Blackberry maps for the most part is pretty decent(except the few times it sent me a mile in the wrong direction). However the one thing i hate when helping people navigate is that the directions never list the actual exit numbers for highways etc. This information is crucial, and until they provide it the app will not be as useful.

I am a Z10 and Q10 owner, still mostly use the Z10(have the Q10 for experimentation). After using the Q10 for about 2/3 weeks I have to say i really love the keyboard(although i keep accidentally swiping to the left and expecting words to get deleted). There are 2 things that bother me though, the screen is still a little bit short, so when I use bing maps to look up public transit directions, the interface is clunky(this isn't a bing maps problem, the interface on the z10 is perfect, but with limited screen real estate on the Q10 its really hard to get a nice overview of transit directions so you can easily choose different routes). My second gripe is with the calander app. After using the Calander app in the Z10, I have grown to love their monthly view, where it still shows you the daily breakdown. With the Q10 its impossible to get that view, it always ends up taking you to a day view. Honestly if they make the Classic a bit larger so that screen real estate isn't much of an issue I would likely prefer the classic over the Z10, but for now the Z10 providers a better experience for me.
    04-26-14 12:52 PM
    Well good luck with whichever phone you ultimately choose.
    04-26-14 04:27 PM
    Blackberry maps for the most part is pretty decent(except the few times it sent me a mile in the wrong direction). However the one thing i hate when helping people navigate is that the directions never list the actual exit numbers for highways etc. This information is crucial, and until they provide it the app will not be as useful.

I am a Z10 and Q10 owner, still mostly use the Z10(have the Q10 for experimentation). After using the Q10 for about 2/3 weeks I have to say i really love the keyboard(although i keep accidentally swiping to the left and expecting words to get deleted). There are 2 things that bother me though, the screen is still a little bit short, so when I use bing maps to look up public transit directions, the interface is clunky(this isn't a bing maps problem, the interface on the z10 is perfect, but with limited screen real estate on the Q10 its really hard to get a nice overview of transit directions so you can easily choose different routes). My second gripe is with the calander app. After using the Calander app in the Z10, I have grown to love their monthly view, where it still shows you the daily breakdown. With the Q10 its impossible to get that view, it always ends up taking you to a day view. Honestly if they make the Classic a bit larger so that screen real estate isn't much of an issue I would likely prefer the classic over the Z10, but for now the Z10 providers a better experience for me.
    For me it is hit or miss with exit numbers. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. But as long as you know the highway/route you are taking, and how far away you are from it (the lady even says "get ready to turn left on .....), so I don't see it as an issue.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-26-14 07:37 PM
    Whichever one i choose, it'll def be a blackberry
    04-27-14 01:58 PM
    Its more for when I'm the passenger and the driver wants a heads up on the exit number
    04-27-14 01:58 PM
    By the way, typo in title of thread. Should be "gripe".

04-27-14 02:09 PM
    Its more for when I'm the passenger and the driver wants a heads up on the exit number
    In that case I just give miles and route, like "9 more miles take 95 south".

04-27-14 02:11 PM
    It's crazy, its been almost a year and it seems like blackberry must be following my post, because they have solved my maps issues. After updating my passport(yay, i can swipe on a physical keyboard), they have updated the calander view, and now maps application does show exit numbers. Woot Woot blackberry, keept it up
    03-03-15 08:22 AM
    Does it show the exit number at the top (2nd line of text) but in light grey on a dark grey background?

Or is that just me haha

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:54 AM