I have to say that, for me, the biggest thing that slows me down using BB10 is the fact that the HUB does not always start at the full HUB accounts listing.

And I don't see why this is the default behaviour, since they could easily make the last thing you were working on always be available in the pane on the right (see image below). When the last thing you were working on is in the left pane, its easy to quickly return to your work with a single press.

The current behaviour slows me down when I get a notification and want to quickly check what it is with one hand. However with the current system, I end having to do a lot of right-swiping to back out to the main account view to see what's going on.

Anyone else find the current implementation a recurring time waster?

My biggest BB10 productivity issue-img_00000613.png
    clickitykeys likes this.
    10-29-13 07:26 PM
    I was talking to someone at BB and they said they are looking at changing the Hub default behaviour
    southlander likes this.
    10-29-13 07:37 PM
    Its not annoying enough for me to complain about however I agree that the hub should always come up first.
    If I've checked Email, I prefer for it not to load up the inbox when returning to the hub. I should always
    see the hub first. MY $0.02
    10-29-13 07:44 PM
    Yes.
    The hub is one of the biggest flaws for BlackBerry 10 for me.
    Anyone work out how to view personal folders in emails yet?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:54 PM
    They don't need to change it, they need to give us the option to change it. Because some people want their devices to be optimized for certain things (ex mass messaging, hundreds of emails at a time etc) and other people have other needs (ex. Talking to the same person all the time).

Right now I think it's more optimized to the latter... they should give us options to increase swipe sensitivities, animations, hub default, and performance settings. If I don't want that annoying new hub feature (swiping L to go to next message in hub) then I should be able to turn that off.

Everything should have an option to turn it off and on. That's the one thing that irritates me is that I have unneeded features that I can't turn off to improve performance.

Love you BlackBerry, but gimmi some customization here!!

(dare I bring up holster profiles?)

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, mithrazor and mnc76 like this.
    10-29-13 08:12 PM
    Yes.
    The hub is one of the biggest flaws for BlackBerry 10 for me.
    Anyone work out how to view personal folders in emails yet?

Posted via CB10
    Click on the title-bar of the Email account when the INBOX is loaded up in the hub.
    A drop down will let you pick specific user folders. Works for YAHOO I assume it works
    for GMAIL as well.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    10-29-13 08:13 PM
    It works the other way for me, I do a lot of messaging and business on my phone and many times through out the day I'll have to go check something or copy then paste something, which I'd need to then return to the message/email/text/bbm/document I was working on.

I do understand your point of view, but also think it would be very annoying if every time I went back the message I was in was closed.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    djsvet and Richard Buckley like this.
    10-29-13 08:25 PM
    I agree hub needs to be changed or have the option for it. I would prefer for it to automatically go into the list mode. where it shows all your accounts. then when you leave the hub and return it is back in the list mode again.
    10-29-13 08:36 PM
    As it was discussed before, the best would be to have option to set specific time after which the Hub goes to basic view

Because it makes sense to stay in the last opened thing when for example you are working on somenthing in other app but need to look from time to time for something in your email. In this case it is useful.

But if you receive a message after 2 hours from your last Hub activity, it is really annoying that you goes directly to some old opened message and have to swipe your way back to basic view
    SDTRMG likes this.
    10-29-13 09:10 PM
    Good points from everyone!

So far, it seems like most people would prefer to see the full account list when they open the HUB. However, I agree that there should be an option for both (hub account list vs. current method): then those that like the current behaviour won't lose their preferred workflow.

Glad to hear BlackBerry is looking into this.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:48 PM
    If you're running 10.2, the BlackBerry Hub icon on the homescreen always brings you to the hub messages (not the listing on the far right but the consolidated inbox).

Not exactly what you're looking for, but it might be better than what you're currently stuck using because you'll at least see the new stuff that's come in.

A suggestion would be that if you don't normally use the unified inbox (and simply filter to your other accounts), only turn on the accounts you get the most from (likely email, text and BBM) to show in the Hub.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    10-29-13 09:52 PM
    Or at least give us the option to change it.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 10:46 PM
    I have to say that, for me, the biggest thing that slows me down using BB10 is the fact that the HUB does not always start at the full HUB accounts listing.

And I don't see why this is the default behaviour, since they could easily make the last thing you were working on always be available in the pane on the right (see image below). When the last thing you were working on is in the left pane, its easy to quickly return to your work with a single press.

The current behaviour slows me down when I get a notification and want to quickly check what it is with one hand. However with the current system, I end having to do a lot of right-swiping to back out to the main account view to see what's going on.

Anyone else find the current implementation a recurring time waster?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000613.png 
Views:	1057 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	215502
    What you find that slows you down is what I find the best productivity feature of this OS - you always get back to where you left off.
    For example, you are typing an email and you need to go to the browser for aa second. From the browser, just swipe up/right and you continue typing your email.
    If it was working like you suggested I would have to go to drafts and hit edit or whatever (more steps).
    If you had worked with iOS or Android for a while you probably expect it to be like that. However, many many years ago, smartphones were acting like BB10 today - you get back to the app where you left off as long as you hadn't closed it, much like a PC.
    Sadly, the masses prefer to be lazy and don't try to remember where was what so the idea of "start from scratch" become very welcome.
    Hence I say iOS and Android damaged the smartphone as such and turned it to "grandmother's smartphone" who doesn't remember to close apps and such.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    SDTRMG and drkpitt like this.
    10-29-13 11:26 PM
    One of the first suggestions I remember seeing on here about BlackBerry10 is giving the users more control over the flow of the hub. Would be a good thing.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-29-13 11:29 PM
    Also one suggestion to you:
    I now remember that in the first week I was going back and forth with the hub sub menus until I tunned down what I want to see in the HUB

I saw in the screenshot you have BBM selected, so this might help you. Instead of going to BBM, just have your BBMs show up in the HUB (top list) and use only/primary. That's actually the point of it.

