My BlackBerry used to be the first device to receive email, now it's the last. I'll hear the chime on my iPad, look to the left and see the Lock Screen light up on my iPod, then hear the Mac Mail new mail notification, in the other room, then 5-10 minutes later, depending on how my Berry is feeling that particular day, the LED starts to blink. Today, is one of the bad days, as I'm waiting on an email that came in at 900pm to show up....

I know, I know...first world problems, right? But hey, some of us were used to actual push email on legacy devices and have a job where up to date email is really a necessity...we've sacrificed email functionality for...well...this.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    bobauckland and rai187 like this.
    10-07-13 11:06 PM
    My BlackBerry used to be the first device to receive email, now it's the last. I'll hear the chime on my iPad, look to the left and see the Lock Screen light up on my iPod, then hear the Mac Mail new mail notification, in the other room, then 5-10 minutes later, depending on how my Berry is feeling that particular day, the LED starts to blink. Today, is one of the bad days, as I'm waiting on an email that came in at 900pm to show up....

I know, I know...first world problems, right? But hey, some of us were used to actual push email on legacy devices and have a job where up to date email is really a necessity...we've sacrificed email functionality for...well...this.

I find that Outlook on my computer will chime with new mail, and perhaps 1-10 seconds later my BBQ10 will go off. Sometimes my BB is first. Of course, my PC is connected via Ethernet and my phone only via a spotty Wi-Fi signal, so I expect that might change with LTE on.

What is your email provider? Mine's with Outlook.com.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 11:10 PM
    G-Mail and Corporate Exchange. On LTE and WiFi in Los Angeles. Signal strength not a problem.

Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-07-13 11:11 PM

I know I am going to sound negative but it's time to move on. BlackBerry isn't what it used to be with Bb10.

My primary driver is still 8900. I am going for Good For Enterprise on iPhone very soon as my company isn't going to upgrade to BlackBerry 10 server. It is just simple to let user BYOD.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1767
    10-07-13 11:13 PM
    I wonder when it would come in on Android and Windows Phone? Got any of those kicking around?
    10-07-13 11:50 PM
    I wonder when it would come in on Android and Windows Phone? Got any of those kicking around?
    The Droid I have at work to test on was receiving instantly, sometimes before the iOS devices. Don't have a Windows phone lying around anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-07-13 11:51 PM
    I know I am going to sound negative but it's time to move on. BlackBerry isn't what it used to be with Bb10.

My primary driver is still 8900. I am going for Good For Enterprise on iPhone very soon as my company isn't going to upgrade to BlackBerry 10 server. It is just simple to let user BYOD.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1767
    Yep, you sound negative, but I see no reason to "move-on" myself. Everyone has their preference.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:19 AM
    Cut backs

Q10 10.2.0.1725 thanks BL Team
    10-08-13 01:23 AM
    Yep, you sound negative, but I see no reason to "move-on" myself. Everyone has their preference.

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying your preference is a step backwards in regards to push email delivery?

10-08-13 01:24 AM
    I'm not sure what he was saying but what I am saying is that I would consider switching to any phone with a non-physical keyboard for work a major step backward for communication and productivity.

I don't have issues with my either of my work email accounts with push timing...

Maybe not for everyone but Loving my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:51 AM
    BB10 has actually gotten me used to the idea of not having a BlackBerry around.
    I used to compulsively check my legacy devices, I had custom alerts set up for each account, I'd get immediate alerts on email and I could always respond to people first because I committed to BlackBerry.
    Read receipts, proper push, and fast and quick and dependable text editing, those were some of the things that set my BlackBerry apart, and people knew it.

With BB10, the email is pathetic. The sync happens sometimes, sometimes it doesn't.
    I got for a day or so sometimes without realising nothing is syncing, until I restart the phone.
    Random OS problems needed a format, setting up accounts again was a PITA.
    The LED apps need to run as active frames, and have less colours.
    Less dependable text editing by far.

Now I've grown used to just not being able to respond to my email quickly on my phone, and others have come to expect that of me too.
    It's a shame, but this BlackBerry is far less efficient and productive for me than any other device I've owned, including Android, though I do use Gmail as my primaries.

