Somehow I can't combine the word "failure" and "so far" in one sentence.
    I see BB as a startup - their products are not competing, they are not making big money, etc.
    So far, they don't have a good business model.
    But I would say they failed *only* when CEO announces they leave the smartphone market.

So far they are still trying.
    Will they fail? We'll definitely see.
    11-18-13 12:33 PM
    Is it really that bad here @ CrackBerry?
    We so gangstarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    m1kr0 likes this.
    11-18-13 12:35 PM
    Don't like it buy something else. Who cares what you think.
    pvphooman likes this.
    11-18-13 12:36 PM
    There is one glowing ommision in the OP's logic. BlackBerry' s current goals and direction, coupled with the state of the company itself.

It's hard not to be encouraged with where the OS is now and what is coming. QNX is not java based and it's taking a while for both BlackBerry and private developers to add new features/apps, but with Google Play coming in 10.2.1, the App issue is going to be a lot different.

Posted via CB10
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    11-18-13 12:38 PM
    What's the point if getting your wife off of the S4? She install BBM and run all of the Android apps natively. Unless there is some reason she needs to be on BB, why waste time and money to switch her over?
    I think it's totally ridiculous all the permissions you have to give in order to use most of their apps. Most of the apps she would use I can get on BlackBerry World. I've had BlackBerry for years and I feel it's secure. Maybe it can be hacked, but in my mind it's safe. Actually got the S3, I guess I wrote 4, because of the screen size.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:41 PM
    Flawed logic. By that line of deduction you could say bbOS was a failure just because it's no longer popular.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    BBOS is still more popular than BB10, according to last quarter? sales, it out sold 3 to 1.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:44 PM
    BBOS is still more popular than BB10, according to last quarter? sales, it out sold 3 to 1.

Posted via CB10
    But it's still no longer in a wider sense. My point stands.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-18-13 12:46 PM
    For the average smartphone user, BB10 is a failure so far. The average user doesn't want to side load to get non native apps. We want to go to BlackBerry World and download it. We definitely aren't comfortable installing leaked OS in order to make our phones, easier it seems to get non native apps. I know people are going to come back and call me a Troll and lazy for not side loading and installing leaks. My opinion is that most of you would consider it a failure if you couldn't side load and install leaks to improve the performance of your devices . I can't see why a developer would really want to develop native apps if we can get them free. If you scan though the forums, like stated kind of earlier, that if Android apps weren't available there would be a lot of unhappy users. I still like my z10 and hoping that Tmobile gets the Z30 so I can get my wife off of her S4, but when I read the app gap is closed, it kind of makes me question that.
    I guess my real point is, is it a really good thing that Android apps are going to be easier to install for BlackBerrys future? Cause then we're Android dependent, sort of and will it bring more people to BlackBerry?

Last question when you install an app from amazon or mobile 1?,do you have to give it all the permissions like downloading it with an Android phone?
    Ok, ready to get attacked.

Not attacking, but u do have a point, I take it more like a wish list, that u are wanting, which could be said about Apple and of Android phones but in reverse. Why don't they offer BB apps on their platforms. So, with all the Leaks, we finally have android apps in our phones and BB is the first innovative company to run two platforms in one phone, that's truly amazing. We are the envy of other OS platforms right now. LMAO, so ironic!!!!

When u download an app from 1Mobile it just warns u by BB that it's not a BB app, that's it, lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:52 PM
    Well, I don't think BB10 is a failure....I think bringing apps to BB10 is where the failure lies. BB10, in my opinion is the best OS on the market. I've said this many times, and I will continue to say it. I find that I can get much more done using BB10 than I would with Android or iOS. I have never installed a leak, I'm not comfortable doing that. I only run the official OS. My Z10 was awesome, and my Z30 is even better. This is a brand new OS, and yes, it still needs to mature, but that doesn't mean it's a failure. BB10 has evolved faster than any other NEW OS. It's been 10 months since it has been released, and they keep putting out new features and adding great things. Some things are catching up to other OS's, and others are new things to BB, which is great. Now with the upcoming release of 10.2.1, which gives significantly more support for the android runtimes, the app issue will be a thing of the past. You will be able to download and install Android apps directly from your BB. No more 'sideloading'. No more converting to .bar files. You can go to the amazon store, directly from your BB, select an app you want and install it right from your phone. Again, BB continues to improve, continues to give what users are asking for, and they are growing very fast. So your comment about BB10 being a failure seems a little harsh, considering you seem to be a BB fan as well. Blackberry screwing up a number of times, doing things that just don't make sense? Absolutely. I can show many failures in regards to what the company has done. But I don't think BB10 itself is where the failure lies.
    When I state bb10 it's meaning the new Blackberry, modern and that type of thing. It was suppose to have all these apps and all, doesn't of course. So I feel like I wrote that if BlackBerry 10 devices didn't have the capabilities of utilizing Androids apps, a lot of people would be disgusted. BlackBerry was suppose to be in its own private world.
    Definitely the company screwed themselves again.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:21 PM
    There really are some stupid posts on CrackBerry these days... "my brother is stronger than yours" etc... And so many who have all the answers to the worlds problems...

