Tks much!

I thought
    11-19-13 01:21 PM
    Ya know, the 35th anniversary of the Jonestown tragedy was yesterday and thinking about it made me realize that it is really insensitive to use the term Kool-Aid drinker.

I agree with what you're saying, just thinking we maybe should stop using that term in a jokingly fashion.
    PC thinking really irritates me, but I do try to be sensitive. In this case I think it's just taking the PC thing way too far.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-19-13 02:26 PM
    Catch up. It's an industry leader in its new niche market of business and prosumer. iOS doesn't come close. I have not used an Android phone in over a year...but BB10 as an OS is better than iOS.
    "...the new niche market of business and prosumer...".

(Sigh)

It's amazing how many inaccuracies can be contained in one sentence fragment with only 8 words. I count 3 in this one.
    11-19-13 02:53 PM
    .....if I wanted your opinion, I would give it to you

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:58 PM
    Definitely cult like. This use to be a hell of a lot different site. Should change the name.

Hotel Crackberry?
    Cultberry?
    My head is stuck in Kevin's assberry?

Posted via CB10
    don't try to blame getting your head stuck in weird places on anybody but yourself

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:04 PM
    Catch up. It's an industry leader in its new niche market of business and prosumer. iOS doesn't come close. I have not used an Android phone in over a year...but BB10 as an OS is better than iOS.

Posted via CB10
    Huh? I don't even know what this means? What does "industry leader in its new niche market of business and prosumer" mean? As I recall when they came out with the "prosumer" thing it was mainly the subject of ridicule. Is this post continuing the ridicule? I really can't tell if it is a serious post or sarcasm.
    Saiga and richardat like this.
    11-19-13 03:56 PM
    I believe that TH thought that BB had so much goodwill with its user base that most of them would graduate to BB10. In reality, many were waiting to flee to iOS or Android. Now they are starting from scratch.
    11-19-13 04:38 PM
    Let me be more clear. They are still an industry leader in their new niche...prosumer and business market. No ridicule. Reality. Deal with it. BlackBerry is not going to try to compete with Apple or Android in the general market. They can't.
    Huh? I don't even know what this means? What does "industry leader in its new niche market of business and prosumer" mean? As I recall when they came out with the "prosumer" thing it was mainly the subject of ridicule. Is this post continuing the ridicule? I really can't tell if it is a serious post or sarcasm.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    11-19-13 04:45 PM
    Get ready to get attacked?.... strange how none of my Android friends ever tell me how they have been attacked.

There is no doubt that BB10 has failed. Of course I think BB10 is the best mobile OS out there right now (haven't used WP8). But it is immature and needs about another year to get to where it needs to be. But the problem is people aren't concerned with the OS, they want a Platform. And THAT is where BlackBerry really failed, thus making BB10 irelevent.
    BlackBerry against Google or even Apple or even Microsoft in competing to build platforms is not even close to even competition. They are very outclassed in that regard.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-19-13 05:02 PM
    Not true. The market has dramatically changed. It's not the first time in Smartphone history that this has happened. BlackBerry didn't do itself any favors with some of the issues BBOS had, but they have never been a touchscreen phone company.
    BlackBerry against Google or even Apple or even Microsoft in competing to build platforms is not even close to even competition. They are very outclassed in that regard.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:10 PM
    Not true. The market has dramatically changed. It's not the first time in Smartphone history that this has happened. BlackBerry didn't do itself any favors with some of the issues BBOS had, but they have never been a touchscreen phone company.

Posted via CB10
    I wish it was not so, but when you look at the pace Google is moving at and the resources they have, it is clear to me BlackBerry can't do anything similar. The dev support is with Android in the long run I think. Which might just be part of the reason we are seeing more and more Android support in BlackBerry 10.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-19-13 05:24 PM
    Bb 10 has best os for business people but problem with the marketing

