What OS version you had been using in your Z10?, because I had a Z10 for almost 1 year (now I upgraded to a Z30) and always had the last OS and never my Z10, and now my z30, had a random reboot or dropped calls.
    Search in what apps you have install, because my father in law Z10 in one occasion had random reboots, and was an app. After a clean OS install (using an autoloader) and loading his data (after a backup of course) but without the apps (he test a lot of apps and them uninstall it), and after reinstall only the apps he really need the phone is working like a charm!
    In my family are 4 Z10 (my wife, my mother, and my mother and father in law) and my Z30, I�m the precursor of this quantity :P, and none had any problem, of course I had all of them always with the last OS version.
    lift and Gykesdollars like this.
    07-28-14 10:51 AM
    Ok, so yesterday I upgraded my smartphone from a Z10 to an S5.

Quite frankly, I was sick and tired of my z10 rebooting 5-6 times a day as well as dropping approx 30-40% of ANY call I was on and a battery that would need to be charged at least 3x a day. Like many BlackBerry users, I use my device for both business and pleasure. But the bugs in BB10 made using this device unbearable. I will not tolerate random phone farts and hiccups in the middle of my day and I also need a phone that doesn't need to be constantly plugged in.

That being said, I got myself a Samsung S5 yesterday. I find Android to be the most cumbersome POS. There doesn't seem to be any flow to the OS. The ergonomics of using and holding a phone that needs a "back button" is very uncomfortable unless you want to always have 2 hands on your device.
    I am however impressed with the battery life. I have been using my phone non stop ALL day (it's now 7pm) and I still have 38% battery life.

I just want to say that I have a major appreciation for the flow and feel of BB10. The Hub is very very convenient and unique. The erganomics of using BB10 is second to none.

I just wanted to say that I wish BlackBerry had a stable and reliable product because when it works, it's amazing. But I can no longer tolerate the glitches and hiccups that are predictability unpredictable.

Android is a very immature OS and feels like a toy with absolutely no flow or consistency. Having multiple emails accounts on Android is a joke and I may ad well have multiple devices each with a different account.
    However, at least my Android hasn't rebooted since I got it, which my Z10 has already done 3 times and dropped 2 calls.

I wish BlackBerry was stable and reliable. But in my experience, it has been nothing short of unpredictable. BlackBerry has features and a mature feeling flow and design. But I can't run my business on unreliable.
    The only analogy I can use is that BlackBerry is like the smartest kid in school, but has a drug problem. You know they are smart and have amazing potential, but you can't trust them until they kick the drugs (bugs).

It's a trade off for me... Android seems to be a childrens OS without any real design considerations for flow, consistency and functionality.
    BlackBerry has all of that, but is riddled with bugs and flaws and is therefore unreliable.

Part of me wants to return the S5 for a Z30, but I'm jaded and not sure I can trust BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Good luck with that. Samsung makes a nice phone. Of course my wife's S4 is a pain at times when she is trying to figure out how to turn n something like NFC and get it to receive a file from me. She will turn it on, it won't receive the file , then she has to fiddle with it some more. It is seriously convoluted. Mine? I turn on NFC and it works. The same thing has happened to me with friends who have Androids, the most recent was a woman with a Samsung Galaxy Note.

For me, the Z10 is reliable and has better battery life than my wife's S4. I get no reboots, everything works, and is reliable for my use, I travel worldwide and it works great. No bugs, no flaws. Usually when I read about issues with the Z10, it comes down to something the user did or didn't do, or a bad unit they should have had replaced. I cannot believe that I am just a super lucky man who has no problems with his phone.

BTW, there is a thread for posts regarding leaving Blackberry.
    lift likes this.
    07-28-14 11:09 AM
    OP, I think you may want to give the Z30 a try, but before that I would try to install the apk of those business apps you need on your Z10 to see if the Android Runtime will run them. It looks like you need to ensure that certain apps will work, othewise, no matter how good the Z30 is (and it is, just saying), if it won't do what you need it to do, then you won't be happy. I agree with you that if BB is pushing itself as a business phone, it better get the latest business apps into the ecosystem.
    07-28-14 11:10 AM
    OP, whatever works for you. I've utilized BlackBerries for 10 years now. I've also switched back from an iPhone and a SGlll......and using a Z10 and a Q10. I use my Z10 most of the day. I've also installed OS 10.3.0.700 on both devices and my Z10 is also a 3. With the exception of the battery life, all is well- with random reboots. Anyway, good luck.
    07-28-14 02:47 PM
    Ok, so yesterday I upgraded my smartphone from a Z10 to an S5.

