So far, I am beyond happy with BB10, but there are a few little things that I think could be address very easily that would make it just a little bit better, I know BlackBerry has more important things to work on, but these should all be VERY easy fixes/add ons for them.

Calendar:
    - When setting a date for a calendar event, the year field should be separate like it was on BBOS. I often times have to put a date in for 8-10 months in advance (Weddings, vacations, etc...) and spinning the day wheel to get that far ahead can be a little annoying. If the date you need to put in is years in advance (not sure why, but it could happen) this would be a huge pain in the ***.

Contacts:
    - This is something that has always bugged me even since BBOD days....When adding a number to your contacts (one sent to you or someone that called you), it automatically puts the phone number in the "Work" number field. I understand that BlackBerry is meant for business people, but I still feel like most people that send you a phone number are sending a mobile phone number. It's a little thing, but has always annoyed me.

Messaging:
    - When sending a text, as I am inputting the contacts name, only phone numbers should show in the drop down list, not email addresses. I will email an email address, not text it. Same goes for sending emails, don't offer phone numbers (not sure if they do or not, just making a point).

Keyboard:
    - Allow auto-correction/suggestions everywhere, except the password fields. If the keyboard is able to learn my email address and suggest it, why won't it do so in an email field? I also saved a shortcut so when I type "ggg" it changes it to my email address and "gg" is my most often used username, but most username and email address fields don't allow for auto correction Again, since the keyboard learns your words, it won't be annoying to have it autocorrect in these fields after the first time you use it.
    - After swiping a word, if the next character is a ':' or a ')' (or any other character that shouldn't have a space before it), the keyboard should remove the space automatically inserted after swiping up the previous word, just like it does when you add a period or comma.

Homescreen:
    - Add a brightness control to the settings pull down. With battery concerns as well as issues reading off the screen in sunlight, this should be a VERY easily accessible option. THIS ONE NEEDS TO BE ADDED ASAP!
    09-16-13 09:24 AM
    Great list.

There are a lot of very easy wins for BB10, I wish the head developer would peruse the forums on occasion to scoop them up, it would make such a difference to the platform.
    09-16-13 09:38 AM
    I'm not sure why you don't select the date of your appointment first (select Month view, then swipe to the month and select the date) before then adding the appointment? Seems the most logical way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by scook94; 09-16-13 at 10:14 AM.
    09-16-13 09:55 AM
    I'm not sure why you don't select the date of your appointment first (select Month view, then swipe to the month and select the date) before then adding the appointment? Seems the most logical way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    That is definitely better, but still a little annoying. And I would assume most people don't do it that way, so they should still make the year a separate selection, or at least the year and month together without the day. Like I said, from a programming perspective, this is a very very easy fix.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 01:32 PM
    Contacts:
    - This is something that has always bugged me even since BBOD days....When adding a number to your contacts (one sent to you or someone that called you), it automatically puts the phone number in the "Work" number field. I understand that BlackBerry is meant for business people, but I still feel like most people that send you a phone number are sending a mobile phone number. It's a little thing, but has always annoyed me.
    This. 100%. 90%+ of the time, when someone gives me their number, it's a mobile. That should be the default.
    09-16-13 02:20 PM
    This. 100%. 90%+ of the time, when someone gives me their number, it's a mobile. That should be the default.
    Or at the very least, it should be an option to set what the default should be.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 05:24 PM
    It would be good to be able to adjust brightness on a larger scale.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:45 PM
    Yeap, all good ideas. The brightness one for sure.

Posted via CB10 w/ my Q10
    09-16-13 10:55 PM
    I have to say, I'm a little worried about the fact that the brightness setting hasn't been added to the home screen drop down menu so far, even on 10.2. With all the times I've seen it mentioned on these forums, I would think that BlackBerry would have done something about it.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 12:24 PM