they really has no idea how to sale the chicken ...lol

for the average smartphone user, bb10 is a failure so far. The average user doesn't want to side load to get non native apps. We want to go to blackberry world and download it. We definitely aren't comfortable installing leaked os in order to make our phones, easier it seems to get non native apps. I know people are going to come back and call me a troll and lazy for not side loading and installing leaks. My opinion is that most of you would consider it a failure if you couldn't side load and install leaks to improve the performance of your devices . I can't see why a developer would really want to develop native apps if we can get them free. If you scan though the forums, like stated kind of earlier, that if android apps weren't available there would be a lot of unhappy users. I still like my z10 and hoping that tmobile gets the z30 so i can get my wife off of her s4, but when i read the app gap is closed, it kind of makes me question that.
    I guess my real point is, is it a really good thing that android apps are going to be easier to install for blackberrys future? Cause then we're android dependent, sort of and will it bring more people to blackberry?

Last question when you install an app from amazon or mobile 1?,do you have to give it all the permissions like downloading it with an android phone?
    Ok, ready to get attacked.

Posted via cb10
    11-19-13 06:56 PM
    Does anyone really think that BB10 would be perfect at launch?
    Given how long Blackberry has been in business and their knowledge of releasing and supporting an OS, the answer is yes. There should not have been any guessing when it came to launching a new OS; they have been doing that for sometime and had years of experience doing so. With all that was at stake for this company, i.e., their very survival, then the answer, again, is yes. Things should have gone smoothly. Perfectly. The company should have been well-prepared for they were fighting for their lives; they did not have the luxury of second chances as they had already lost that years ago in the eyes of the public. And given the feedback they received from launching the Playbook with it's myriad of missing features thus leading to the Playbook's failure and open ridicule by consumers, then the answer, again, is yes. Blackberry should have learned from their mistakes - they didn't. And it shows.

Was ios perfect when it first launched ? Was Android when it first launched?
    No to both questions.
    Both iOS and Android, unlike Blackberry, has/had the resources it took; the support of the consumer market; the support of the developers; to release updates in a timely fashion and address the concerns and criticisms raised against the initial OS releases. Blackberry has neither and has, if anything, demonstrated an incredible inability - to say nothing of the lack of speed at which they move - at addressing any shortcomings.

BB10 is still very new and it will have lots of growing pains. We are spoiled with the other two os,because they have been around a long time
    That argument is a complete red herring; it's irrelevant. No individual in their right mind is going to pat Blackberry on their head, metaphorically speaking, saying "there there, there there, we know your going through growing pains, so I will buy your phone to be supportive of your fragile self-esteem". All that matters to consumers is what is available today. BB10 had to compete with the two established OS's that are in play - it did not, does not, will not, have not, has not, the time to be treated delicately and given passing marks just because it's the new kid on the block. BB10 had to compete with the current OS's; rather, it had to surpass them if it wanted to attract consumers back to Blackberry. It hasn't done so.

BB10 will get better.
    From your lips to God's ears. I hope your right.
    M65c02 likes this.
    11-19-13 07:06 PM
    Let me be more clear. They are still an industry leader in their new niche...prosumer and business market. No ridicule. Reality. Deal with it. BlackBerry is not going to try to compete with Apple or Android in the general market. They can't.

Posted via CB10
    I don't typically deal with outright fantasy. I don't see anything to indicate BB is leading in any market, including business or prosumer. At least in the world of objective reality. Not that anyone actually knows what a prosumer in the phone market is but that is a different problem.
    mset, Saiga and M65c02 like this.
    11-19-13 07:48 PM
    Just because BlackBerry had 7+ years experience building bbos, doesnt mean bb10 was supposed to be perfect out the gate. Would have been nice if it was, but in reality they were using qnx which they didn't have the most experience coding on. The qnx team and BlackBerry team had to work together to create and make all the code etc work together. (the PlayBook is a good example of BlackBerry still progressing with qnx, could have been the best of all tablets)

I've used em all and still do daily, from my iPad 4, galaxy tab 3 8", to my iPhone 5 or s4 mini(new addition). I choose to use a z10 (bb10) over the others because it makes running my business with 2 retail locations easier, it keeps me in consant/instant contact with my customers.

Using my ip5 or android for business can be a headache all in its own.

BlackBerry has always been a business focused company from the start, I don't even think they new what bbos would become at its prime with teens and a cool factor. With that said it's hard to expect them do right when focusing on and marketing to consumers when all they know is business.

