I've done all my research (which I shouldn't have had to do), and Sprint has confirmed that it is not supported.

My Blackberry 10 smartphone is pretty buggy and understandably so, because it is still a very new software. And it doesn't have a host of popular apps, which we all know why.

Nevertheless, in light of all this, I still decided to buy my Q10, because I figured I could compromise all these disadvantages and manage side-loading Android apps, in the hope of getting a fully functional solid phone, but it seems that I can't even get all the basic modern "smartphone" features, that have nothing to do with things outside of their control (like the almost impossible task of getting ppl to develop for your platform). Blackberry couldn't even ensure that their end product has all the features independent of the carrier. I should know before I'm buying a phone whether group texting or visual voice mail is supported, but there are so many things that are carrier dependent, it's ridiculous.

it's not like that for the iPhone. an iphone is pretty much an iphone, whether it's from Sprint or Verizon. If Blackberry can't control the product that their end user gets then they are basically letting carriers screw over their brand. My thing is, yes Blackberry many never get the kind of app store that Apple has, but it should have compensated for that by giving me a better phone. Sprint offers them both for the same price, so at this point, there is really no reason to buy the Q10. (other than the keyboard, the iphone gives u more for your buck overall)

I know that Blackberry was disappointed about sales, but I'm not. I don't know why they would even want to sell a sub-par product, and further drag their name in the mud. To those who were waiting, there is no reason to buy a Blackberry from Sprint. They already made us wait for ages, and then couldn't even provide a functionality that is on all the other smartphones they sell. I'm not sure whether to change phones or change carriers. What's sad is, I shouldn't have to make that choice. I'm really pulling for Blackberry, but this is honestly disappointing.
    09-12-13 04:17 PM
    If visual voicemail isn't supported that's not BlackBerry's fault, that's on Sprint. Others are using VVM just fine.

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    09-12-13 04:25 PM
    As stated above, this is not up to Blackberry. However, double check just in case. Go to the Call screen (select phone icon on bottom left). Swipe down from the top of that screen, and select Settings. Is there no Visual Voicemail option there? That's where I had to set it up initially on my phone.
    09-12-13 04:45 PM
    As stated above, this is not up to Blackberry. However, double check just in case. Go to the Call screen (select phone icon on bottom left). Swipe down from the top of that screen, and select Settings. Is there no Visual Voicemail option there? That's where I had to set it up initially on my phone.
    No, there is no visual voice mail option there. And Sprint has already confirmed that there is no visual voicemail for Sprint.

That is silly to keep saying that "it's not Blackberry's fault". I already conceded that there were some things that BlackBerry couldn't control, like the bugginess and deficiency of apps, but this is something they should have been able to especially knowing that their brand is on the line. Both Apple and Samsung were able to get Sprint to support vvm on their phones.

Posted via CB10
    amnan.pahamin likes this.
    09-12-13 04:59 PM
    I hate to say this but I get the feeling that your carrier doesn't like BlackBerry. Based on your experience and others they aren't in the business of promoting BlackBerry. Thank god I am on Bell and have visual VM

On the fast Z10
    09-12-13 05:08 PM
    No, there is no visual voice mail option there. And Sprint has already confirmed that there is no visual voicemail for Sprint.

That is silly to keep saying that "it's not Blackberry's fault". I already conceded that there were some things that BlackBerry couldn't control, like the bugginess and deficiency of apps, but this is something they should have been able to especially knowing that their brand is on the line. Both Apple and Samsung were able to get Sprint to support vvm on their phones.

Posted via CB10

Complain to Sprint. And the phone is in no way buggy. Others BlackBerry's on other carriers have it. But not Sprint. So take it to them.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    Attachment 201070
    09-12-13 05:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Then it is sprints fault, because there is VVM on BlackBerry 10. I have it on rogers and other have it as well

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.200
    09-12-13 05:15 PM
    The phone is in no way buggy???

That's hilarious!!! I've never had such a buggy device in all my years of having a smart phone.

That said, it sounds like Sprint didn't load their BB10's with *something* that supports VVM. Definitely a Sprint foul up. VVM works on my Q with TMO. Of course, it, like everything else on this phone, had some bugs, but I think they seem worked out in the latest release.

So I agree with you that BB10's launch was absolutely FULL of bugs, but the lack of VVM on the OP's phone is entirely Sprint's fault.

Posted via CB10
    SpirytSista likes this.
    09-12-13 06:19 PM
    The phone is in no way buggy???

That's hilarious!!! I've never had such a buggy device in all my years of having a smart phone.

That said, it sounds like Sprint didn't load their BB10's with *something* that supports VVM. Definitely a Sprint foul up. VVM works on my Q with TMO. Of course, it, like everything else on this phone, had some bugs, but I think they seem worked out in the latest release.

So I agree with you that BB10's launch was absolutely FULL of bugs, but the lack of VVM on the OP's phone is entirely Sprint's fault.

Posted via CB10
    Oh. But not all of us got it at release time. But it is my fault. The phone isn't buggy ANYMORE. Lol. Totally forgot about random reboots (and then some) that got fixed with updates.

09-12-13 06:36 PM
    yeah, i've always been #teamBlackberry, but some ppl on here are blindly delusional, almost worse than Sheeple. like seriously. how can u say that it isn't buggy at all?

Anyway. Most ppl that try to buy a Blackberry from Sprint will only walk away with a negative view of Blackberry. If Blackberry just wants to say "it's not our fault", then go ahead, see how far that takes them. Luckily I'm willing to give Blackberry another chance, so I'm switching carriers.
    09-13-13 01:10 AM
    yeah, i've always been #teamBlackberry, but some ppl on here are blindly delusional, almost worse than Sheeple. like seriously. how can u say that it isn't buggy at all?

Anyway. Most ppl that try to buy a Blackberry from Sprint will only walk away with a negative view of Blackberry. If Blackberry just wants to say "it's not our fault", then go ahead, see how far that takes them. Luckily I'm willing to give Blackberry another chance, so I'm switching carriers.
    The updates have really fixed major problems. That's why I can say that. My Z10 is bug free.

09-13-13 01:20 AM
    yeah, i've always been #teamBlackberry, but some ppl on here are blindly delusional, almost worse than Sheeple. like seriously. how can u say that it isn't buggy at all?Anyway. Most ppl that try to buy a Blackberry from Sprint will only walk away with a negative view of Blackberry. If Blackberry just wants to say "it's not our fault", then go ahead, see how far that takes them. Luckily I'm willing to give Blackberry another chance, so I'm switching carriers.
    Good! Then you can enjoy visual voicemail. You know, the option that every other carrier has. Also, whomever says any device is bug-free is sadly incorrect. However there ARE those that have devices that have so few problems that they give the impression of being bug-free. The only true bug I've encountered on my Z10 is the voicemail password refuses to save.
    Last edited by Reubechs; 09-13-13 at 02:23 AM.
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    09-13-13 02:05 AM