I was opening a fb message in the hub and it wouldnt open. All of sudden all the email messages on the emails accounts that are shown in the hub were gone.

Email accounts that are hidden from the hub (hub management/off) are fine when I select one by one all the email messages are there.

The issue is BlackBerry related not a server related because of the following reasons: it happened before, it occurs on Google Apps acoounts, Yahoo accounts and Outlook accounts all together.

Unfortunately I also noticed also my SMS text messages are all gone (unfortunately they were shown in the hub), now I know better and will never show SMS text messages in the hub since this major bug make me lose important data.

For Outlook accounts I found the deleted messages in the Delete folder, in Google Apps account they were not in the Bin/Trash folder but I restored them since they were in the All Mail folder. Yahoo accounts deleted messages are no where to be found, I have requested a data restoration directly to Yahoo.

I'm pretty sad BlackBerry didnt fix this major bug yet since I've experienced with 10.0 and I'm now running 10.2 - I'm not the only one that had this issue as there are many threads here in CrackBerry and on BlackBerry forum too.

Any one out there know how to prevent this issue?
    10-18-13 03:41 PM
    I had the same thing happen on my Q10 a few months back but not since the last update. I was hoping that the issue was fixed so it's disappointing to hear that it happened under 10.2. As with you I managed to recover my work emails within Outlook but my personal email account was wiped. Even more annoying was that when my work emails were deleted it actually pulled emails out of folders and deleted them. In other words, these were emails that I had filed using my device and were no longer appearing in the hub. Very annoying to try to retrace where I had filed various messages once I recovered them using a "last modified" date search in Outlook. That was my last straw and ever since I had no choice but to recommend to colleagues that they're next upgrade not be a Blackberry. If it can't even do emails right then what is left to like?
    10-18-13 03:53 PM
    Since it appears to affect only items that are shown in the hub probably one thing is to set to OFF the filed messaged so that if you file from the inbox to another folder they are not shown in the hub hence they should not be deleted if it happen again.

Also I discovered that all the FB messages of the last month have been deleted, luckily you can find them in the Archive folder of facebook and restore them again.

My device is also a Q10.
    10-18-13 03:58 PM
    While I fix stuff...random reboot too.
    10-18-13 03:59 PM
    While I fix stuff...random reboot too.

have you tried reloading your os? to see if this helps
    10-18-13 04:14 PM
    have you tried reloading your os? to see if this helps
    What is lost is lost but I'm downloading the leak that is becoming official and start fresh.

I also noticed that I have changed the email of my blackberry id, and I cannot restore my data from backups because it detect them as done with a different blackberry id. So now to use my backups I have to change back my blackberry id with the old address. I find it stupid, probably was better the password protection of BB7 backups files.
    10-18-13 04:28 PM
    Watch for your application permission... the handset might be to blame but apps can do similar damage.
    10-18-13 07:23 PM
    My email seems to delee my email randomly. I don know if it's based on time but it sucks to find all your email gone

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 07:27 PM
    Watch for your application permission... the handset might be to blame but apps can do similar damage.
    Can you elaborate on this?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:11 PM
    How about checking your email account settings for the sync interval. Maybe you were set to 30 days and Not forever.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:12 PM
    Can you elaborate on this?

Posted via CB10
    Apps that have certain permissions that interfere with your HUB and official fb app etc

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:22 PM
    Apps that have certain permissions that interfere with your HUB and official fb app etc

Posted via CB10
    I think I have only FB, twitter and Evernote accounts integrated in the HUB. No other app send notification in the HUB. I have skype too but I don't really use it.

What kind of permission setting should I check?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:27 PM
    How about checking your email account settings for the sync interval. Maybe you were set to 30 days and Not forever.

Posted via CB10
    The email messages are ALL gone in the hub (only email accounts that are not shown on the HUB didn't disappear). On the server side the messages gone are only the last 30 days. Hope this clear the issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:30 PM