Why this fighting? There are space for all - no need to be the only one .... BB10 is for many a huge success - myself included - and I guess that most of the naysayers really don't need a new phone - all they want is a new toy - a gaming device ... something to knock fish dead with - something totally different than a good phone.

But - all those who needed a Good communication device, which can also be used for other things - are happy with BB10 - and have NO need for sideloading anything. Sideloading is similar to a child's silencer - to "mute" them all... 75-80% of all Android apps can now (soon with 10.2.1) be run on the same device that gives the elegance and power of BB10.

;-)

Keep in mind - BB10 is not the hardware - its the platform...
    vrud likes this.
    11-18-13 01:24 PM
    Somehow I can't combine the word "failure" and "so far" in one sentence.
    I see BB as a startup - their products are not competing, they are not making big money, etc.
    So far, they don't have a good business model.
    But I would say they failed *only* when CEO announces they leave the smartphone market.

So far they are still trying.
    Will they fail? We'll definitely see.
    Yeah definitely could have used better words. The "new" blackberry was suppose to have ( hate to write it) apps, in its own world. I was just stating that for a lot of people (not all) if it wasn't for Android these phones would be horrible. Also I questioned the permissions to download Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:37 PM
    There really are some stupid posts on CrackBerry these days... "my brother is stronger than yours" etc... And so many who have all the answers to the worlds problems...

Why this fighting? There are space for all - no need to be the only one .... BB10 is for many a huge success - myself included - and I guess that most of the naysayers really don't need a new phone - all they want is a new toy - a gaming device ... something to knock fish dead with - something totally different than a good phone.

But - all those who needed a Good communication device, which can also be used for other things - are happy with BB10 - and have NO need for sideloading anything. Sideloading is similar to a child's silencer - to "mute" them all... 75-80% of all Android apps can now (soon with 10.2.1) be run on the same device that gives the elegance and power of BB10.

;-)

Keep in mind - BB10 is not the hardware - its the platform...
    The problem is the sector of the market which just wants a "good communication device" is so small that BBRY cant survive in this niche (as the many 10000's of unsold Z10s proves).

Truth is customers take the "good communication device" as a gimme.The toys as you call them, are actually the added value that people see as differentiators when selecting a handset to buy.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-18-13 01:40 PM
    I think the OP, and some other people, are reading far too much into BB10 being able to run APK files. Go read what Alec said about this. The ability to run APK files is all about making it easier for Android developers to try out their application on BB10 hardware and see if they are happy enough with the user experience to either just convert it or tweak it a little before converting it to a BAR for BlackBerry World.

Now, will some people use that ability to go get APKs from various sources and run them. I'm sure some will, even some who have been reluctant to sideload using the current techniques. Does that translate into going to the Amazon store and installing Android apps with one-click, maybe, but maybe not.

The message is pretty clear, BlackBerry expects most users to continue to get their applications, from whatever ultimate source, through BlackBerry World where they will get the security benefits of the curated experience and F-Secure scanning.

Those who want or need to have the latest trending application will, I'm sure, be able to figure out how to get it running.
    11-18-13 01:41 PM
    I think the OP, and some other people, are reading far too much into BB10 being able to run APK files. Go read what Alec said about this. The ability to run APK files is all about making it easier for Android developers to try out their application on BB10 hardware and see if they are happy enough with the user experience to either just convert it or tweak it a little before converting it to a BAR for BlackBerry World.

Now, will some people use that ability to go get APKs from various sources and run them. I'm sure some will, even some who have been reluctant to sideload using the current techniques. Does that translate into going to the Amazon store and installing Android apps with one-click, maybe, but maybe not.

The message is pretty clear, BlackBerry expects most users to continue to get their applications, from whatever ultimate source, through BlackBerry World where they will get the security benefits of the curated experience and F-Secure scanning.

