Hmm I do have vibe+ring and vibrate on my email notifications both enabled. That probably would save a few minutes of battery life if I switched it back off...
    08-02-14 12:30 PM
    Hmm I do have vibe+ring and vibrate on my email notifications both enabled. That probably would save a few minutes of battery life if I switched it back off...
    Wouldn't hurt to try if you don't need vibrate.
    08-02-14 02:21 PM
    Please do try a Z30. It's a completely different experience. I'm struggling to run the battery out in a single day.
    lift likes this.
    08-02-14 02:31 PM
    OP, what I am on the notorious z10 stl-100 and trust me I have never had this issue. I'm just curious what did you do to fix your reboot issues? Have you tried leaks? I am on Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700 and its great in terms of battery and radio. No reboots at all. Did you contact support? What answer did you get? Security wipes? Clean install? If you are sure it's OS than it should have hit all. Lemon must be squeezed to get the lemonade

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 02:50 PM
    The reboot issue you were having could have been solved by wedging a small piece of paper between the bottom of the battery and the housing. Thus, forcing the battery more into the 4 contact pins. Clearly a hardware flaw but it worked for myself and others.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 03:00 PM
    Just to add my experience, I got a Z10 since one year, it's rock stable and without any problem since now.
    So don't know why your was so troubled, maybe you did have a buggy or broken device or some problems with OS update.
    I go through all os updates without any problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 04:18 PM
    Well, after over a week, I still think Android is a POS.
    I miss emails, the calendar is horrible, mobile browser is pathetic and can't seem to fit the screen at any given time and I'm constantly "pinching" the screen to adjust the screen. The apps require access to basically everything on your phone which is a huge privacy issue for me. The keyboard is absolutely terrible and it takes me twice as long to type.

Aside from the battery life which has been AMAZING, I whole heartedly regret leaving BB10 for android.

I'm actually considering swapping my SIM card and using my Z10 again because I find Android so cumbersome. I still use my Z10 quite a bit and give my S5 to my 5 year old son to play games because that is basically all its good for.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by d3r3k79; 08-02-14 at 08:06 PM.
    mrjmc99, kevets and lift like this.
    08-02-14 07:56 PM
    The gaming thing and "buying stuff" is no comparison. They do make a great gaming handheld though, lol.

For business and everyday use, it's just painful in my opinion. Thanks for giving a good honest opinion, and of one of the top android phones as well.

Battery life is a big deal. When my z10 gets busy, the battery just can't hold up. Looking forward to the day I move up to the z30. Need that 3000+ mAh battery!
    lift likes this.
    08-02-14 08:39 PM
    For all the people doubting OP's battery issues, there probably isn't a fix. My first 9630 would reboot ask the time no matter what u did to try to fix it. I finally had to send it back. Sometimes you get a phone that just won't work right. Your experiences with stable phones do not disprove his problems.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    08-03-14 07:43 AM
    Well, after over a week, I still think Android is a POS.
    I miss emails, the calendar is horrible, mobile browser is pathetic and can't seem to fit the screen at any given time and I'm constantly "pinching" the screen to adjust the screen. The apps require access to basically everything on your phone which is a huge privacy issue for me. The keyboard is absolutely terrible and it takes me twice as long to type.

Aside from the battery life which has been AMAZING, I whole heartedly regret leaving BB10 for android.

I'm actually considering swapping my SIM card and using my Z10 again because I find Android so cumbersome. I still use my Z10 quite a bit and give my S5 to my 5 year old son to play games because that is basically all its good for.