Quite frankly, I was sick and tired of my z10 rebooting 5-6 times a day as well as dropping approx 30-40% of ANY call I was on and a battery that would need to be charged at least 3x a day. Like many BlackBerry users, I use my device for both business and pleasure. But the bugs in BB10 made using this device unbearable. I will not tolerate random phone farts and hiccups in the middle of my day and I also need a phone that doesn't need to be constantly plugged in.

That being said, I got myself a Samsung S5 yesterday. I find Android to be the most cumbersome POS. There doesn't seem to be any flow to the OS. The ergonomics of using and holding a phone that needs a "back button" is very uncomfortable unless you want to always have 2 hands on your device.
    I am however impressed with the battery life. I have been using my phone non stop ALL day (it's now 7pm) and I still have 38% battery life.

I just want to say that I have a major appreciation for the flow and feel of BB10. The Hub is very very convenient and unique. The erganomics of using BB10 is second to none.

I just wanted to say that I wish BlackBerry had a stable and reliable product because when it works, it's amazing. But I can no longer tolerate the glitches and hiccups that are predictability unpredictable.

Android is a very immature OS and feels like a toy with absolutely no flow or consistency. Having multiple emails accounts on Android is a joke and I may ad well have multiple devices each with a different account.
    However, at least my Android hasn't rebooted since I got it, which my Z10 has already done 3 times and dropped 2 calls.

I wish BlackBerry was stable and reliable. But in my experience, it has been nothing short of unpredictable. BlackBerry has features and a mature feeling flow and design. But I can't run my business on unreliable.
    The only analogy I can use is that BlackBerry is like the smartest kid in school, but has a drug problem. You know they are smart and have amazing potential, but you can't trust them until they kick the drugs (bugs).

It's a trade off for me... Android seems to be a childrens OS without any real design considerations for flow, consistency and functionality.
    BlackBerry has all of that, but is riddled with bugs and flaws and is therefore unreliable.

Part of me wants to return the S5 for a Z30, but I'm jaded and not sure I can trust BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    It's not fair to compare a defective phone against any other phone, BlackBerry or android.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-28-14 02:53 PM
    I tried an S4 for a few days, but coming from a z10 and 9930 I couldn't deal with the lack of a combined message center (hub if you will). That with the fact that I couldn't get air watch to work (the only reason for switching) I said screw it and went back to my z10. The flow of bb10 and the keyboard make android look like crap, literally the biggest downfall bb10 has is the app gap. I don't miss anything from android, I don't mind the os on a tablet(hp touch pad with 4.3 loaded) , but phones suck. Luckily I was with in the return period and got to go back to my z10.

I now have the z30, it is a far superior device than the z10, battery is awesome

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3175
    lift and CerveloJohn like this.
    07-28-14 03:00 PM
    You got a lemon if you have a Z10 on the latest RELEASE 10.2.1 and it is doing what you said in the first paragraph. I can see this on a beta build.
    07-28-14 03:01 PM
    Sideloading = bad!!!

But...

Has anyone tried these softphone apps loaded onto BB10? I know, I know, "it's not native... waaah! where's my baby bottle?"

Pro Android apps that don't require Google Services should work just peachy on BB10... yeah? Face it. BB10 apps are not going to be what sells people on it. BB10 OS WITH Android 4.4 compatible apps is the only future. Hopefully in 10.3 or 10.3.1 we see an official integration with Amazon App Store, and hopefully all these apps we're talking about missing are on there.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    07-28-14 03:10 PM
    Ohhh, the other issue I want to point out that is CRITICAL for me as an independent IT consultant, is the lack of app dev from major OEMs like Cisco, Avaya and Broadsoft.
    My clients want to demo many softphone features and functionality along with mobile apps and there are virtually no business grade apps for voice and collaboration. The ONLY app available is WebEx.
    This is a major problem for me for future app support that I don't see being rectified anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried out SNAP? I have tons of android applications running fluidly on my Z30 for our softphone and other business related apps. In 10.3 Android apps will run the same if not better than your S5 with the updated runtime so if you just gave it a few more months then it'd pay off. I switched from my Z10 to my Z30 and now I can't get myself to go back to a Z10 no matter what I do. Unless of course the Z10 is running 10.3 (because it's definitely manageable if that's the case - still would miss the Z30's amazing battery life though). 10.3 on the Z10 is actually quicker than my Z30, but now imagine the Z30 getting 10.3 and then :O
    07-28-14 03:32 PM
    I got my Z10 on launch day in Toronto and I have to admit that it was anything but reliable but I never had battery or hang up issues, though. While I cursed and got frustrated with my Z10 I also appreciated that I had a lemon, no one else I knew was having the same kind of issues I was and very few people posting here were complaining of the same issues too. My son's Z10 was pretty much flawless, so were the 37 that we launched into our fleet. I did, finally, get the issues sorted out and the phone ran as it should have for about 3 months before I replaced it with my Z30 which has been perfect since.

