I'm not talking about seconds, I'm talking all the way up to 16 mins of a delay (the most I've seen so far), on EAS and Gmail.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    That's really bizarre. My Gmail and Outlook arrive simultaneously on my pc and z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:40 AM
    Check the sync interval on advanced settings, maybe you have it set to long, I have 5 min for some of my accounts and 30 min for the less important ones.

And set push to on if available, maybe you have it off
    10-08-13 11:41 AM
    What's everyone's days to sync set at? I'm at 30 days on Exchange, and 90 on Gmail.

I should also note that when I put my Gmail to Forever, it took 3 days to pull down my entire gmail Inbox over WiFi (8 yrs of email), and the indexing and polling completely crashed my device. Almost as if it was too much for the OS to poll, check for new mail, index, etc....

So I'm curious if the amount of email, coupled with my sync interval, may be causing the delay...

10-08-13 11:41 AM
    I'm not talking about seconds, I'm talking all the way up to 16 mins of a delay (the most I've seen so far), on EAS and Gmail.

I agree, that's not good at all. It's almost like your account settings somehow changed and turned push "off", and is set to poll instead.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:42 AM
    No issues here on my Z10, often getting email seconds before I get it on my PC, if not before then no longer than 5-10 seconds after.
    10-08-13 11:49 AM
    When did you get your Gmail account? They no longer offer push to free users as of the first of the year I think.
    10-08-13 11:52 AM
    When did you get your Gmail account? They no longer offer push to free users as of the first of the year I think.
    That's something different, that's exchange connections to Gmail, where BlackBerry uses IMAP idle which is push. The delays also occur on my EAS account as well as mentioned above.

10-08-13 11:55 AM
    What's everyone's days to sync set at? I'm at 30 days on Exchange, and 90 on Gmail.

I should also note that when I put my Gmail to Forever, it took 3 days to pull down my entire gmail Inbox over WiFi (8 yrs of email), and the indexing and polling completely crashed my device. Almost as if it was too much for the OS to poll, check for new mail, index, etc....

So I'm curious if the amount of email, coupled with my sync interval, may be causing the delay...

Mine are set to 30. I had Gmail at 90, but it changed to 30 after I rebooted and I never reset it. I had the same fear with "forever".. so I'm avoiding that one!
    10-08-13 11:57 AM

My Exchange is set to "forever". But I only keep about the last 6 months in my inbox. I archive anything older, and the z10 does not sync the archive folder.

I say "about" 6 months because I archive when I think about it. Sometimes as much as 8 to 10 months will pile up before I might think about it and do the archiving - clearing out anything older than 6 months.

At the moment, the inbox has just over 700 emails and the sent items are just over 300. I usually clear out unimportant emails as I get them.

On initial setup, like when I last updated the 10.2 OS to 1767, all the emails and over 200 contacts were all in place within 10 minutes of setting up the account.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 12:01 PM
    My Exchange is set to "forever". But I only keep about the last 6 months in my inbox. I archive anything older, and the z10 does not sync the archive folder.

I say "about" 6 months because I archive when I think about it. Sometimes as much as 8 to 10 months will pile up before I might think about it and do the archiving - clearing out anything older than 6 months.

At the moment, the inbox has just over 700 emails and the sent items are just over 300. I usually clear out unimportant emails as I get them.

On initial setup, like when I last updated the 10.2 OS to 1767, all the emails and over 200 contacts were all in place within 10 minutes of setting up the account.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm...when I did "Forever", it pulled down 400k+ emails, 8000 contacts, so it took just a bit longer

10-08-13 12:08 PM
    After I read this thread I did a small comparison between my Bold 9900 and Android phone.

I quickly configured my BlackBerry for the same gmail address registered on my Android (4.1.2). I waited for about 15 minutes for the registration to take effect (I got a registration email immediately), then sent an email from my desktop Outlook exchange account, to the gmail address.

I got the email in a little under 1 minute on my 9900 (take into account the time it takes for the actual email to travel from my desktop Outlook, through to Exchange and then get processed outbound).

As of 18 minutes later, still no led or notification on my Android. (yes, I checked and auto sync on my Android gmail is enabled).

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong here as I am not an expert in how to properly set up "gmail" on Android, or configure it for optimal email delivery. But what I did here is a basic out of the box set up, and clearly pre-BB10 BlackBerry gets internet email (gmail in this case) in almost real time. As the Apple fans like to say, it just works.

To top it off, the Android has service from Rogers and my 9900 is on a lower end economy provider. This doesn't surprise me now, as I have on occasion sent my girlfriend emails to her Android gmail account, and she is totally unaware when or if they arrive.
    10-08-13 12:14 PM
    Oddly enough, I have my phone set as manual update with push disabled for all 5 of my email accounts, and yet on my Outlook account, I receive the email before my computer gets it. Not too sure what's up with that.
    But in any case, when I actually had the refresh at the lowest with push enabled, I always got emails on par with my computer. Additionally, my friend has an iPhone 5 and on the mass emails we both receive, I always get mine first.
    10-08-13 12:19 PM
    Hmmm...when I did "Forever", it pulled down 400k+ emails, 8000 contacts, so it took just a bit longer

Yeah. Seems like it would.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 12:25 PM
    hmmm , don;t know where your problem is

I just e-mailed my self on hotmail from my laptop, rogers accnt, on the office internet connection ( a Bell resller) , the red lite was flashing in about 3 seconds. My phone is on my rogers data plan. Can't get any faster than that.

replied with cc to naother rogers acct ... and gmail ... and despite a few reloads, refreshes on rogers and gmail web mail, took 6 and 8 min to show up.

repliyng to hotmail, and gmail, showed instantaneous on my z10 but slower on webmail apps.