Posted via CB10
    I prefer my z30, but have played a lot with my Android to make it better. If your stuck with your Android for a while, install...
    1) SwiftKey keyboard - almost as good as bb
    2) Aqua mail - nice customizable email w/optional unified inbox and push imap. Also gives you a large inbox widget that kinda looks like the hub email
    3) Nova launcher- So you can resize the mail widget and make it full screen. Put it on the left of main home so it's kinda like the hub

Still won't have the bb flow, but makes Android more livable for us bb people
    08-03-14 11:34 AM
    I prefer my z30, but have played a lot with my Android to make it better. If your stuck with your Android for a while, install...
    1) SwiftKey keyboard - almost as good as bb
    2) Aqua mail - nice customizable email w/optional unified inbox and push imap. Also gives you a large inbox widget that kinda looks like the hub email
    3) Nova launcher- So you can resize the mail widget and make it full screen. Put it on the left of main home so it's kinda like the hub

Still won't have the bb flow, but makes Android more livable for us bb people
    If you have to play around with android so much to make it like a BlackBerry, why not just have a BlackBerry?
    08-03-14 11:38 AM
    If you have to play around with android so much to make it like a BlackBerry, why not just have a BlackBerry?
    This may come as a surprise, but I agree. It's good advice for OP, but unless your waiting to upgrade a phone you don't like I don't know why you would do this.

lift likes this.
    08-03-14 11:49 AM
    Some don't 'have' one but want one, I had to use my htc one for months waiting to upgrade to my z30. Regardless of wanting a bb or not, forget the email widget, those changes I posted, especially the swift key keyboard make the experience much better

As I posted....
    I do, a z30, he doesnt, until then, this helps
    Last edited by ronpfid; 08-03-14 at 12:04 PM.
    08-03-14 11:54 AM
    This may come as a surprise, but I agree. It's good advice for OP, but unless your waiting to upgrade a phone you don't like I don't know why you would do this.

It makes Android better whether your planning for an upgrade or not. Most people with androids don't use them stock anyway
    08-03-14 11:56 AM
    It makes Android better whether your planning for an upgrade or not. Most people with androids don't use them stock anyway
    Making it better is subjective. I find that I type just as well and often faster with gesture controls on Google's stock keyboard as I do with the BB10 keyboard. I don't use email often, so that's not a problem for me. I like my Z10 and my HTC One for their own reasons and don't feel the need to make my One like my Z10. You agreed with me on my other point. You made it more like BB10 while you were waiting to upgrade.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-03-14 12:24 PM
    I understand where you come from, and I think that is good advice for someone if they have to use android.

Personally, I want to use something with a good experience out of the box. It's nice that you can customize every inch of android, for the tweakers, but for me I just want something good to use that I don't have to spend hours toiling away at to make it liveable.
    08-03-14 12:27 PM
    Making it better is subjective. I find that I type just as well and often faster with gesture controls on Google's stock keyboard as I do with the BB10 keyboard. I don't use email often, so that's not a problem for me. I like my Z10 and my HTC One for their own reasons and don't feel the need to make my One like my Z10. You agreed with me on my other point. You made it more like BB10 while you were waiting to upgrade.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Yes, I personally put the email widget to the left as I liked tthe way the hub let's you quickly peek at your mails. The rest of the tweaks aren't bb-like they just make Android better imo. The op ccomplained about the keyboard so I offered a solution, also mentioned he missed bb and the hub email so I offered a solution.

I found the stock keyboard horrid, someone on here pointed me to SwiftKey and it's so much more accurate. I do a lot of emailing though.

Agree it's nice Android let's you customize but it'snnot nice that you have to customize to fix all the stock annoyances. I myself cannot imagine using an HTC One stock, blinkfeed is awful, the icons are appalling, etc.

To me, the only thing android has going for it is that I can make it look cool with custom icons, add a calendar widget so my appointments are right there, etc. But in the end, I use my z30 99% of the time since there are no tweaks that give my HTC One that fast smooth flow of a bb
    08-03-14 12:38 PM
    I have the same problems as op with my z10.

