09-13-13 11:01 AM
32 12
tools
    I have an annoying problem with my Q10. I can't seem to switch my phone off, when I press and hold the off button the countdown screen doesn't appear and as a result the phone just restarts. I tried rebooting the device by removing the battery but that hasn't worked. I've already tried to restored my phone, but nothing works...

I'm new member in the blackberry family, any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!!
    08-31-13 11:19 PM
    Hi Samuel,
    First off welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Also, please avoid overdramatic thread titles, in favour of thread titles that actually describe your issue or question.

Try a device reset instead of the Restart that's been happening.
    Hold down the Volume Up & Down keys for about a minute. Ignore the shutter sound as it takes a screenshot. Also ignore the black & white BB splashscreens.
    Keep holding them down until you see the blue startup icon.

After that reboot, let everything else fully start up, like the Hub.
    Try holding down top button again and see if Off option works.
    08-31-13 11:24 PM
    Oh, I'm sorry for my inappropriate behavior..
    My device is a blackberry q10, sqn100-3, bought it in Hong Kong retail. Thanks!!
    08-31-13 11:37 PM
    Thank you elite1 for your kindly input.
    I've followed your instruction, hold down the volume up and down keys for about a minute, and the restart itself. But the problem is still here, the top button cannot wake up the phone from sleep and no countdown screen when pressing the power/top key. ><

Thank you once again!! ><
    08-31-13 11:56 PM
    Have you tried to go to "Settings" and there to "screen" then turn on/off the gestures and on/off the button? I turned on (1) the gestures and off (0) the next option (button), and that works well!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    09-01-13 12:06 AM
    Anis Chabchoub, thank you for your help.

I've tried your instruction, but unfortunately the problem is still here.. I did go to setting->display, then I turn both gestures and power button off, and turned on the gestures and off on the button. But Anis Chabchoub, so you have had the same problem with the countdown screen like I do before? Thanks once again!! ><
    09-01-13 02:57 AM
    Did this ever work for you?

Maybe there's a problem with your device, or some little trick you're missing.
    Might be worth contacting your carrier.

This is how you CB10, son!
    09-01-13 04:07 AM
    Did not have this issue per se, but playing with the options when I bought my Q10 made me lose that count down... I do not know what I modified or fixed, simply went through the options and it came back... I thought it was that thing!

09-01-13 05:30 AM
    No, unfortunately the device is still the same, no countdown... Yea, I might take the device to the carrier, but I'm really looking for a solution here.. Thanks anyway ><
    09-01-13 06:50 AM
    Thank you again.. I hope it was that easy, I really have no idea how did this happened.. :'(
    09-01-13 06:52 AM
    I had the same problem on the newest 10.2.0.1443 leak. Are you using that? I thought my lock button might be broken but it was software related.

I was not able to fix it by any other means other than reverting to the 10.2.0.1323 leak.

I tried toggling those settings mentioned above to no avail. Reboots too did not fix it. Nothing worked but loading OS 10.2.0.1323 for me. I don't know if that would work for you though.

I'm on the T-Mobile-US Q10 version.
    09-01-13 09:50 AM
    Stardomains, thank you so much for your reply. I'm so glad to know that your device is fixed.

I didn't update the device, I guess I've downloaded some apps, the last one was WSJ, and my phone restarted by itself, then the top button just never work properly.

My Model Number is SQN100-3, Software Release is 10.1.0.273. Is there any suggestion for os update?

Once again, Thank you so much for your input, Stardomains.

You guys are awesome. More help/suggestions from blackberry fans/experts will be much appreciated. :')
    09-01-13 10:06 AM
    I'd check your Settings and try Software Update. Maybe that would fix it.

If you are brave and haven't put too much time customizing your phone you could try to load 10.2.0.1323 leak. But you really need to read up on the installation process. You would most likely have to reinstall all your apps and redo all your customizations again. Again, it would be your risk...it might not work and things could go wrong, etc.
    09-01-13 10:55 AM
    It's already the latest update for the official os on the device.