So I think the diff is all on the mail servers, if the email is pushed out the Z10 gets it.

what it looks like anyway
    10-08-13 12:47 PM
    I've used bb10 devices from the first day they were available worldwide.
    I've had 5 days total where it's totally let me down and needed a restart to get sync going, with no warning.
    Not acceptable for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:18 PM
    I feel ya!

I've used bb10 devices from the first day they were available worldwide.
    I've had 5 days total where it's totally let me down and needed a restart to get sync going, with no warning.
    Not acceptable for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 03:21 PM
    My email works fine on my z10. I use Outlook.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 04:11 PM

My main Gmail (IMAP) account is set to "forever", approximately 4,500 messages going back to 2004.
    Secondary Gmail account is set for 30 days. Approx. 200 messages.
    Outlook.com (EAS) account set to "forever", approximately 1,500 messages
    Company email account (EAS) is set to forever, for about 6,000 messages going back to April 2013.

Edit: The sync interval is set for 5 minutes on the Gmail accounts. N/A for the EAS accounts.
    10-08-13 04:15 PM
    My main Gmail (IMAP) account is set to "forever", approximately 4,500 messages going back to 2004.
    Secondary Gmail account is set for 30 days. Approx. 200 messages.
    Outlook.com (EAS) account set to "forever", approximately 1,500 messages
    Company email account (EAS) is set to forever, for about 6,000 messages going back to April 2013.

Edit: The sync interval is set for 5 minutes on the Gmail accounts. N/A for the EAS accounts.
    And you have no problems with delayed email? Granted, I have several hundred thousand more emails that I'm syncing, but just curious based off of those settings.

10-09-13 01:44 AM
    And you have no problems with delayed email? Granted, I have several hundred thousand more emails that I'm syncing, but just curious based off of those settings.

I have no problems at all with delays, on official or leaked OS versions. As I noted in my first post on this thread, my Gmail (via IMAP) arrives on my Z10 before my iPhone and my desktop via Outlook. My company (EAS) messages arrive on my iPhone first, my Z10 a split second later, then in Outlook on my desktop.

You're syncing several hundred thousand emails? Wow. Really Wow!
    Even if those were split among several accounts, you have to be pushing, if not exceeding, the limits of your server(s). If I recall correctly, MS Exchange has a practical limit of 1GB per mail account. You must be way over that.

Has no one suggested this could be your problem, during your chats with BlackBerry?
    10-09-13 07:13 AM
    I have no problems at all with delays, on official or leaked OS versions. As I noted in my first post on this thread, my Gmail (via IMAP) arrives on my Z10 before my iPhone and my desktop via Outlook. My company (EAS) messages arrive on my iPhone first, my Z10 a split second later, then in Outlook on my desktop.

You're syncing several hundred thousand emails? Wow. Really Wow!
    Even if those were split among several accounts, you have to be pushing, if not exceeding, the limits of your server(s). If I recall correctly, MS Exchange has a practical limit of 1GB per mail account. You must be way over that.

Has no one suggested this could be your problem, during your chats with BlackBerry?
    I don't have the emails set to sync Forever as I previously tried that and made the phone unstable. 90 days on gmail, and 30 EAS.

10-09-13 09:16 AM
    Just did another test. BB 9900 received gmail in 51 seconds from clicking send in Outlook. Android phone, nothing 5 minutes later. I forced a sync and then was notified of new email.

Same yesterday, and actually I never received the email to my Android even though auto sync is set up, IMAP enabled in gmail and all is set up accordingly.

BlackBerry push email, it just works. hehe
    10-09-13 09:54 AM
    Just did another test. BB 9900 received gmail in 51 seconds from clicking send in Outlook. Android phone, nothing 5 minutes later. I forced a sync and then was notified of new email.

Same yesterday, and actually I never received the email to my Android even though auto sync is set up, IMAP enabled in gmail and all is set up accordingly.

BlackBerry push email, it just works. hehe
    You realize we're talking about OS 10 and not BBOS

10-09-13 10:07 AM
    I do.. and was just trying to show a comparison in mail delivery time between BBOS and a rival platform, also since you had mentioned that your BlackBerry used to be the first to receive(assumed you were referring to your pre-BB10 device).

Anyway, sorry, I know I might have gotten a bit off the topic.
    10-09-13 10:57 AM
    I do.. and was just trying to show a comparison in mail delivery time between BBOS and a rival platform, also since you had mentioned that your BlackBerry used to be the first to receive(assumed you were referring to your pre-BB10 device).

Anyway, sorry, I know I might have gotten a bit off the topic.
    No worries, but you're right and more to my point, wanted to convey that in BBOS, email delivery (mostly due to BIS), was unbeatable.

10-09-13 11:02 AM
53 123