Bloomberg
    Engadget
    MoneySense Magazine
    CNET
    Astronomy Magazine
    MarketWatch
    Toronto CityMinute
    TechCrunch

Unacceptable Most of this apps is Canadian content what's up with that.

No science apps
    Very Very Very sad

Games
    Temeple 1 & 2
    All of the Angry Bird
    Subway Surfers
    Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
    Cut the rope
    Whers's my water
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
    Battle Nations
    Brothers In Arms� 2
    Ghostbusters
    Need for Speed
    All Ea Sports
    Wipeout
    Asphalt 7

I would have written additionally down got tired of typing them out

70,000 my *** further like 69,900 android ports all crap 100 nothing new.

What's very sad you told us before the launch that ea sport and game loft were on aborad but where.
    02-11-13 08:51 AM
    Please take a chill pill. Give it some time. They are on board, they were on board on PB. Let them release the stuff. Some of them just need to be updated so Z10 can see it. A good portion of those apps are on PB
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 08:57 AM
    yawn
    imma go eat a banana, this thread sucks
    02-11-13 09:02 AM
    Wow, as a doctor you should have better patients.
    02-11-13 09:05 AM
    If you use a lot of apps don't buy a BB 10 or WP8, go iPhone or Android. Smaller players will always have less apps and inferior quality.
    02-11-13 09:05 AM
    'My Patient'?

Giggle.

Oh the humanity! The injustice of it all! How therefore shall we continue to survive with our meagre supply of apps? I weaken by the hour! Somebody helpppppppp.......Alex? Anyone?

The app story has been covered in dozens of posts. Don't like it and can't wait? Return the phone and go away.

The repitition of these princesses' complaining is nauseating.
    ilikebacon and nocturnal123 like this.
    02-11-13 09:08 AM
    Huh. Who knew the secret to weight loss was the BlackBerry Z10. Thanks Doc!
    grevan88 and sk8er_tor like this.
    02-11-13 09:12 AM
    So.. OP expctation is that evey app that is avaialble that the "OP" wants should be available at launch of a brand new Platform..... Guess the OP would have never bought a smartphone from anyone... Iphone when first came out... no apps... Android 6,000 WP8 12,000 ( depending on source),,,, never ceases to amaze me of how people never look at the real world and how it works and only care what "they" want....
    02-11-13 09:13 AM
    I understand where the OP is coming from.........I've been waiting over a year for Blackberry to get it right.......not waiting any longer.
    02-11-13 09:14 AM
    Unacceptable Most of this apps is Canadian content what's up with that.
    Let's see ... a Canadian company being supported right off the bat by Canadian companies? Some mystery there genius. Meanwhile all the American companies are saying things like "we will make an app once the platform is successful" and related crud.

BlackBerry has done more to woo BB10 developers than any other platform IMHO and it is working. More and more apps are coming. I suspect a lot of the big American companies will be releasing apps in time for the USA release of the Z10.

Android ports are filling out the store so other short minded developers can "see" success and we have some transitional content. On my PlayBook the Android version of the Kobo reading app worked better than the native Kobo app so I am not worried about the Android content on BlackBerry World cause some of it might be better.

I read somewhere (I think it was CPU magazine) that over 400,000 apps on the Apple Store have never been downloaded more than a few times (probably by the developer and his friends) so the number of Apps in a store doesn't impress me, Apple, Google or BlackBerry. Can I get the stuff done I want to do? So far, yes. So I am happy. Am I upset that I have to watch Netflix on my 55" TV rather than my phone? Not really. Do I miss a few Android apps? Sure, Waze is really cool and I can't sideload it.

But do I blame BlackBerry? Not in the least.

If you want 100% bullet proof access to the latest and greatest trendy apps go Apple and be happy. It's hard to fight the Apple juggernaut right now. iMore would be very please to have you frequent their forums.
    02-11-13 09:16 AM
    I understand where the OP is coming from.........I've been waiting over a year for Blackberry to get it right.......not waiting any longer.
    Are you jumpin ship for a bit spence? Or have already?
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 09:18 AM
    Patience is a virtue my friend, relax. We knew from the start that the app selection wouldn't be amazing per se, these thing take time.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 09:30 AM
    I'm giving it untill March release in USA . Back to Iphone
    02-11-13 09:34 AM
    u need to relax.. have u ever bought a smartphone the day after their first ever release?
    iphone 1 - iOS
    the HTC G1 - android

mann if u did you would appreciate what Blackberry has done with BB10...

those platforms were HORRIBLE .. android's market place didn't even exist and when it did come along it was just GARBAGE!! u think app world right now is bad? the fact u have media content, books, and apps and the fact u can sideload apps is more then enough for a brand new platform..

have u taken a look at WP? it just got over 100,000 apps... imagine u went to WP8.. u would be killing yourself.

yes i do understand the times have changed since ios and android first came out.. but still u have to understand u are adopting a new platform.. have u tried Windows 8 on your PC? why are there bugs? why are there issues with certain apps? they have windows 3.1 --> windows 7 to perfect it no? BEEEP wrong..

so how can u expect BB10 to be perfect being a new platform with a crazy amount of apps etc!?

people think BB10 is just an evolution of BBOS.. it definitely IS for sure in most ways.. but not software wise.. it's COMPLETELY different!!

so if ur going to adopt a new platform (yes, BB10 is BRAND NEW) then u have to expect to wait for stuff to come along.. like i said in other posts... devices and software are not put into a MAGIC OVEN and come out PERFECTLY developed with all the bells and whistles and 1000000000 apps for everyone to enjoy! it's impossible!

here was my G1 when it first came out..