While I appreciate your concerns I'm wondering what steps you took to fix the issues you had and why it was never declared a lemon, as mine was, and had it replaced. I haven't read the whole thread through yet so maybe this is a redundant question.
    07-28-14 03:33 PM
    I had a z10 from launch day and even though it was my first full screen device, it was a great phone. I did have a severely annoying quirk in which my contact list would disappear or freeze up for several seconds. BB had me with a level II engineer and they said they are addressing it in future OS's. The worst downside to the Z10 is as everyone else has stated...battery life. With that said, I handed the Z10 to my wife, who had a Q10 prior and I got a Z30. Battery life is a non-issue on the Z30 and the OS is smooth. Funny how I still have this contact list quirk with the Z30 and I have never seen anyone on these forums complain about it. Even BB said they have had no complaints about this, but its something that happens multiple times a day to me.

Z30 is a great phone.
    07-28-14 04:03 PM
    Op, my phone is 3 weeks up now from a single reboot or 0% battery (dead). Sometimes, almost a month...

but of course I usually charge it when battery gets low before it dies. I do it when I get home from work.
    I haven't had ANY random reboots since I got the phone.

Left home to work with 95% something battery and usually gets back at home with 50-70% battery from 10 hours of work including the travel. Sometimes lower depending on how I used the phone.

I'm not making myth story. I'm pretty sure there are some users around here in cb who has the same goodness of z10.

I guess you just want something new other than BlackBerry. Hehe

That s5 is not bad though.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 04:28 PM
    My device has never rebooted itself since I got it. (8 months)

Not a single call drop with 2 different carriers. (8 months)

Posted via CB10
    pardon me good sir, but what does this have to do with the post you've responded to at all? I'm failing to see him asking if others have experienced the same issues. I take it he isn't asking that because he's already aware there are hundreds of threads discussing these issues. I can only assume your comment is meant to make him feel as though he must be doing something wrong with his device. You're quite lucky to have one of the few z10 devices that has never dropped a call or rebooted, however I don't think that report is exactly fitting for this thread.
    kbill1984 likes this.
    07-28-14 05:07 PM
    From personal experience, that 200MHz actually makes a noticeable difference very often.

That said, other differences include:
    • 38% larger screen but only 18% larger overall surface area
    • Quad-core GPU
    • Amazing reception improvement from Paratek antenna assembly
    • 60% larger battery capacity
    • Amoled + Dark Theme realize additional power savings
    • Louder & clearer Natural Sound speakers
    • USB OTG
    • Miracast & Wi-Fi Direct
    • FM radio

Frankly I think the Z30 should have had even greater strides ahead IMO, but still there are numerous improvements over Z10.
    It's also not just a 200mhz bump in speed. The processor is actually not the same as in the z10 even though they're both branded as Snapdragon S4. Its actually, along with the MotoX processor, related to the Snapdragon 600 line, minus two of the cores. So, you get faster CPU with newer architecture with the z30

OP should invest in a z30 for sure. It'd take care of pretty much all the issues the z10 exhibited
    lift and Elite1 like this.
    07-28-14 05:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 will get rid of the gripes you had with the Z10.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-28-14 06:26 PM
    The reboots are most likely due to you getting a lemon, as many others have said. I had the same problem with my first BlackBerry, a Tour 9630.

If you choose to stock with the S5 you may want to head to the xda-developer forums and find a stock Android ROM to replace Touchwiz. It will be much more consistent and functional, though I still think the flow of BB10 is much better.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    07-28-14 06:47 PM
    Me even my device just almost forgotten one z10 stl-100-1.
    From last time I bought it, (when the z10 sell in Indonesia) until now. Very very fine. Never need to restart memory always fine. I like to install everything in my device browsing, games. Baterai performance only 1 a day to charge.
    Always try leak and beta OS but always back to official again. Because I just want to see what next OS BlackBerry like to be.
    For summary my device never restart.
    Now almost 3 months never restart because no full leak in the forum.
    I ever use IOS, Android, windows mobile, windows 8 mobile, BlackBerry OS 5 BlackBerry 900 before every one move to that OS.
    And BlackBerry has good hardware to upgrade and stable os (for BlackBerry 10).
    But if you want beautiful screen Android is number one with their launcher.
    I miss the launcher and hope BlackBerry has launcher options to make the device more life and we can make to be this is my personality.

