .
    Think I figured that one out by holding on to the contact name while in the hub - screen pops up to the right allowing a bunch of options which include adding to contact and/or viewing contact. NICE!!!!
    02-06-13 05:09 PM
    Does the deleted message disappear when a new email arrives? That should trigger a synchronization. Not a solution to the problem, though. On my old Windows Mobile phone it would sync whenever I did anything, deleted a message, marked one as read/unread, etc. I'm sure it can be fixed because ActiveSync definitely supports this.
    02-06-13 05:22 PM
    My biggest annoyance is that when I am out and about and my z10 picks up a wifi hotspot, if won't let me browse using 3 get. It insists on trying to use the hotspot even when I am not logged into it so the browser hangs. I have to turn wifi off before I can use 3g. Surely this needs working on.
    02-06-13 07:31 PM
    Thanks for that! That does make things much snappier and somewhat remove the need for continuous (wraparound) scroll.
    Can't you just tap on any one of the dots to jump right to that corresponding screen? I saw one of the BlackBerry company guys demonstrate this.
    02-07-13 01:24 AM
    You are supposed to turn off wifi when he are not using it on any phone to save battery life

02-07-13 11:52 AM
    Hmm, whats awhile? I've waited 5 minutes, and its still there.
    Took 2 minutes for me, but it coincided with an incoming email coming in. What is your back end email platform? Maybe your not using ActiveSync?
    02-07-13 06:31 PM
    Definitely using active sync, exchange server 2010

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-07-13 06:42 PM
    #1 is my biggest gripe. I loved this feature being able to delete on both my handheld and mailbox. It was nice opening my e-mail account at the end of a day and not have to deal with cleaning it up because I dealt with them throughout the day by my handheld. But now it is gone.

Question though does activesync handle gmail accounts as well? Why would I not be able to delete from handheld and mailbox at least for my gmail account.
    02-07-13 08:09 PM
    2/ Speed Dial. Once I set a number as speed dial (which I did inadvertantly), how do I delete that contact from being on speed dial, while keeping them in my contacts?
    Tap and hold on the contact you want to remove once you get the context menu at the right choose remove from speed dial

#1 is my biggest gripe. I loved this feature being able to delete on both my handheld and mailbox. It was nice opening my e-mail account at the end of a day and not have to deal with cleaning it up because I dealt with them throughout the day by my handheld. But now it is gone.

Question though does activesync handle gmail accounts as well? Why would I not be able to delete from handheld and mailbox at least for my gmail account.
    Is not gone, you need to manage this at server side, in gmail go in your settings, under Forwarding POP/IMAP do as fix your settings to do as you wish, you can do this on any emalil provider as far as i know
    02-07-13 10:31 PM
    My top so far is no quick link or shortcut to compose an email or txt. Too many swipes.
    A Crackberry article from today describes a new feature coming in the first OS update where you can just start typing special keywords and it will bring you directly to the related function.

For example, you start typing "Email George" and it starts a new email message with George as the recipient.
    02-07-13 10:55 PM
    My #1 ANNOYANCE WITH BB10

People who post their annoyances with bb10, that's what!
    02-08-13 01:09 AM
    I don't find the rotation slow unless i try to do it while loading the browser or something. I just went and used my playbook and goddamn is it slow at doing, well, EVERYTHING.

I wish you could delete facebook and twitter from the very far left list (hub?). I also wish I could go to the top date in hub and use delete prior. looks like i can hold on delete and delete prior pops up but it doesn't seem to do anything.

for the record, if blackberry never released another update again i'd still be happy with this phone as it sits. love it.
    02-08-13 03:00 AM
    You can turn off Facebook and Twitter in the hub under settings

02-08-13 01:23 PM
    My #1 ANNOYANCE WITH BB10

People who post their annoyances with bb10, that's what!
    My intentions were to help the platform improve, not to complain.
    momofteme and jdhooghe like this.
    02-08-13 06:01 PM
    My intentions were to help the platform improve, not to complain.
    It is appreciated. Seriously, nothing is perfect and no matter how good anything is, it can always be made better. The only way for that to happen is for people to find things that don't work right or as good as they could and flag it. The only missing step is how can we ensure BB gets to see it all since there is so much effort done by poster to flag things and it would be a shame for it all to go to waste (i.e. no improvements down the line).

Anyways, thanks. Some of the issues you pointed out answered some of my questions/concerns. I've decided to hold off for the Q10 which will allow me to see if any new functionality comes with software updates.
    02-09-13 07:23 AM
    My number one annoyance is people who get offended (and post about it) when others point out issues or bugs in BB 10 - particularly if they do not have a ZedZee10 and haven't experienced ANYTHING first hand.

@Sterod - thank you for pointing out what you are having issues with yet.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-09-13 07:30 AM
    I emailed my list to both Jeff Gadway and Alex Saunders @ BB. They both replied saying that they would pass on the list to the appropriate departments.
    kirson likes this.
    02-09-13 07:59 AM
98 1234