So I ended up getting the Z10 and used link to transfer a bunch of my data from my old blackberry but the contacts didn't get transferred. What should I do? Earlier on protect would transfer the contacts seamlessly. What now?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 06:49 AM
    Did you download the new release of Link that was posted last night? It was supposed to fix that issue...

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 06:56 AM
    Yeah I think so because after I installed it, it gave me the option to update and I did that.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 07:04 AM
    This is a common bug that's been discussed all over this forum...a quick search should get you the details you need. here's a summary
    - update to the new link and it should work
    - transfer contacts via bluetooth
    - download inTouch from app world and install on both devices.
    Good luck.
    fulcrum777 and Just Me like this.
    02-20-13 07:15 AM
    The new Link version did not fix transferring contacts from a BBOS 7/7.1 backup. Contacts still don't show up after restore.
    Just Me likes this.
    02-20-13 07:19 AM
    The new Link version did not fix transferring contacts from a BBOS 7/7.1 backup. Contacts still don't show up after restore.
    That's crappy, that was one of the main reasons for the update.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 07:30 AM
    Yup crappy indeed since that was my understanding of that update.

Ok just to clarify did you do a full restore? What's worked for some is restoring the address book only...
    Using link, click on the device, click options (top right of screen), on the left then hit restore, legacy folder should appear on the center of the screen, hit the down arrow and from the drop down list just choose the address book. Just wanna make sure you've tried that.
    Such a pain I know...
    02-20-13 07:38 AM
    So I ended up getting the Z10 and used link to transfer a bunch of my data from my old blackberry but the contacts didn't get transferred. What should I do? Earlier on protect would transfer the contacts seamlessly. What now?

Posted via CB10
    Pair your phones via blue tooth. Then on your old phone choose your phone in the blue tooth menu and an option to transfer contact is there.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 09:43 AM
    Why don't you use the device transfer wizard on BB7, save to the SD card and load to the Z10

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 09:54 AM
    I tried the blue tooth transfer thing but only the first contact which is a useless one transferred over.

Tried the link legacy restore thing with only contacts selected but that didn't work either.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by snaqvi91; 02-20-13 at 10:45 AM.
    02-20-13 10:19 AM
    This is so frustrating the battery life is way too short as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 01:48 PM
    This is so frustrating the battery life is way too short as well.

Posted via CB10
    Lots of threads on this and many suggestions such as turning off LTE, blue tooth and NFC, as well as using the charger that came with it, not an older BlackBerry charger.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 01:50 PM
    Download the inTouch app from app world. It's free and I used it on another bb10 to get the contacts to tfr.
    Ditto to the post above me. Using old BlackBerry chargers won't give u optimal batt life. Best to use what was shipped with the device.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 03:43 PM
    Download the inTouch app from app world. It's free and I used it on another bb10 to get the contacts to tfr.
    Ditto to the post above me. Using old BlackBerry chargers won't give u optimal batt life. Best to use what was shipped with the device.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I'll look into it. I did use the provided charger and it seemed to charge faster and today it seems like it's holding the charge longer but then I haven't used it as much today. Let's see.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 04:11 PM
    I've tried every method including the app. Sometimes I get some, sometimes I get one! But never all of them. So I'm thinking of manually adding the ones that are missing.
    Places like Rogers and Best Buy Mobile have machines to transfer contacts BUT when I inquired, they said the machines are not ready to do BB10 yet...hopefully soon.

Speaking of battery life, I've had my Z10 for just over two weeks now and I have to say the battery life has dramatically improved. It's to the point where I'm totally satisfied with it...but it sure didn't start that way.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 05:11 PM
    I've tried every method including the app. Sometimes I get some, sometimes I get one! But never all of them. So I'm thinking of manually adding the ones that are missing.
    Places like Rogers and Best Buy Mobile have machines to transfer contacts BUT when I inquired, they said the machines are not ready to do BB10 yet...hopefully soon.

Speaking of battery life, I've had my Z10 for just over two weeks now and I have to say the battery life has dramatically improved. It's to the point where I'm totally satisfied with it...but it sure didn't start that way.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same problem. Right now the app is stuck at 101 out of 144 contacts. Let's hope it gets all.

How long did it take for your battery life to get better.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 05:20 PM
    I would say about a week to see my battery life improve. Also, I don't use LTE anymore because I've heard that helps.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:04 PM
    Again...as in another post...gotta be smarter than the phone.
    02-23-13 10:46 PM
    Your contacts need to be in the 'default' category on your old device. If in anything else they won't transfer

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 12:32 AM
    Your contacts need to be in the 'default' category on your old device. If in anything else they won't transfer

Posted via CB10
    How so you do that.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 01:18 AM
    Go into your contacts options and see what you have under contact lists. If you have more than the "default" list, merge them into the default list. Then go to advanced options and make sure your default contact list is "default".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-24-13 02:26 AM
    Just type them in. You can weed out the 94% that you never use.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 04:39 AM
    I had a problem with my contacts and email accounts not transferring over from my Torch. I've tried restoring everything (from the legacy backup, of course), and just select items (such as the address book on its own) but nothing worked....until I manually added my email and facebook accounts on the Z10. Once I did that I ran the restore, and everything went through fine.

So, if nothing seems to be working, manually add your email accounts first; then try the restore.
    03-04-13 11:48 AM
    Another point to remember is email specific address books. I had been mistakenly saving all of my contacts on my Bold 9700 to my Gmail address. So when I upgraded to the z10, I got my contacts back by attaching my email address.

Check that and also try the suggestions in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 11:58 AM
    I've tried every method including the app. Sometimes I get some, sometimes I get one! But never all of them.
    A new version of IntouchApp is now released with lots of fixes. Check if it works for you now.
    03-04-13 01:00 PM
28 12