Bb10 is an amazing o's and right now with 10.2.1 it would be my number one choice. I'm not a big app person either(70% of smartphone users are, so hopefully the new runtime helps)

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    11-19-13 09:27 PM
    Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I think BlackBerry knows who their markets is and some people here are just are not going to be part of it going forward.

Their market is shrinking and if you think the ugly is over then you really have not been keeping score.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:28 PM
    [QUOTE=jh07;9567849]

Last question when you install an app from amazon or mobile 1?,do you have to give it all the permissions like downloading it with an Android phone?

What's with everyone's obsession with this? Are you a top secret agent?

Android is the top platform in the world. Seems users don't have issues. BlackBerry users need to start accepting changes otherwise they are toast

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:30 PM
    Tks sdtrmg!
    I hope new posts can comment on this. Or on what I wrote earlier today.

Several posts have made it crystal clear that waterfrontmgmt wrote out a fantasy, wishful-thinking post. Let's all move on. Let's see if we can write down some far more insightful remarks about something far more critical: real-life use cases.
    11-19-13 09:44 PM
    Don't try to insult me. That's stipid. I am just speaking the reality most people already know.
    Tks sdtrmg!
    I hope new posts can comment on this. Or on what I wrote earlier today.

Several posts have made it crystal clear that waterfrontmgmt wrote out a fantasy, wishful-thinking post. Let's all move on. Let's see if we can write down some far more insightful remarks about something far more critical: real-life use cases.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:04 PM
    treaker what it is, is BB10 was quite a bit late to the party. When they released BB10, it was a pretty soft OS, missing a lot of features that 10.2 had, but BB10 should have had on it's release.

Add the lack of apps, the lack of knowledge about side loading, the lack of advertising, and the dreaded blackberry name, and it was quite possibly doomed from the start.

I think if the Z10 and Q10 came with 10.2 preloaded, it might not have been so poorly received by the average consumer. When people think BlackBerry,

When people think BlackBerry, this is what comes to mind:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_-JOzWUbMj...PEARL-8100.jpg

Fortunately for BB, this is what people associated with Apple for quite a few years, and they were able to convince the general public they're innovative.

http://www.vectronicsappleworld.com/...iie/snap20.jpg

I think BlackBerry has a fighting chance if they can get the Play Store going.
    I have an Apple 2e right here!

And yes, BB10 is dead, nor will it ever sell. The z30 will be a mind-boggling failure in sales.

If BB had the resources, they would already have internally written bb10 off, and they'd be doing the only viable thing (in terms of handsets), planning bb11 and putting all resources into it. They would then promise you could upgrade the zq10 and z30....but that would be a lie.

PS. Just when you think you've seen the most irrational stretches possible, you get a thread where are posters are declaring bb10 as not a failure......LOL. Well....the whole world (including Heins, the board, the industry, the carriers, the developers) disagree with you....but maybe they're all wrong. After all, the real winner in corporations are those who just try.....and who love themselves....and don't listen to other people's criticisms....they keep going on in their own way and they aren't measured by external metrics like money, sales, support, fans.....they understand that just BEING themselves is good enough, and makes them, the most previous, valuable, unique little boy or girl...err.....I mean corporation...In the world. They know, that no matter what, no matter whether they ever make friends or learn to get along with others, tell the truth, succeed in their goals, show up on time, or do anything of value, that their parents (CB kevin for example) will still love them. Ok...after this we'll have our jello, and then afternoon nap.
    11-19-13 10:11 PM
    Step away from the crackpipe please.
    I have an Apple 2e right here!

And yes, BB10 is dead, nor will it ever sell. The z30 will be a mind-boggling failure in sales.

If BB had the resources, they would already have internally written bb10 off, and they'd be doing the only viable thing (in terms of handsets), planning bb11 and putting all resources into it. They would then promise you could upgrade the zq10 and z30....but that would be a lie.