I'm waiting for a better phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 12:46 PM
    My device has never rebooted itself since I got it. (8 months)

Not a single call drop with 2 different carriers. (8 months)

Posted via CB10
    Dat pic! Wow

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    08-03-14 01:09 PM

Agree it's nice Android let's you customize but it'snnot nice that you have to customize to fix all the stock annoyances. I myself cannot imagine using an HTC One stock, blinkfeed is awful, the icons are appalling, etc.
    To be clear, I have the Google Play Edition which runs stock rather than Sense. The icons are much nicer than the sense icons and the keyboard is better too. I have Google Now left of my home screen, which I love.

I have noticed that the 10.3 leak leaves the home screen blank if I don't have any active frames which is a big improvement for me. I hate starting at icons instead of my wallpaper. BB10 is making some good changes. I think they could gain some market share if the could figure out how to advertise effectively.

08-03-14 01:56 PM
    Ah ok you have a non stock keyboard too, the sense keyboard sucks, the Google one you have is good I agree

If the final 10.3 let's us have chosen active frames that stick where I put them even after a reboot then that will be nice. A blank screen would annoy me, I use my phone mostly for productivity and I want as much usable info as possible right there when I wake the phone up.

Argh one complaint with Bb's keyboard, every time I type as it changes it to ad
    08-03-14 02:03 PM
    Ah ok you have a non stock keyboard too, the sense keyboard sucks, the Google one you have is good I agree

If the final 10.3 let's us have chosen active frames that stick where I put them even after a reboot then that will be nice. A blank screen would annoy me, I use my phone mostly for productivity and I want as much usable info as possible right there when I wake the phone up.

Argh one complaint with Bb's keyboard, every time I type as it changes it to ad
    It's a good thing they set up 10.3 to cater to both types of user with respect to the home screen.

We all have our autocorrect problems. I wish I could swipe to delete them on Android. The problem with gestures is I sometimes forget what I'm topping mid swipe and end up doing circles in the keyboard and get some ridiculous word.

08-03-14 02:24 PM
    I'm in IT myself, and I am a network engineer. I have multiple Cisco certs, Nortel, Avaya and even Mitel.
    So I am familiar with the relationship between Hardware bugs vs. OS bugs.

The bugs I'm experiencing SEEM to be OS related from my troubleshooting (batteries, chargers, network signal strength, new SIM ). I've done lots of testing and can not see any issues other than OS memory leaks or random code generating errors.
    Especially given that I have browsed several threads and it seems that I am most certainly not alone on my experience and frustration.

I also want a phone that has guaranteed future support. The Z10 is EOS after only 1.5 years. Typical life cycle is usually at least 3 years.

Posted via CB10
    Just changed 3 Z10's for S4s. S5 was too big in my hand. I agree that BB10 functionally is a great concept. But for reasons covered in your original posts after a year and a half we had to move. Comm is a heavy part of our lives and the 2 bricks as well as sporadic wifi and other assorted issues was enough to push us away for now.

I haven't found android to be bad. I never realized one os could have so many apps although that's not a deal maker for us. Honestly wifi always working solid battery life for me, and an email client that does exactly what I want is like a breath of fresh air.

We usually change hardware every 12-18 months. I hope to read great things about Blackberry during that time and settle in with a new Blackberry.

One thing I miss is the hub. I love that innovation!

Note: not sure why but my typing is almost flawless with the S4. Wasn't with the Z10's.

Posted via CrackBerry App - Samsung Galaxy S4
    08-03-14 04:58 PM
    It's a good thing they set up 10.3 to cater to both types of user with respect to the home screen.

We all have our autocorrect problems. I wish I could swipe to delete them on Android. The problem with gestures is I sometimes forget what I'm topping mid swipe and end up doing circles in the keyboard and get some ridiculous word.

On thr topic of keyboard, With the S4 i seem to be more comfortable with the text selection grab handles. Much more accurate as well.

Posted via CrackBerry App - Samsung Galaxy S4
    08-03-14 05:01 PM
    You chose a crummy manufacturer and blame that experience on the OS. Judging by your criticisms you didn't realize how to get the most out of the OS either so you're also blaming the tool rather than the user.
    08-03-14 07:49 PM
161 ... 4567