For example: I make lots of phone calls so I choose to have those separated in the phone app only, and everything else goes in hub - 2 email accounts, text and so on. This way I don't have to switch between categories. Unnecessary notifications don't show up in the hup, like app updates and FB.

I hope this helps.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    mnc76 likes this.
    10-29-13 11:36 PM
    What you find that slows you down is what I find the best productivity feature of this OS - you always get back to where you left off.
    For example, you are typing an email and you need to go to the browser for aa second. From the browser, just swipe up/right and you continue typing your email.
    If it was working like you suggested I would have to go to drafts and hit edit or whatever (more steps).
    If you had worked with iOS or Android for a while you probably expect it to be like that. However, many many years ago, smartphones were acting like BB10 today - you get back to the app where you left off as long as you hadn't closed it, much like a PC.
    Sadly, the masses prefer to be lazy and don't try to remember where was what so the idea of "start from scratch" become very welcome.
    Hence I say iOS and Android damaged the smartphone as such and turned it to "grandmother's smartphone" who doesn't remember to close apps and such.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Yes, I feel this is a problem with the way email is accesed via the HUB. I feel it would be better to allow a back button in the email composition screen that allows one to back out of an email composition that is in progress (but not yet saved/sent). Right now, the only way to return to the HUB account-list from the email composition screen, is to cancel the email or first save it as a draft.

This means you can't have an unsaved/unsent email in the right pane (see the pane where it says "Last thing you were working on" in the image.)

I would love to be able to:

1. Work on an email

2. Switch to the browser

3. Return to HUB account list (and see a sliver of the email I was working on on the right pane)

4. Click the right pane, and then have the email I was working on slide back and be just where I left it...
    OR
    Allow me to check another notification before returning to my email.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 12:52 AM
    Also a note on terminology :

I may have been referring to the list of accounts (see left side of the image) as the "HUB".

However others have meant the 'universal inbox' when referring to the "HUB" (which makes sense since it is labeled "HUB" in the account list).

Will look up the official terminology.
    Last edited by mnc76; 10-30-13 at 01:13 AM.
    10-30-13 01:00 AM
    I agree hub needs to be changed or have the option for it. I would prefer for it to automatically go into the list mode. where it shows all your accounts. then when you leave the hub and return it is back in the list mode again.
    Yeah. The "list mode" is what I meant by the "HUB account list". Though, technically, the "HUB" may refer to the 'universal inbox'.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 01:23 AM
    If you're running 10.2, the BlackBerry Hub icon on the homescreen always brings you to the hub messages (not the listing on the far right but the consolidated inbox).

Not exactly what you're looking for, but it might be better than what you're currently stuck using because you'll at least see the new stuff that's come in.

A suggestion would be that if you don't normally use the unified inbox (and simply filter to your other accounts), only turn on the accounts you get the most from (likely email, text and BBM) to show in the Hub.

JB

I think my terminology may have been wrong, but what I meant to say was that I'd like to return to the "list of accounts".

It would be great to be able to customize what you return to though, whether it be "where you were last", "account list", or "universal inbox / HUB".

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 01:27 AM
    I think my terminology may have been wrong, but what I meant to say was that I'd like to return to the "list of accounts".

It would be great to be able to customize what you return to though, whether it be "where you were last", "account list", or "universal inbox / HUB".

Posted via CB10
    I knew what you were talking about, which is why I said "I know that's not exactly what you were looking for." It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing, and likely the best you're going to get for now.

Unfortunately for now it looks like it's not customizable, but at least being able to snap to the unified inbox is better than being stuck in an inbox you don't need to be - the Hub at least will show you your new notifications.

JB

10-30-13 03:48 PM
    It works the other way for me, I do a lot of messaging and business on my phone and many times through out the day I'll have to go check something or copy then paste something, which I'd need to then return to the message/email/text/bbm/document I was working on.

I do understand your point of view, but also think it would be very annoying if every time I went back the message I was in was closed.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    I agree with this.

I don't want it to default back to the main hub screen.

I actually like the fact that I can leave the hub in an attachment I opened in an email, swipe to home screen, open BBM, go back to hub and its still where I left it.

Posted on a Post-It!
    SDTRMG likes this.
    10-30-13 05:04 PM
    I agree with this.

I don't want it to default back to the main hub screen.

I actually like the fact that I can leave the hub in an attachment I opened in an email, swipe to home screen, open BBM, go back to hub and its still where I left it.

Posted on a Post-It!
    What I would like to see is very very close to this.

However, in my 'ideal' setup, the attachment I had open (using your example) would sit in the sliver pane on the right when I go back to the HUB. This way I could either click the sliver and return to my attachment (exactly where I had left off), but I could also have the option of checking other accounts in the HUB-account-list.

As it stands now, I would first have to finish working with my attachment before I can check my other notifications from the HUB-account-list. For me, this breaks my 'multitasking workflow', since I have to finish what I was working on in the attachment before addressing my most recent notification.

10.2's toast notifications help a bit with this issue.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:18 PM
    I think you should submit this feedback to BlackBerry directly.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    mnc76 likes this.
    10-30-13 07:42 PM
    I think you should submit this feedback to BlackBerry directly.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Will do.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:58 PM
    Someone else on the forums made this suggestion and I love it.

Add this option to the Hub settings:

Return to Hub or Priority Hub
    * Immediately (ie it always go back to Hub when you do the peek into Hub)
    * In X minutes
    * never (how it is now)

Personally I'd probably set it to "1-2 minutes".
    10-30-13 08:27 PM
26 12