Try the Z30 battery life and call reception was noticeably better over the z10

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    07-26-14 08:29 PM
    FWIW, I still find myself swiping up on my Nex5 and S4. I am not one of those this os is better than that os, or my epeen is bigger than your epeen. I use the device that meets my needs at the moment.

Just sayin........
    Elite1, Blacklatino and kbill1984 like this.
    07-26-14 08:33 PM
    I'm always surprised to hear complaints about BB10. Mine has been pretty much flawless. Battery life is great. Originally it booted slow, but it was fixed. I started with the Z10, now I'm on the Z30, will be upgrading to the passport. Mine only complaint has been the Z30's screen is a bit dark.

BB Proud
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-26-14 08:36 PM
    Pick up a Z30 and call it a day. Incredible battery life, crystal clear reception via Paratek dual antennas, awesome sound as per dual speakers and a little extra kick due to the overclocked 1.7ghz processor vs Z10 (1.5ghz) personally I have had ZERO issues with this device -- Z30
    07-26-14 08:36 PM
    End of Sale. Not End of Support. My bad for not clarifying. But End of Sale also means end of support for certain areas of a device that is no longer being manufacturered

Posted via CB10
    Ah, gotcha. At least we still get software updates for the time being. Your statement actually reminds me of the Verizon 9550 and its EOL after only 9 months - good example of "it could be worse".

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 08:39 PM
    Comparing Z10 with S5? Compare Z30 with S5 and then start he new thread titled "awesome Z30"

Posted via CB10
    Was gonna say the same.

BB Proud
    07-26-14 08:40 PM
    I am really enjoying some of the unbiased comments about my issue with BB10.

But, I'm still experiencing a 'once bitten, twice shy' attitude.

The lack of certain OEM app dev for my line of business is also worry some.

I don't want Candy Cane Crush and other BS apps. I want business apps for Cisco Softphones or Avaya or other OEM support. Today, a year and a half later, only WebEx is available. Thats a major issue for me and about 85% of my clients

BlackBerry markets themselves as a business device for professional users. When many companies today are looking to consolidate services like voice into the cloud via services like Hosted PBX, it's ironic that there are no OEM manufacturers that support BB10 for cloud services, unless it's for basic functionality like 'OneDrive' or 'DropBox'.

This has to be rectified or even business' will drop BB, just like the American DOD.
    Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 08:43 PM
    Was gonna say the same.

BB Proud
    The Z30 only boasts a larger screen and a processor that is only 200Mhz faster. Not exactly a major upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 08:50 PM
    Just to add some humor to the thread... I'm still using my Z10 for CB10.

I much prefer the keyboard and typing on BB10.

That being said, my phone has already rebooted twice since I started this thread a couple hours ago.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 08:54 PM
    I am really enjoying some of the unbiased comments about my issue with BB10.

But, I'm still experiencing a 'once bitten, twice shy' attitude.

The lack of certain OEM app dev for my line of business is also worry some.

I don't want Candy Cane Crush and other BS apps. I want business apps for Cisco Softphones or Avaya or other OEM support. Today, a year and a half later, only WebEx is available. Thats a major issue for me and about 85% of my clients

BlackBerry markets themselves as a business device for professional users. When many companies today are looking to consolidate services like voice into the cloud via services like Hosted PBX, it's ironic that there are no OEM manufacturers that support BB10 for cloud services, unless it's for basic functionality like 'OneDrive' or 'DropBox'.

This has to be rectified or even business' will drop BB, just like the American DOD.
    Posted via CB10
    You have to do what you have to do, but remember the 10.3 update is not far off, and BB10 is evolving at a reasonable fast and considerable paste. The Z30 is a beast of a phone. Maybe you can hold while giving the Z30 an opportunity until the end of the year? Maybe a nice surprise is waiting for you up ahead on BB10. I'm enjoying your take on things. I'm sure BlackBerry will continue to challenge the limits of their enterprise service. As you were saying they have too. I can't think of a better company to put this facet of the business enterprise sector together well, perhaps perfectly in/with time.
    07-26-14 09:00 PM
    I have had z10 q10 and now a z30, Samsung s4 and a lumia 520 have not experienced any issues for at least 8 or 12 months. I must say that my z30 battery life is way better than my s4. I can go at least 2 days without charging and I'll be listening to music on my way to work, back and in the gym.

