I did a list of all the features that still work on my Passport.
    - phone: yes
    - texts: yes
    - bbm: yes (but who uses it, especially with today's announcement that you can't switch accounts any longer)
    - whatsapp: yes but not for long -> no
    - GPS: as bad as ever. No.
    - browsing: get worse day by day. The experience is now comparable to using the 9900's browser. No.
    - facebook: nope

Bluetooth works sparadically if at all. Wifi sucks. Blend doesn't work. Neither does BlackBerry link. The file manager doesn't show files from my laptop anymore. Contacts suck and have always sucked.
    The day has come. It's basically just a flip phone with an ok camera.
    The only thing it has on my 9900 now is that it's less laggy and has better battery life. That's literally it.

How can they disregard their customers so much? I bought this freaking phone brand new less than a year ago!!

9800 - 9900 - Playbook - Q10 - Z10 - Passport
    Well, not my experience at all :
    WhatsApp : still working fine, dead line already delayed two times, and even then you can use the Android version
    Skype : just update to the last version 7.x and it will works
    GPS : Google Maps, Waze and Osmand work fine
    Browsing : Browsie Browser is good, if it fails Firefox and Polarity are good also
    Facebook : Face Pro is a good native app, and for messages Messenger Lite works great

Blend still works, no problem with wifi or bluetooth

So, so much more than a flip phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-17 06:12 AM
    Mine works fine for me.
    Email : 4 accounts including one from work
    AirCanada reservations, check-in, flight alerts and upgrading
    Hotels on IHG, HHONOURS and Choice Hotels
    Blackberry Travel
    Weather
    Calendar
    To-do (Remember)
    Onedrive access to all my work files.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    09-03-17 03:56 PM
    Try to use the Skype Lite version, it's better.
    GPS: works
    Wifi: works - try not to stay too far from the router though
    Bluetooth: works - perfectly sync with my corolla
    Hub/Call/TXT: works
    Browser: works alright, I have the cobalt browser and chrome 39 just in case.

For the keyboard and screen quality, I wouldnt trade for any flip phone even though they run Nougat.

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    09-04-17 08:10 AM
    I haven't read everything but saying Facebook messenger works Perfectly as you say. Um no it doesn't yes you can message people on it but that's it send photos yeah but cannot Call people cannot video call people can't send gifs can't do half if not over half of what the new updates can do. I was and still am in love with the BlackBerry 10 OS but let's face it it's dead we know this Ive moved on to the Keyone and as much as I hate Android this phone is pretty awesome.
    09-04-17 12:37 PM
    It basically is a flip phone. Stop telling people it's not. You can barely do anything on it with ease these days. workarounds sure but that's as far as it's going the ship has sailed let it go.
    09-04-17 12:39 PM
    I haven't read everything but saying Facebook messenger works Perfectly as you say. Um no it doesn't yes you can message people on it but that's it send photos yeah but cannot Call people cannot video call people can't send gifs can't do half if not over half of what the new updates can do. I was and still am in love with the BlackBerry 10 OS but let's face it it's dead we know this Ive moved on to the Keyone and as much as I hate Android this phone is pretty awesome.
    Just because facebook messenger works at 50% doesn't make it a flip phone. The long list that the OP posted is completely untrue.

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    09-04-17 02:41 PM
    It basically is a flip phone. Stop telling people it's not. You can barely do anything on it with ease these days. workarounds sure but that's as far as it's going the ship has sailed let it go.
    Nope, it's not a flip phone. Can I edit video files on flip phone? No, I cannot. Can I open powerpoint, excel, word documents on a flipphone? No, I cannot. Can I log on my work computer remotely and work from a flip phone? No, I cannot. Can I connect on a smart TV from a flip phone? No, I cannot. Can I practice python programing on a flip phone? No, I cannot. Can I use a flip phone with Google Chrome Cast? No, I cannot. Can I drive1630 km for the first time on a certain route using GPS from a flip phone? No, I cannot. Can I video call on BBM and share my screen on a flip phone? No, I cannot. Can I use a periodic table with most of the relevant characteristics on a flip phone? No, I cannot. I can do all of these and much more from my awesome Passport SE.
    And let's not talk about a certain situation when somebody tried to post a picture on Facebook from the Facebook app on an Android device when we were on roaming with low reception and it took an eternity to load the picture and without succes. I tried it from my Passport after that and it took 2 seconds to load the image with Face10. The downside was that I didn't know how to tag someone when I was posting a picture with "check in" option, so I did that again from the browser. Again, it was really fast. So that's how the Facebook app is meant to "improve your experience in comparison with a browser". I am not saying Android is a bad OS (although I believe that), that was just something that happened and I was surprised.
    Blackberry Passport is a smartphone. Smartphones are phones with great computing capabilities, not social media player. If you need all those social media apps, I believe you, BB10 is not for you. But saying it's a flip phone it's hypocrisy. And besides that, maybe you can remember there was a time when we could see Facebook notifications, write an Facebook message, see who reacted to your post and many other without opening the Facebook app. And there were no adds. So if the app developer wants to offer you that, they can do it.