02-11-13 09:40 AM
    Are you jumpin ship for a bit spence? Or have already?
    I have already, and......WOW is an understatement.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 09:47 AM
    I love how he rants about not having angry birds, yet the first app you see when you open blackberry world is angry birds star wars FOR FREE.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 09:53 AM
    Iphone when first came out... no apps... Android 6,000 WP8 12,000 ( depending on source),,,, never ceases to amaze me of how people never look at the real world and how it works and only care what "they" want....
    It appears you need a lesson in the "real world." True, when the iPhone was first released there were zero apps. But there was no competition in the smart phone market so zero apps was the starting line. When Android devices were released the starting line for apps in the smart phone market had changed. Android manufacturers realized their phone would be shelved right beside the iPhone so they had to offer a competitive product that included apps the masses wanted. Another dynamic at the time of Android's release is many consumers were purchasing their first smart phone.

BB10 devices are entering a very different smart phone market. For the vast majority of consumers, apps are the reason they have a smart phone. Another difference is a majority of consumers own a smart phone. For BB10 to be successful they are going to have to have a product attractive enough for current Android/iPhone users to switch to. Having a superior OS and solid core of apps will good enough for most of the core BB fans here on CrackBerry. But to the majority of consumers, the ones that BlackBerry must win to succeed, they are going to want the same apps on their new phone that were available to them on their iPhones and Androids.
    torndownunit and tiziano27 like this.
    02-11-13 09:55 AM
    Yes. Let's keep comparing OS's from 2007-2008 when apps were in their infancy, to an OS in 2013 and a company that has been in business now for a decade. Seems rational.
    02-11-13 10:11 AM
    I'm not sure what people think BlackBerry could have done differently with respect to apps for BB10? If they didn't have android runtime, there would be even fewer apps. If it was possible to force companies to make apps it would have been done already. People will either be satisfied with what's been done and/or with what's on the horizon, or they won't be - and if they aren't, perhaps they shouldn't get a BlackBerry and save themselves some grief.
    02-11-13 10:36 AM
    Sorry you so are disappointed! I hope you find the apps that will soothe your tortured soul! Good Luck!
    jakie55 and BergerKing like this.
    02-11-13 10:40 AM
    I'm not sure what people think BlackBerry could have done differently with respect to apps for BB10? If they didn't have android runtime, there would be even fewer apps. If it was possible to force companies to make apps it would have been done already. People will either be satisfied with what's been done and/or with what's on the horizon, or they won't be - and if they aren't, perhaps they shouldn't get a BlackBerry and save themselves some grief.
    That's the real kick in the nuts, Blackberry HAS done everything I think possible to try to get people on board. Alec Saunders has busted his hump and done pretty much anything humanly possible to help address this situation, but the only thing that will help is time. If the Z10 and Q10 (and any other phones to be released this year) prove to be successful, and marketshare begins to creep back, then things will slowly turn around. This will be a long road yet, and for those that require certain apps, they might be best to just take a wait and see approach, as I am. The phone looks good, hardware looks good, but for me, it's still lacking certain things that will keep me using other platforms for now. However, the future looks MUCH brighter than it did 2 years ago.
    02-11-13 10:51 AM
    That's the real kick in the nuts, Blackberry HAS done everything I think possible to try to get people on board. Alec Saunders has busted his hump and done pretty much anything humanly possible to help address this situation, but the only thing that will help is time. If the Z10 and Q10 (and any other phones to be released this year) prove to be successful, and marketshare begins to creep back, then things will slowly turn around. This will be a long road yet, and for those that require certain apps, they might be best to just take a wait and see approach, as I am. The phone looks good, hardware looks good, but for me, it's still lacking certain things that will keep me using other platforms for now. However, the future looks MUCH brighter than it did 2 years ago.
    Frankly, that's an eminently reasonable POV.
    02-11-13 11:08 AM
    The Bottom line......if you don't feel like waiting any longer, buy what makes you HAPPY. Thats EXACTLY what I did.......PERIOD
    02-11-13 11:12 AM
    there is always a tradeoff. iPhone and Android you have the apps but you cannot replace the battery in iPhone and high end androids - except for plasticky samsung phones that look awful. WP8 and BB10 may not have apps but offer something different. If you prefer the BB10 OS, the keyboard, the UI and the hub, get it. Else catch the skinny running patient and show him an iPhone or an Android phone
    02-11-13 11:21 AM
    Title needs to be fixed. "My patience is running thin with you developers who are not willing to develop for BlackBerry."

BlackBerry has done its part. It's now in the developers court to....you know.....develop.
    Eva Cowtan, bluetroll and ubermanx like this.
    02-11-13 11:25 AM
37 12