I'll try to download the 10.2.0.1323 leak and install on my device. However, I'm a little bit confuse here, my device is SQN100-3. On the site "BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1323 for STL100-2/3/4 and SQN100-X and SQR100-X" in the download section, I can only see SQN-X, STL100-2/3, STL100-4, SQR100-X, and I assumed I should go for the SQN-X. So is SQN-X the right download for my device (SQN100-3)? Thanks! :')
    09-01-13 11:11 AM
    Yeah, SQN-X.You might not want to restore your data after the OS install (you'll lose your data w/o a restore, but hopefully you don't have too much customization yet). I had problems with a restore from 10.1. to 10.2 but you might try.

Maybe try a Security Wipe before the upgrade too. Again you'll lose your device data.

Also if you encrypt your SD Card remember to turn that off before any of this because otherwise you'll lose all of that saved data on there too.

It's already the latest update for the official os on the device.

I'll try to download the 10.2.0.1323 leak and install on my device. However, I'm a little bit confuse here, my device is SQN100-3. On the site "BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1323 for STL100-2/3/4 and SQN100-X and SQR100-X" in the download section, I can only see SQN-X, STL100-2/3, STL100-4, SQR100-X, and I assumed I should go for the SQN-X. So is SQN-X the right download for my device (SQN100-3)? Thanks! :')
    09-01-13 11:23 AM
    I did not had much customization on the phone yet, so I don't mind if everything is gone. When you said you had problems with the restore from 10.1 to 10.2, can you tell me what was the trouble that you've been faced? Once again, thank you so much for the input.
    09-01-13 11:27 AM
    I did not had much customization on the phone yet, so I don't mind if everything is gone. When you said you had problems with the restore from 10.1 to 10.2, can you tell me what was the trouble that you've been faced? Once again, thank you so much for the input.
    "Restore" is a function from the "BlackBerry Link" desktop application that restores settings, application data, etc from a previous backup. I had a backup made on 10.1 and tried to restore it to the 10.2 leak and I ran into some bugs that way. When I didn't use the restore function of "BlackBerry Link" the bugs did not appear. So, since you haven't customized much I think not restoring is the way to go. And good luck. Hope it works. Let us know.
    Samuel Li likes this.
    09-01-13 11:30 AM
    Stardomains, I really do appreciate your help, and I'll definitely keep you update regarding my device status. Once again, thank you.
    09-01-13 11:35 AM
    I've tried to install 10.2.0.1323 leak, but the problem was still there. However, After I've installed the 10.2.0.1443 leak and played with the settings a little, the top button came back to life! Thank you so much guys!!!

Stardomains, thank you so much for your advice! Awesome!
    09-01-13 07:18 PM
    No problem.

I'm curious. Which settings changes made it work?
    09-01-13 07:43 PM
    Glad to know your problem solved!

09-01-13 10:27 PM
    No problem.

I'm curious. Which settings changes made it work?
    I just go to setting, display, then I disabled both gesture and top key, I enable both of them again. I wait for the screen to sleep by itself, then I tap the top key and wala. The top key works again, then I go and disable the top key to unlock the screen, and it's still working. However, I'm experiencing some problem with the new os.

Firstly, I understand that I'm taking my own risk of doing so and I'm not regretting it. I'm just curious and want to know whether anyone is experiencing the same thing like I do.

•Facebook app unable to login
    •doc-to-go and adobe gone and many other apps gone missing.
    •unable to select my own mp3 as ringtone, the only way is to set individual ringtone.

Is anyone of you experiencing the same problem? Thanks.
    09-01-13 10:43 PM
    Glad to know your problem solved!

Anis, thank you for your idea of changing the display setting.

Are you using dev os too?
    09-01-13 10:46 PM
    Anis, (...)
    Are you using dev os too?
    No, it is the OS my Q10 came with

09-01-13 11:21 PM
    No, it is the OS my Q10 came with

Ic, I think I might stick with the current dev os, and hopefully a new os update will be here soon. :S
    09-02-13 12:42 AM
32 12