I did a security wipe of my other Z10 the other night, after I switched it off from BBProtect. Then went through setup and skipped adding a BBID. I think it's ready for D-Day. I have a leftover Q10 and another Z10 in the same state. Just putting them all on the charger now once and a while so they stay alive. Using one of the Z10s still as a bedside alarm clock. I think they are ready, for whatever comes next. Probably end up in a pile with my Playbook, Windows98 machine, Commodore64 and other such stuff.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-10-21 09:35 PM
    I did a security wipe of my other Z10 the other night, after I switched it off from BBProtect. Then went through setup and skipped adding a BBID. I think it's ready for D-Day. I have a leftover Q10 and another Z10 in the same state. Just putting them all on the charger now once and a while so they stay alive. Using one of the Z10s still as a bedside alarm clock. I think they are ready, for whatever comes next. Probably end up in a pile with my Playbook, Windows98 machine, Commodore64 and other such stuff.
    All you need now is to install Yalp:

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_47.apk

And keep this handy:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0
    iixclusive likes this.
    06-10-21 10:18 PM
    What happens to PlayBook after the shutdown? I don't think it can be wiped without BBID. Is that right?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-21 07:03 AM
    What happens to PlayBook after the shutdown? I don't think it can be wiped without BBID. Is that right?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it will be toast without BlackBerry infrastructure.
    06-11-21 08:14 AM
    I guess the only way to get some use out of it would be to never shut down or reboot so that BBID won't come up. I wonder if staying connected to WiFi will be of any benefit.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-21 08:06 PM
    Ha. Unfortunately, with the wipe I now no longer have the CB10 app on my Z10 so I'll have to login to CB using browser or get the apk over via Wi-Fi.
    06-11-21 09:21 PM
    Ha. Unfortunately, with the wipe I now no longer have the CB10 app on my Z10 so I'll have to login to CB using browser or get the apk over via Wi-Fi.
    The CB10 bar is in conite's repository - see link above.
    06-11-21 09:55 PM
    The app is on the list.
    06-11-21 11:08 PM
    The bar file is available.
    06-12-21 06:41 AM
    I guess I should have been clearer.

I am aware that bar and apk files are available. The point I was (poorly I guess) trying to make is that now that I just wiped that Z10, I can't just open the CB10 app on it and follow the url. Without the BBID, I also can't just go to BlackBerry World. I also no longer have other apps and tools on the Z10 that I used to use like GhostCommander and LocalBar2. It's not the end of the world. There are just other steps I now need to do that I was more easily already pre-set up for with the Z10 before I wiped it. The best thing about BB10 in this situation for me, is that I can just use the onboard built in file sharing capabilities to easily get some files onto it.
    06-12-21 06:53 AM
    I guess I should have been clearer.

I am aware that bar and apk files are available. The point I was (poorly I guess) trying to make is that now that I just wiped that Z10, I can't just open the CB10 app on it and follow the url. Without the BBID, I also can't just go to BlackBerry World. I also no longer have other apps and tools on the Z10 that I used to use like GhostCommander and LocalBar2. It's not the end of the world. There are just other steps I now need to do that I was more easily already pre-set up for with the Z10 before I wiped it. The best thing about BB10 in this situation for me, is that I can just use the onboard built in file sharing capabilities to easily get some files onto it.
    If you've clicked on the spreadsheet before you'll find it in your Google Drive under shared files. Remember, you will need the file on your computer to sideload onto a BB10 device.
    06-12-21 07:15 AM
    ...Remember, you will need the file on your computer to sideload onto a BB10 device.
    ...or one will simply need the bar file on another device also running LocalBar2 (eg: like on my Playbook, which I think still has a copy of LocalBar2 on it, assuming LocalBar2 method still works). But yes, in order to get something like the bar file for LocalBar2 installed on a BB10 or a Playbook device in the first place, I'd normally use a PC. The BB10 file sharing only helps to get apks onto the Z10, which then allows for them to be installed directly from the device itself.
    06-12-21 07:25 AM
    Yalp sign in does not work on my Passport nor the Classic. What am I doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-21 10:26 AM
    Yalp sign in does not work on my Passport nor the Classic. What am I doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Keep trying with your own account. It will work.
    06-14-21 10:36 AM
    Keep trying with your own account. It will work.
    It doesn't even go on that account page where I can enter manually

Posted via CB10
    06-14-21 10:38 AM
    It doesn't even go on that account page where I can enter manually

Posted via CB10
    Download Yalp version 0.47

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_47.apk
    06-14-21 11:09 AM
    Thanks. It signed in but there is nothing showing in the store front under categories.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-21 11:53 AM
    Thanks. It signed in but there is nothing showing in the store front under categories.

Posted via CB10
    Just search for what you want.
    06-14-21 12:04 PM
    Excellent!!!
    Should be a link of some sort to send you a beer/joint/shawarma/etc
    06-14-21 03:18 PM
    Just search for what you want.
    Thank you Conite. Now that it is functional found a working apk for tunein radio. Thanks a bunch!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-21 12:34 PM
    I recently started using my Z30 as an MP3 player, and I’m up to about 8 gb of music on it so far. The experience has brought forth nostalgia, and excitement. I’m ready for the new onward mobility blackberry. I have a feeling it will make me switch over from apple. Blackberry features are just too good to pass over.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-15-21 08:24 AM
    I recently started using my Z30 as an MP3 player, and I’m up to about 8 gb of music on it so far. The experience has brought forth nostalgia, and excitement. I’m ready for the new onward mobility blackberry. I have a feeling it will make me switch over from apple. Blackberry features are just too good to pass over.
    So you have a BlackPod.... Many here have repurposed older devices to try and keep using them.

But Onward Mobity isn't going to offer a BB10 device. And it doesn't look like it will have any BlackBerry software at all on it.

I understand all those KEYone and KEYtwo users that need something "updated", looking forward to OM getting a device to market.... just for the keyboard. But you mentioned a Z30 and having Apple device.... what is "too good to pass" that you think is coming?
    07-15-21 10:25 AM
    Ironically, you're ready and Onward Mobility isn't close to ready if ever.

You do realize the only BlackBerry you're getting if the device makes it out alive is a sticker....
    07-15-21 11:55 AM
    I still have a Playbook with stand charger, makes a great bedside clock with alarm, great sound playing music, take notes, Show photos! Right! I'd guess the calendar function works independent too?
    09-30-21 07:36 AM
    The playbook serves as a half decent digital photo frame, although to do that I had to purchase FilesAndFolders, to keep the screen from turning off.
    dmlis likes this.
    10-08-21 05:33 PM
37 12