If you feel your device is faulty get it replaced with your vendor.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-26-14 09:03 PM
    I'm sure that BB has many great improvements and stability improvements with 10.3.

but what about support from other app devs? I see nothing from any major OEM that leads me to believe that they are going to support bb10 in the future. I meet with cisco and avaya engineers on a biweekly basis and none of them are supporting bb10 going forward.

windows OS is getting more attention from critical app devs than BB is.

BB needs to stop relying on Android ports. it's making BB irrelevant in the mobile market.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    07-26-14 09:08 PM
    can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to contact BB to get a replacement for my z10?

IMO, it's not my reponsibility to foot the bill for a new Z10 or an upgrade to a Z30. my z10 is no longer covered under manufacturer warranty.

I think I would stay with BB if they were willing to mitigate my issues with a new device or a free upgrade. especially given the nature of my business whereby I influence my SMB clients to their mobile needs.

BB10 is a phenomenal OS when it works. but my experience is that it is unstable at best and I need BB to back their product and rectify the issue's I've experienced.

07-26-14 09:21 PM
    I'm sure that BB has many great improvements and stability improvements with 10.3.

but what about support from other app devs? I see nothing from any major OEM that leads me to believe that they are going to support bb10 in the future. I meet with cisco and avaya engineers on a biweekly basis and none of them are supporting bb10 going forward.

windows OS is getting more attention from critical app devs than BB is.

BB needs to stop relying on Android ports. it's making BB irrelevant in the mobile market.

I find it strange that cisco and avaya engineers would not be supporting BB10 going forward, but to be honest I know next to nothing about them. BB has to find a way to make themselves more relevant in that sector it would seem. It would be unfortunate for BB to loose you as a customer, as you obviously appreciate some of what BB is offering. I see moving forward BB needs to make good people such as yourself comfortable and more productive with their products. I like what BB has done so far. Only time will tell how far they can take this BB10 start up. I like their chances. Hopefully they will win more often than they loose. Unfortunately, you can't win them all.
    07-26-14 09:32 PM
    I do feel sorry for those having reboot issues, I have moved from my stl2 z10 to a sqn3 q10, and not one reboot on later OS (had 1 during 10.1 branch).

Good luck with what ever you decide to go with OP.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    07-26-14 09:42 PM
    ...seems you have just been unlucky...I still have my Bell Z10 (now with Rogers on a Z30) and I fire it up from time to time when there are updates etc...but I bought that one back at launch...and it gave me zero problems..only was re booted when I was told to as a part if a software update...work gave me a Q10 shortly after they came out...again zero issues except I get dirt on the battery contacts from time to time (I am a millwright and I take my phones on the job case free)...they both (either the Z10 and Q10, or Z30 and Q10) get to operate in hot, greasy dusty and damp conditions and just keep taking the abuse...I have been using BlackBerry's in my field since I started carrying a phone with my Storm...not one has ever caused me problems...either I'm exceptionally lucky, or you're just unlucky as I have been betting the hell out of five BlackBerry's to you two...with much less abuse...you can buy my Bell Z10, I have already put it through its paces to break it in so to speak...lol. still looks great too.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 09:53 PM
    I find it strange that cisco and avaya engineers would not be supporting BB10 going forward, but to be honest I know next to nothing about them. BB has to find a way to make themselves more relevant in that sector it would seem. It would be unfortunate for BB to loose you as a customer, as you obviously appreciate some of what BB is offering. I see moving forward BB needs to make good people such as yourself comfortable and more productive with their products. I like what BB has done so far. Only time will tell how far they can take this BB10 start up. I like their chances. Hopefully they will win more often than they loose. Unfortunately, you can't win them all.
    IMO, the lack of native app support is going to be devistating for BB.
    I'm biased towards BB because I'm Canadian and I worked for another Canadian IT juggernaut years ago with nortel.
    I desperately want BB to succeed. but I find their lack of leadership, innovation and 3rd party support to be appalling.

