Please help! I'm using v10.3.3.2205 weak of signal

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 06:09 AM
    New problem or new phone or new SIM?

There is a difference in "weak signal" and always shows "no signal". More details would help.
    10-17-17 07:20 AM
    this sounds like the hardware issue that plagues one of my passports. it has no signal away from towers, and a sketchy signal up close. keeps bouncing from LTE to Edge, sometimes it has data but no voice, sometimes voice but no data...game over, man.

Posted via CBX
    10-17-17 08:39 AM
    to use it, i literally have to be standing beneath a cell tower, which makes me uncomfortable.

someone in another thread said that blackberry diagnosed this as a "system on chip (SOC)" has become unsoldered, with no fix. i've been looking at the circuit board and i may just heat up all the solder joints in the vicinity of the antenna contacts to see what happens..

Posted via CBX
    10-17-17 08:43 AM
    I had one do that as well. Its in the motherboard for sure somewhere. It went to SOS and a red X and never recovered. Second Passport I am on does it a few times a day, but for only a few seconds and then comes back.
    10-20-17 08:11 AM
    I had one do that as well. Its in the motherboard for sure somewhere. It went to SOS and a red X and never recovered. Second Passport I am on does it a few times a day, but for only a few seconds and then comes back.
    actually yeah. my current passport does that too but i ignore it and try hard not to think about it...i've got a classic on standby now.

Posted via CBX
    10-20-17 09:01 AM
    There is no fix for that. One of my Passports has the issue and I leave it to work Wi-fi only for some unimportant emails and use it as my media controller and navigator in the car. I am using my third Passport with the second simply flying too high to keep itself together.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-17 10:48 AM
    Dare I say but anyone brave enough to open it, pull out the main pcb and heat it up for like 5-10 minutes like some people try doing with video cards that experience artifacting?

Posted via CBX
    10-25-17 11:06 AM
    Dare I say but anyone brave enough to open it, pull out the main pcb and heat it up for like 5-10 minutes like some people try doing with video cards that experience artifacting?

Posted via CBX

i am. heat it how?

Posted via CBX
    10-25-17 11:38 AM
    also, stop hijacking my sig

Posted via CBX
    10-25-17 11:39 AM
    i am. heat it how?

Posted via CBX
    People put it in the oven. At 350 degrees. No joke. YouTube it.

I have tried it myself with an old video card very carefully and it seemed to have worked with the limited tests that I had run on it.

Posted via CBX
    10-25-17 11:43 AM
    also, stop hijacking my sig

Posted via CBX
    I didn't. People can be just as creative as you are silly kid. Learn to share.

Posted via CBX
    10-25-17 11:44 AM
    this sounds like the hardware issue that plagues one of my passports. it has no signal away from towers, and a sketchy signal up close. keeps bouncing from LTE to Edge, sometimes it has data but no voice, sometimes voice but no data...game over, man.

Posted via CBX
    when I was using the Passport, I had zero issues with reception! I would assume it's a defect with the hardware!?
    10-25-17 11:51 AM
    New phone. I suggest BlackBerry KeyOne 64GB memory with 4GB RAM. The Silver Edition is still good but maybe a little underpowered for high end users without gaming
    10-25-17 12:13 PM
    People put it in the oven. At 350 degrees. No joke. YouTube it.

I have tried it myself with an old video card very carefully and it seemed to have worked with the limited tests that I had run on it.

Posted via CBX
    tried this method before with some CDI units for my boat. didnt work.
    might give it a go on my parts phone, but will likely go from wi-fi to no-fi in a hurry..

do you know what a CBX is? how about a double-CBX?

Posted via CBX
    10-25-17 12:52 PM
    tried this method before with some CDI units for my boat. didnt work.
    might give it a go on my parts phone, but will likely go from wi-fi to no-fi in a hurry..

do you know what a CBX is? how about a double-CBX?

Posted via CBX
    Yeah, I hear you. Might be worth it only if you are in a position to try it, but it needs to strictly be the pcb and propped up at the edges by tin foil. The thought behind it is to re-melt the solder areas that may have microscopicly cracked.

I use CBX because the OS was originally going to be called BBX and not BB10.

Posted via CBX
    10-25-17 03:26 PM
    i started a new thread under passport, but any advice on swapping the main microphone from the mainboard?

Posted via CBX
    10-26-17 04:37 PM
    Had this issue. Obtained another Passport that worked, but had other issues, damaged keys, dead spot in LCD screen and body in rough shape. I swapped the working motherboard into the 'emergency calls only' device as screen and body were in mint shape and problem solved. So we know the issue lies on the motherboard. Would I put it in an oven, no. Would I take a heat gun and reheat areas to try and reflow the solder in some areas, sure. get some protective heat tape and cover areas that you think may be at risk though. surface mount components that could fall off or move from reheating should be held in place with heat tape.
    12-05-17 07:54 AM
    I did give the heat gun idea a shot, only for two minutes, cuz I missed the 5-10 minutes part. It did come back for 5 minutes, and the reception is working again for 5 minutes. And then dead again. I will try again with 10 minutes with the other parts of motherboard covered.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-17 11:39 AM