Those who want or need to have the latest trending application will, I'm sure, be able to figure out how to get it running.
    I don't know... that disclaimer message when you install an Android *.apk file seems pretty geared towards consumers.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:46 PM
    At my store we sell more bb10 than wp

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:48 PM
    This phone does everything that I need it to, and it is the hub for my self-employed business.

Well, if there were some way it could filter out the sheer number of ridiculous, whiny emails I have to deal with on a daily basis, that would be awesome. Some sort of "***** filter," so to speak.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:53 PM

I'm curious if you think the capability of side loading apps and whatever is coming with 10.2 is going to discourage developers to provide native apps?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:55 PM
    At my store we sell more bb10 than wp

Posted via CB10
    Where is your store? And what is the carrier? Just curious

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:59 PM
    Here we go again! Rotfl

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-18-13 02:01 PM
    The problem is the sector of the market which just wants a "good communication device" is so small that BBRY cant survive in this niche (as the many 10000's of unsold Z10s proves).

Truth is customers take the "good communication device" as a gimme.The toys as you call them, are actually the added value that people see as differentiators when selecting a handset to buy.
    And you KNOW the market that good?
    There are many reasons why some things sell - and some don't ... Early Windows versions is a good example of that you don't really need a good product to sell ....

and also keep in mind - that many of the markets - most carriers outside UK/US/CA - does not "sponsor" any devices the way they do there... so people are "used" to paying $400-800 for a good device... Android devices are being thrown after you from 25$ and up... Androids are not popular because they are good, but because they are cheap!

Other things are similar... cars ex. ... who needs all these brands and models - they all have at least 4 wheels and carry you from A to B .. right? but many of them have special use - and many are sold with expensive added features that a "normal" person will never be able to use.. ex. a "family" car capable of 300+ Km/h ..

Absolute no need to be #1,2 or 3 - in order to sell - and be a successful company.

You always need to pick the tool that is right for You - that gets the job done. That's why it is so good with options... BlackBerry is not for all, BB10 is not for all, .... should not be - There are many good devices out there - LG, Samsung, Apple, Nokia, etc... iPhone runs old iOS, Android runs as many versions as there are devices... some work and some don't.. but there are choices...

What I fail to understand - is - If someone is not happy with their Z10, Q10, Q5 or Z30 - or BB10 - why don't they just find another one? Why having to blast all over the place of how unhappy they are.... It's not like you getting married - it's a tool - it's a phone - it's a device... get over it...
    Last edited by Morten; 11-20-13 at 09:08 AM.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-18-13 02:31 PM

What I fail to understand - is - If someone is not happy with their Z10, Q10, Q5 or Z30 - or BB10 - why don't they just find another one? Why having to blast all over the place of how unhappy they are.... It's not like you getting married - it's a tool - it's a phone - it's a device... get over it...
    Because people love to complain. People love to be negative.

My English teachers told me not to start a sentence with 'because'...oh how I have failed them...
    11-18-13 02:45 PM
    Whaaaaat? That's not BB's "niche" phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:58 PM
    Let's be honest: BB is not capturing market share, they are loosing market share. OP is not that far off. At least let me say this: the way BB started out with BB10 has NOT been assisting to facilitate a smooth new beginning. OS 10 was horrible on first release, multiple reboots, poor battery life and clearly a work in progress. With 10.2.1 and above, they are clearly heading in the right direction. Do they have enough time to turn this thing around in the cut-throat cellphone business? Your guess is as good as mine. The market will decide if BB will live or die. Since they can't make money out of thin air and they need to sell a product or a service or a combination of both, it depends on the buyer/end user if BB 10 will sink or swim. I do hope BB is astute enough to realize that this is probably their last chance. Just my opinion.
    11-18-13 03:19 PM
    Because people love to complain. People love to be negative.

My English teachers told me not to start a sentence with 'because'...oh how I have failed them...
    I completely agree!
    If a user finds the purchased device working to his/her expectations and without any questions - then why would the person spend time on these forums.

Besides, I believe many invested in the BB hyped stock and watching their investment to melt down so drastically it leaves one no choice as to complain and bash. This is not related to OP or this thread, it's just a general observation.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-18-13 03:19 PM

The thing is.... people are not buying BB10 because there is no talk about it.... there is no positive news there is no marketing... and somehow even positive news is spinned negatively

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    11-18-13 03:39 PM
145 1234 ...