PS. Just when you think you've seen the most irrational stretches possible, you get a thread where are posters are declaring bb10 as not a failure......LOL. Well....the whole world (including Heins, the board, the industry, the carriers, the developers) disagree with you....but maybe they're all wrong. After all, the real winner in corporations are those who just try.....and who love themselves....and don't listen to other people's criticisms....they keep going on in their own way and they aren't measured by external metrics like money, sales, support, fans.....they understand that just BEING themselves is good enough, and makes them, the most previous, valuable, unique little boy or girl...err.....I mean corporation...In the world. They know, that no matter what, no matter whether they ever make friends or learn to get along with others, tell the truth, succeed in their goals, show up on time, or do anything of value, that their parents (CB kevin for example) will still love them. Ok...after this we'll have our jello, and then afternoon nap.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and southlander like this.
    11-19-13 10:35 PM
    Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I think BlackBerry knows who their markets is and some people here are just are not going to be part of it going forward.

Their market is shrinking and if you think the ugly is over then you really have not been keeping score.

Posted via CB10
    You must have misunderstood what I wrote. BlackBerry knows that the consumers are there target market, and they wouldn't be allowing apks if that wasn't the case. They know they have a app problem, with the right marketing this could be big for bb10, but(my point from the last post) BlackBerry doesn't know how to market to consumers even when they think they do.

Apple, samsung and even Microsoft(recently) know how to market to consumers, there commercials are selling people a lifestyle, a brand that comes tied to a smartphone. They seem to get a message across that BlackBerrys commercials sadly fail to do.

With 10.2.1, new android runtime and the right marketing team bb10 could pick up in sales.

I was just reading an article from another thread, Bb10 "A better Android then Android ", it was quite read.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    11-19-13 10:38 PM
    Gotya. In my opinion... ita game over for the old Blackberry most people here know and love. But I also think BB10 itself is a great OS. And I think there is still a large amount of their (future) market that is still on legacy devices because they just don't like change. But when they need a new phone, they will buy a BB10 device.

It's a much smaller market now for BlackBerry . But that is where we are. "Success" is a very relative term.
    You must have misunderstood what I wrote. BlackBerry knows that the consumers are there target market, and they wouldn't be allowing apks if that wasn't the case. They know they have a app problem, with the right marketing this could be big for bb10, but(my point from the last post) BlackBerry doesn't know how to market to consumers even when they think they do.

Apple, samsung and even Microsoft(recently) know how to market to consumers, there commercials are selling people a lifestyle, a brand that comes tied to a smartphone. They seem to get a message across that BlackBerrys commercials sadly fail to do.

With 10.2.1, new android runtime and the right marketing team bb10 could pick up in sales.

I was just reading an article from another thread, Bb10 "A better Android then Android ", it was quite read.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:52 PM
    Gotya. In my opinion... ita game over for the old Blackberry most people here know and love. But I also think BB10 itself is a great OS. And I think there is still a large amount of their (future) market that is still on legacy devices because they just don't like change. But when they need a new phone, they will buy a BB10 device.

It's a much smaller market now for BlackBerry . But that is where we are. "Success" is a very relative term.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, they will never be one of the top 2 os's but disagree there done. The old BlackBerry is, but I think with the right decisions from management they can become profitable.

BlackBerry has many things going for them(bbm, noc, qnx, security and patents), small but critical to there success , not to mention bb10 being the only o's certified for high level use with the DOD, Russian government, UK government, etc.

The companies who placed bids for parts of BlackBerry weren't bidding for nothing, it was for parts they know hold value in the company and we're factors in there prior success as a company in general.

Only time will tell what the future holds.

11-19-13 11:05 PM
    Hi I came to blackberry in January from years of Android, my Z10 and later Q5/Z30 have had no problems, And the few apps I need are in Blackberry world, side loading is no problem but the average user is not interested and Blackberry is getting there with being able to go to a Android app store and simple download soon, the BB10 O.S. is improving all the time and the updates are still arriving, if there are new phones coming Z50/Q30? With higher specs and running a newer version of BB10 which the earlier phones can not be updated to ( as windows phone owners have suffered ) that would be the end for Blackberry, the future of Blackberry is in the hands of the leadership.
    11-20-13 03:19 AM
145 ... 23456