That was to much writing... the point is ... it's not a flip phone. Stop telling people it is. If you keep saying it's a flip phone, I will tell people that the flip phones are just some beeping pagers because they don't have a Facebook app.

Posted via CB10
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    09-04-17 04:41 PM
    listen I know where you all are coming from im the biggest BlackBerry 10 fan out there I loved it I made so many people buy into BlackBerry 10 because of everything you listed. I'm just saying face reality it's dead you can list all the features you want and can still do. fact is it will get worse not better.
    09-04-17 10:01 PM
    listen I know where you all are coming from im the biggest BlackBerry 10 fan out there I loved it I made so many people buy into BlackBerry 10 because of everything you listed. I'm just saying face reality it's dead you can list all the features you want and can still do. fact is it will get worse not better.
    Yes, that is true. For example the browser will become obsolete, just like the one on playbook, we will not be able to load some sites. But still... it's not a flip phone. In this moment I am still using it as a daily driver and it's still a smartphone. When the time will come I will probably switch to Iphone, but not yet.

Edit: I didn't wrote what I wrote because I am a fan, it was because from not having some apps to being a flip phone it's a long way.

Posted via CB10
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    09-04-17 10:53 PM
    I didn't wrote what I wrote because I am a fan, it was because from not having some apps to being a flip phone it's a long way.
    Agree. 100%.

It's the perfect phone? No.
    BB10 has any future? No.
    Does that make it a flip phone? No.
    09-05-17 12:16 AM
    This is typical outburst from members here who got a defective or faltering device. Two options for you: have it repair or buy a new one.

@#¿*Berry
    09-05-17 12:31 AM
    Meh. Some flip phones now have even better features than BB10 devices.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/samsun...new-flip-phone
    09-05-17 02:54 AM
    Meh. Some flip phones now have even better features than BB10 devices.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/samsun...new-flip-phone
    It doesn't say anything about the OS. I wonder if it's Tizen.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-17 10:07 AM
    It doesn't say anything about the OS. I wonder if it's Tizen.

Posted via CB10
    Android.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-05-17 06:33 PM
    I fear we are all getting worse after age 25. Let's all hang ourselves. Life in a state of decline is not worth living.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 09:24 PM
    Device Specific end to end messaging. encrypted with a blackberry devices pin.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-17 05:20 AM
    I just realized I can run almost all the dating apps I've carried an extra Android phone for on my Passport without even installing the Play Store.

I'm going to do the PS thing and stop carrying two devices forever. Flip phone? No way.

Posted via CB10
    blackbp likes this.
    09-07-17 12:26 PM
    I need to beg the question: What is exactly a flip phone?

At the end of the day, call it whatever you like. If it fulfills your need, it's your phone. If It gives you all apps and no signal where you live, it's not even a phone.

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    09-07-17 01:04 PM
    I just realized I can run almost all the dating apps I've carried an extra Android phone for on my Passport without even installing the Play Store.

I'm going to do the PS thing and stop carrying two devices forever. Flip phone? No way.

Posted via CB10
    Good for you!
    I need two devices, one strictly for work (9900), and another (Sony Xperia Z3) as my personal phone.
    I don't rely on apps to get a date, though. Just my charm.
    09-07-17 01:05 PM
    Flip phone is an exaggeration. By a lot. (But I'm having trouble with Link that has me fuming.)
    Here's my simple advice if you are having trouble with Link on Windows, and really need to use it:

1) Fully uninstall iTunes and any other 3rd music, image, or video pkayers.

2) Fully uninstall Link.

3) Install Link as a local administrator.

4) Always run Link "as administrator."

Beyond that, I have no advice at all.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-07-17 01:27 PM
    Good for you!
    I need two devices, one strictly for work (9900), and another (Sony Xperia Z3) as my personal phone.
    I don't rely on apps to get a date, though. Just my charm.
    It's a better way to get dates. Online not working for me anymore.

9900? Are you in finance?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-17 07:58 PM
    Here's my simple advice if you are having trouble with Link on Windows, and really need to use it:

1) Fully uninstall iTunes and any other 3rd music, image, or video pkayers.

2) Fully uninstall Link.

3) Install Link as a local administrator.

4) Always run Link "as administrator."

Beyond that, I have no advice at all.

After reinstalling, it started giving me an error message about a 2014 calendar entry. After deleting that entry, it started working for me. Phew.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-17 08:00 PM
    After reinstalling, it started giving me an error message about a 2014 calendar entry. After deleting that entry, it started working for me. Phew.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! Thanks for letting us know, and glad it worked out.

09-07-17 08:29 PM
    Lol yeah right. The Passport and the BB10 os is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 01:58 PM
    If the phone continues like this and doesn't loose any of the listed above, I could probably push it another year or two.
    I won't do a full list but yeah some bits and pieces do not work as they used to, but that's fine, that's what I intend to do as well, push it another year or so (maybe get the Keyone black edition then, no point in changing now for another 32GB 3RAM device) as this phone -Passport- is just too stylish and functional to swap to anything else
    09-09-17 03:08 AM
51 123