I'm not a 'fanboy' who will offer blind support to an inferior product.

BB has a superior product as far as native functionality and productivity. BUT... they have major issues with regards to consistency in their products. it seems to be a 50/50 split for users whom experience zero issues and other users like myself who are riddled with problems.

John Chen is a useless drone who is just as out of touch with the market as Thorsten was.

BB needs a CEO like the independent CB user that creates his own YouTube marketing campaigns. I don't recall his name. he is Canadian but of Asian decent. he makes these amazing YouTube videos promoting BB.
    he is a visionary and needs to be the voice of BB.

Blomsternisse likes this.
    07-26-14 09:56 PM
    Just to add some humor to the thread... I'm still using my Z10 for CB10.

I much prefer the keyboard and typing on BB10.

That being said, my phone has already rebooted twice since I started this thread a couple hours ago.

Posted via CB10
    Once again, and I'm not trying to be argumentative either, but your phone is a lemon. You should have or should trade it in for a replacement. If it's too late then I'd say you waited too long. What phones remain on sale for carriers for three years by the way? I've never seen one not get EOS after one to two years.

Posted via CB10
    21stNow likes this.
    07-26-14 10:16 PM
    Ok, so yesterday I upgraded my smartphone from a Z10 to an S5.

Quite frankly, I was sick and tired of my z10 rebooting 5-6 times a day as well as dropping approx 30-40% of ANY call I was on and a battery that would need to be charged at least 3x a day. Like many BlackBerry users, I use my device for both business and pleasure. But the bugs in BB10 made using this device unbearable. I will not tolerate random phone farts and hiccups in the middle of my day and I also need a phone that doesn't need to be constantly plugged in.

That being said, I got myself a Samsung S5 yesterday. I find Android to be the most cumbersome POS. There doesn't seem to be any flow to the OS. The ergonomics of using and holding a phone that needs a "back button" is very uncomfortable unless you want to always have 2 hands on your device.
    I am however impressed with the battery life. I have been using my phone non stop ALL day (it's now 7pm) and I still have 38% battery life.

I just want to say that I have a major appreciation for the flow and feel of BB10. The Hub is very very convenient and unique. The erganomics of using BB10 is second to none.

I just wanted to say that I wish BlackBerry had a stable and reliable product because when it works, it's amazing. But I can no longer tolerate the glitches and hiccups that are predictability unpredictable.

Android is a very immature OS and feels like a toy with absolutely no flow or consistency. Having multiple emails accounts on Android is a joke and I may ad well have multiple devices each with a different account.
    However, at least my Android hasn't rebooted since I got it, which my Z10 has already done 3 times and dropped 2 calls.

I wish BlackBerry was stable and reliable. But in my experience, it has been nothing short of unpredictable. BlackBerry has features and a mature feeling flow and design. But I can't run my business on unreliable.
    The only analogy I can use is that BlackBerry is like the smartest kid in school, but has a drug problem. You know they are smart and have amazing potential, but you can't trust them until they kick the drugs (bugs).

It's a trade off for me... Android seems to be a childrens OS without any real design considerations for flow, consistency and functionality.
    BlackBerry has all of that, but is riddled with bugs and flaws and is therefore unreliable.

Part of me wants to return the S5 for a Z30, but I'm jaded and not sure I can trust BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    You made a conscious decision to get an S5.

Touchwiz is Samsungs signature Android product and surely not representative of Android as a whole. You had many options, M8, G3, MotoX, the list goes on.

thread title is flame bait. But whatever
    07-26-14 10:38 PM
    can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to contact BB to get a replacement for my z10?

IMO, it's not my reponsibility to foot the bill for a new Z10 or an upgrade to a Z30. my z10 is no longer covered under manufacturer warranty.

I think I would stay with BB if they were willing to mitigate my issues with a new device or a free upgrade. especially given the nature of my business whereby I influence my SMB clients to their mobile needs.

BB10 is a phenomenal OS when it works. but my experience is that it is unstable at best and I need BB to back their product and rectify the issue's I've experienced.