Ha ha ha just tough long live BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    dazzleaj likes this.
    07-28-14 06:54 PM
    Have you tried out SNAP? I have tons of android applications running fluidly on my Z30 for our softphone and other business related apps. In 10.3 Android apps will run the same if not better than your S5 with the updated runtime so if you just gave it a few more months then it'd pay off. I switched from my Z10 to my Z30 and now I can't get myself to go back to a Z10 no matter what I do. Unless of course the Z10 is running 10.3 (because it's definitely manageable if that's the case - still would miss the Z30's amazing battery life though). 10.3 on the Z10 is actually quicker than my Z30, but now imagine the Z30 getting 10.3 and then :O
    I installed a leaked 10.3 on my Z10 today and it's definitely very nice. Android apps seem to be running better than they did in 10.1 (I barely had any time with 10.2). That being said, the Android runtime in 10.3 does not run apps as well as my HTC One and I wouldn't expect it to. I'm happy with what it does but a flagship Android phone is going to run Android apps better than a BB10 phone running 10.3.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    07-28-14 06:55 PM
    sounds more to me like you got a dud.... had my z10 since jan... never had a problem...it locked up on my 2 times... but no bid deal... my iphone 4s used to lock up all the time.. and my battery would last about 3 hours so the z was a huge improvement..

i agree with alot of what you say about the android ,, i had an android dev for about 2 weeks and happily took it back... i couldn't stand it.. if feels so cumbersome... and talk about random reboots..

sounds like you need a z30 but of it does't have the apps... well
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-28-14 07:00 PM
    sounds more to me like you got a dud.... had my z10 since jan... never had a problem...it locked up on my 2 times... but no bid deal... my iphone 4s used to lock up all the time.. and my battery would last about 3 hours so the z was a huge improvement..

i agree with alot of what you say about the android ,, i had an android dev for about 2 weeks and happily took it back... i couldn't stand it.. if feels so cumbersome... and talk about random reboots..

sounds like you need a z30 but of it does't have the apps... well
    a dud eh?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=crac...975&gws_rd=ssl
    dazzleaj likes this.
    07-28-14 07:22 PM
    There were problems with the VERY early releases of BB10 OS. Those have long been fixed. If you are still having those problems it is now more likely that you have a bad phone hardware wise.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-28-14 07:37 PM
    There were problems with the VERY early releases of BB10 OS. Those have long been fixed. If you are still having those problems it is now more likely that you have a bad phone hardware wise.
    correct, and there are still dozens and dozens, if not hundreds of people still reporting these issues. It's obvious now, to me at least, as I've disassembled mine and reapplied thermal paste, after multiple battery replacements and unit replacements that there was / is a major manufacturing defect with the z10 line. I'm not the only one that's concluded this. They get too hot, they warp the battery and they start rebooting.
    dazzleaj and klfox26 like this.
    07-28-14 07:42 PM
    correct, and there are still dozens and dozens, if not hundreds of people still reporting these issues. It's obvious now, to me at least, as I've disassembled mine and reapplied thermal paste, after multiple battery replacements and unit replacements that there was / is a major manufacturing defect with the z10 line. I'm not the only one that's concluded this. They get too hot, they warp the battery and they start rebooting.
    It's probably app related, my z30 reboots on its own every now and then. Not sure if it's android runtime panicking or a native app. Either way it's about the same as my wife's iPhone 5s or my brothers s4, I think he has more reboots and battery issues than me. Both my wife and brother have to change their phones all day I rarely have to plug in during my 16 hour days. The z10 was on par with the 5s and s4 imo battery wise.

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3253
    07-28-14 07:59 PM
    Not everyone is running the most current OS build. AT&T didn't push 10.2 to me until April or May.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-28-14 08:39 PM
    Sideloading = bad!!!

But...

Has anyone tried these softphone apps loaded onto BB10? I know, I know, "it's not native... waaah! where's my baby bottle?"

Pro Android apps that don't require Google Services should work just peachy on BB10... yeah? Face it. BB10 apps are not going to be what sells people on it. BB10 OS WITH Android 4.4 compatible apps is the only future. Hopefully in 10.3 or 10.3.1 we see an official integration with Amazon App Store, and hopefully all these apps we're talking about missing are on there.
    I have a number of apps sideloaded and have no issues, they all work very well, as does my phone. I sideloaded Kik, and old version of Skype and Line. They all work well.
    kevets likes this.
    07-28-14 09:36 PM
161 ... 23456 ...