Still no emoji support! WTH

They implemented and created a lot of amazing features, was it so hard to work on emojis?

Posted via CB10
    n1k0z likes this.
    09-28-14 08:37 AM
    Still no emoji support! WTH

They implemented and created a lot of amazing features, was it so hard to work on emojis?

Posted via CB10
    Emoji's wouldn't be the first thing I implemented either in a BUSINESS OS.
    howards, Pdinos3 and LoneStarRed like this.
    09-28-14 08:47 AM
    It's aimed at power professionals, for Pete's sake.
    09-28-14 08:51 AM
    But OS 10.3 is not for business only! I mean, people who got a Z3 aren't all about business!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:14 AM
    Maybe with 10.4 that's aimed at the consumer crowd.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 11:01 PM
    OMG! Why would you ask that? it's aimed at business users! *sarcasm*

Seriously some people here are just......

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    09-29-14 04:32 AM
    But OS 10.3 is not for business only! I mean, people who got a Z3 aren't all about business!

Posted via CB10
    10.3.1 will be for the Z3. 10.3 is for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:25 AM
    The "It's for business people" explanation makes no sense to me. I'm not a business man and I'll still buy the Passport... and In sure I'm not the only one!
    BlackBerry should do everything they can to target a larger audience.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) and kbz1960 like this.
    09-29-14 06:54 AM
    Its meant for business only and not consumers is what got blackberry into this situation.
    if you think about it, a business man at work is a consumer at home. thats why businesses are converting to iPhones.

Back on topic, i don't own a Passport(yet) but 10.3 on my Z10 supports emoji in the Hub but not in the instant preview.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    09-29-14 07:01 AM
    Higher priorities... 10.3.1 better be right around the corner

They have a lot of people buying a passport who are not just buying it for its business productivity. Now whether or not that's blackberry's problem is certainly debatable. But, I think it would behoove Blackberry to push out updates asap while they have people buying the phones. The golden ticket is OTA updates but I'm no technical expert in the area. I would assume that's very difficult but Blackberry still has a lot of things to catch up on when it comes to a smart phone OS. I hate to compare the OS to android and iOS but 10.3 seems pretty close to its competitors. HOWEVER, if most of these phones (passport and z3) are still stuck in 10.3 in 6 months... that would be just sad
    09-29-14 07:25 AM
    Its meant for business only and not consumers is what got blackberry into this situation.
    if you think about it, a business man at work is a consumer at home. thats why businesses are converting to iPhones.

Back on topic, i don't own a Passport(yet) but 10.3 on my Z10 supports emoji in the Hub but not in the instant preview.
    Exactly!!! John Chen said one of the reasons for businessman to buy the Passport is because so they can stop carrying 2 devices around: the same device for work and for personal life!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:42 AM
    It's aimed at power professionals, for Pete's sake.
    Emoji's wouldn't be the first thing I implemented either in a BUSINESS OS.

if it's meant for business users why is: Docs to go, Print to GO, Remember and Express completely featureless and Contacts is completely broken??

I mean Docs To Go "Premium" on iOS and Android is even better then BlackBerry's and BlackBerry owns part of the DataWiz company that makes docs to go. This is a sad excuse for a "business OS".
    RIM buys DataViz for BlackBerry ($50m) | 9to5Mac
    RIM Buys "Documents To Go", But Microsoft Missed Out | PCWorld

People also don't get that consumers now = business. All this BYOD stuff is making iOS and Android much more useful in the workspace because of apps. iOS and Android are crawling with productivity, utility and business apps that no feature on BB10 can compare to except the HUB.
    iOS/Android Acompli, innovated the crap out of the HUB but as of now it only handles email. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...compli.acompli (even with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 integration)
    Android's version of the HUB https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.emsi.hub
    EVERYONE is catching on to BlackBerry's biggest feature..

All the big Business features from BBOS is now gone in BB10.

Guys please tell me why BB10 is better for business over the competition other then security?

Don't get me wrong, I'm trying to be on your guys side (have been since 2006) but BlackBerry is making it extremely hard for me.
    I even took the liberty to create a bunch of feature lists: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-most-962186/
    Last edited by khehl; 09-29-14 at 11:52 AM.
    09-29-14 11:10 AM
    People that say "it's for business" amaze me and are just as blind as iSheep...

The saying towards Apple, "BlackBerry are tools, not toys" killed BlackBerry... This showed that BlackBerry CEOs were too stubborn to go with the flow until too late.
    09-29-14 11:16 AM
    I agree about emoji support being subpar but if you take the time to set up word substitution it is usable. I now have the ability to easily enter about thirty emoji I use and 10.3 already displays them all.
    09-29-14 01:21 PM
    The "It's for business people" explanation makes no sense to me. I'm not a business man and I'll still buy the Passport... and In sure I'm not the only one!
    BlackBerry should do everything they can to target a larger audience.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that consumer concerns must remain a high priority. However, when the last bastion of support you have is with corporate clients, you need to make sure you do 'enterprise' better than the competition. Otherwise you are dead within a year.

I think Chen is channeling his resources in a very focused way so that enterprise needs are met first, consumer needs second.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:57 PM
    I just found this , I don't use emojis so hopefully that works.

Emoji Pack by Azuware receives an update in support of OS 10.3 and the BlackBerry Passport http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Black...3/oSOkMO5l8qM/

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:36 AM