Look, nobody goes into a Toyota service center and says "Oh look at all the Toyotas getting fixed they must be crappy cars." They're great cars and, believe it or not, there are some people out there with issues. Not everybody has the problems you do. Some do, but not everybody. The same can be said for a lot of products out there. If you go looking for people with the same problems you can't then safely say everybody has this problem. I have a Z10 that has been solid. It was so beat to hell when I bought it too. I replaced the whole body and screen myself after 4 months just for esthetics. It has been a great phone. I can agree it has a weak battery which is well known. I get 14 hours out of it on light use days.

Now regarding this post above. I don't think you are entitled to get your Z10 replaced out of warranty. Why? Because how long has this been going on and you didn't think to just replace it under warranty and see if it was just the hardware? Who told you that each new OS would cure your rebooting? I only remember that being said by BlackBerry from 10.0.9 a year ago. Your phone is defective and always has been. You ruined your own experience with BB10 and never allowed BlackBerry to rectify it. Ask anyway. You never know if you don't ask.

I agreed with some of what you said before but I'm in disagreement with that sense of entitlement and that you are having an OS issue. Enjoy your S5 and I hope nothing fizzles out on it prematurely.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 10:47 PM
    I have never had a reboot problem with my Z10. Not one. But I do find the BB10 OS to be buggy, especially with the Contacts app. It has a strange way of syncing the contacts with my outlook.com account, and every couple of days the search function in the Contacts goes wonky and I have to restart the device to fix it. I miss the categories fields that we had in the legacy OS. The battery life sucks, but I'm used to using a two-battery system.
    07-26-14 11:51 PM
    I don't blame you, if you had that kind of reboot problems, that's really awful. But that's not BlackBerry or BB10s fault. I feel that you gave up too easy. Not sure what 10.2 version you ran (I don't remember which numbers matched which specific OS) but I remember there was about a 2 month stint where if I texted too much, all SMS messaging froze and I needed a reboot. Since 10.2.1 that's been fixed for me, thank god.

Also, the Z10 never really was the BlackBerry to do judgement against. It simply does not hold up with the rest of todays phones. It was acceptable at launch, (although 10.0 left something to be desired), but not great, part of the reason of its failure. If the Z30, on the other hand, does not please you, than BB10 probably isn't for you. Not to mention the next wave of devices coming in the next few months.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a sub-par experience with your Z10. I think you were unlucky as much as anything. I am glad though to hear that you still appreciate BB10 and hope that you will someday make your return
    07-26-14 11:56 PM
    Just wanted to say I migrated from Z10 to Z30 and I have not been disappointed. Z30 is a terrific phone, fantastic reception, battery life and quality.

I only with it was 40g lighter, but looking at Xperia Z2 and other new 5'' phones it now seems to the norm.

07-27-14 12:26 AM
    I don't know how to make heads or tales of the issues I've experienced. It's like a ghost.

My next door neighbor has the STL100-3 running the same version of OS on Rogers and he has the same issue. Random reboots and increasing calls dropped.
    We both think it's weird that issues always seem to be either fixed or amplified with new OS releases (10.1 fixed reboots and 10.2.1 seems to bring them back)

Posted via CB10
    Hmm no its not 10.2.1 bringing them back. For your case it seems like it's a hardware defect. Possibly the battery connectors and the battery is slipping off them.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-27-14 12:29 AM
    I'm just playing devils advocate here but... there seems to have been A LOT of lemons out there given the threads I've read.
    Agreed. I had the random re-boot issue with my Z10, and searches on "Z10 random restarts" revealed I wasn't alone. AT&T told me a lot of people were bringing back their -10s, and told me if I exchanged mine, I might get a refurbished device back. As an aside, I strongly suspect (from on-line reading) most people were bringing back their phones because the OS wasn't what they expected, and they didn't want to invest the time to learn it. In any event, since my own -10 seemed to have a reboot half-life of a couple of days, I solved the problem by imposing my own restart every night before bed. I never had a dropped call problem.

The Z30 I bought from ShopBlackBerry has been flawless.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    07-27-14 12:40 AM
161 1234 ...