BB10 makes me believe with the next upgrade I can make it on a non BB phone, and surely that's the worst possible thing for the new BlackBerry devices to do.
    10-08-13 01:58 AM
    guys i get my email instantly :S and i have no problems
    10-08-13 02:12 AM
    guys i get my email instantly :S and i have no problems
    Same here. I've even held conversation with someone via email. No considerable difference thank texting

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-08-13 02:23 AM
    I find this strange as well. My Z10 gets my e-mail most of the time before my computer at the office. Same with my Playbook. As I run 2 businesses communication is key for me. BlackBerry has never let me down.
    Rocking with my Z10......
    10-08-13 02:33 AM
    Are you saying your preference is a step backwards in regards to push email delivery?

EAS supports push, and that's what I use. I believe IMAP does also.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 02:52 AM
    Phone goes off before Outlook on Exchange 2010 using a Z10. Interestingly, this wasn't the case before I moved from Exchange 2007 where it came in to the Z10 after the event.
    10-08-13 02:56 AM
    My Gmail (via IMAP) arrives on my Z10 before my iPhone and my desktop via Outlook. My company (EAS) messages arrive on my iPhone first, my Z10 a slpit second later, then in Outlook on my desktop. Aside from acknowledged & occasional Gmail server-side issues, I've never had a problem with the two-way sync on any of the devices.

I'm darned happy with the BB10 email experience. Not 100%, but it works better for me than any other platform. (And I have literally tried them all.)
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 10-08-13 at 10:33 AM.
    10-08-13 07:39 AM
    Sometime my BlackBerry is first. Sometimes it's last. It's fine for me. Since BlackBerry now contacts email like any other device, I think it will be sometimes faster, sometimes slower. It can't always be one or the other.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:11 AM
    I find my PlayBook gets the emails a bit faster talking about 1 sec or less , I don't know if that is an issue for some
    However, i had the sync issue a couple of times, i had to restart my z10 and emails appear. Those were Gmail accounts. I am running the 10.1.4181 os.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:18 AM
    My work email hits my computer first, but then the Z10 chimes, maybe, a half second later. My phone's on LTE, syncing via EAS, while the computer has the direct line to the server.

Seems pretty fantastic to me. Are we really going to quibble over a matter of seconds?

Compare that to what I got on my 9800 having to use BIS to get my office email over OWA (which also meant no ota contact and calendar sync). I had to wait on the BIS 15 minute polling period (then 5 minutes if an email was there, until nothing is there and back to 15 minutes). My office had dumped BES years ago so that was never an option.

My home email however is still polled. I have IMAP, but my ISP apparently hasn't enabled push on their system.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 10:10 AM
    My work email hits my computer first, but then the Z10 chimes, maybe, a half second later. My phone's on LTE, syncing via EAS, while the computer has the direct line to the server.

Seems pretty fantastic to me. Are we really going to quibble over a matter of seconds?

Compare that to what I got on my 9800 having to use BIS to get my office email over OWA (which also meant no ota contact and calendar sync). I had to wait on the BIS 15 minute polling period (then 5 minutes if an email was there, until nothing is there and back to 15 minutes). My office had dumped BES years ago so that was never an option.

My home email however is still polled. I have IMAP, but my ISP apparently hasn't enabled push on their system.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not talking about seconds, I'm talking all the way up to 16 mins of a delay (the most I've seen so far), on EAS and Gmail.

10-08-13 10:28 AM
    Something be wrong then.

Just as an idea, turn off mobile data and leave on wifi and see what the delay is. Then try the other way round.

Typed on and then corrected by my Z10. http://geekphreek.com
    10-08-13 11:03 AM
    http://www.sent.com/?STKI=11515337

I get emails right away using sent.com

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:25 AM
    Something be wrong then.

Just as an idea, turn off mobile data and leave on wifi and see what the delay is. Then try the other way round.

Typed on and then corrected by my Z10. http://geekphreek.com
    Have done that. I promise you I've done every piece of troubleshooting on my end possible. Only thing I can do is to continue to send logs to BlackBerry support and wait for them to come up with an answer, but after a month, nada.

10-08-13 11:29 AM
    My Z10 on 10.2.0.1767 gets email, 4 accounts, very quickly. And like another poster mentioned, while sitting at my desk at work many times the email appears on my Z before the laptop which hosts my primary email client.

I, for one, would hate to go back to the old BIS push where it may be up to 15 minutes for polling.
    10-08-13 11:35 AM
53 123