Hi

In the music player I have about six albums that, in spite of the information being correct in the mp3 properties, shows as an "unknown album".

This annoys me slightly as I like my music collection to be all nice and organised. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens or how to fix it?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 03:56 PM
    It goes like that because either you illegally downloaded music from YouTube or what not, if you have music you bought say from iTunes or BlackBerry World, then everything will be correct and you will have album cover art

Posted By Doofenschrmitz
    06-03-13 04:32 PM
    Are the music files on your device or micro sd?

Edit: nevermind, that shouldn't really matter. Just see if they have ID3 tags using iTunes/MediaMonkey
    06-03-13 04:49 PM
    I have the same problem, half paid for, half not but the problem is for both. Also some paid ones are from iTunes though most are from BlackBerry World.

Is there any way to change the properties using a program on pc or even an app??

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:15 PM
    Hi

In the music player I have about six albums that, in spite of the information being correct in the mp3 properties, shows as an "unknown album".

This annoys me slightly as I like my music collection to be all nice and organised. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens or how to fix it?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    For now, though painful, you can make playlists by artist or genre but it takes a long time. I'm in the same problem as you

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:17 PM
    Music -why do some albums shown as "unknown"-2013-06-03-16.30.59.png

Posted By Doofenschrmitz
    06-03-13 05:31 PM
    06-03-13 06:14 PM
    All the music on my device is fully paid for, I am not a fan of piracy or any of that shenanigans. I also have an iPod and all the music on there is indexed etc perfectly so it can't be the ID3 tags.

All my music is stored on my SanDisk card. I've used the same card for about 18 months. I do remember having this problem on my 9900 but not to this extent though.

The play list idea sounds like a goer for now

Thanks everyone

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 01:07 AM
    Thanks finallybb, I'll have a look at that editor

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 01:08 AM
    The tags may be in ID3v1 format, while the device reads ID3v2 format or vice versa.
    06-07-13 12:25 PM
    I have the same problem and I'm able to edit the tags using my computer which the files eventually sync to my phone through Link. The problem is that somehow, the music player does not seem to reindex the files. Wonder if there's a way to push that...
    01-10-14 11:58 PM
    I have the same problem, half paid for, half not but the problem is for both. Also some paid ones are from iTunes though most are from BlackBerry World.

Is there any way to change the properties using a program on pc or even an app??

Posted via CB10
    You can change the information on iTunes for most songs. Some won't allow it, but from personal experience 99% of the songs I've tried have worked. Just go to iTunes, find the song in the music library, right click, select "Get Info", then select "info" tab, and all the options appear: Artist, Album Artist, Album, Album cover, genre, track Number, etc. They would have to be in the iTunes library though. I have a few songs that I had on the iTunes library and later I moved them to my phone, so the details belong to what I last had it while under my Music folder on the PC.
    01-11-14 01:08 AM
    My microSD has 58Gigs of music, 99% was transferred when I first got the phone and this music shows up correctly. Remaining music was added months later, all of this 1% show up as unknown. Some of this includes new music from existing artists folders (new Arcade Fire album included into artist folder , new NIN album). Music is organized by artist then album name.

All music was ripped using CDs and WMP.

I'm guessing that I used Link the first time and drag and drop for the second transfer.

Is using Link the answer to fix this issue?

Rogers Z10-stl100-3, 10.2.0.429
    01-12-14 12:39 PM
    My microSD has 58Gigs of music, 99% was transferred when I first got the phone and this music shows up correctly. Remaining music was added months later, all of this 1% show up as unknown. Some of this includes new music from existing artists folders (new Arcade Fire album included into artist folder , new NIN album). Music is organized by artist then album name.

All music was ripped using CDs and WMP.

I'm guessing that I used Link the first time and drag and drop for the second transfer.

Is using Link the answer to fix this issue?

Rogers Z10-stl100-3, 10.2.0.429
    I would think that if the music is properly tagged, it should not matter how the music is copied to the device. The tags certainly should stay intact when drag/drop is used.
    01-12-14 01:24 PM
    In reply to "The CA7arac"'s comment that the albums won't show up if they are "illegally purchased " let me say that I purchase all my albums, music ect on BlackBerry World and some still show on my music list as generic panels with titles like "other artist" or "unknown artist" so it's not a result of an "illegal " purchase as the only answer.
    01-12-14 01:54 PM
    I've had this issue since the 10.2.1 update on my Z10. Never had this before the update. Has something changed with the way the Music player reads ID3 tags in MP3 files? My files are all fully tagged with album art and have no issues being ready by other music devices/players. Very frustrating. Half of my library is showing up as "Unknown".
    02-09-14 08:11 AM
    I'm having the same problem as well with album names not showing up, also with artist's names showing as unknown. I've deleted the music on my Z10 and copied the music through windows explorer straight to the sd card, copied with sync using itunes, and copied with sync using windows media player as the library. My music shows up fine in all of the libraries on my computer but not on my Z10.

I went into iTunes and converted all songs' ID3 tags to the highest version and transferred again but no change. Before 10.2.1 no matter how I put music files on my Z10 they'd always show up fine. Does anyone have any ideas about the index file? I'm guessing the transferring part is fine because even when I just copy and pasted my music over it still came up the same in my Z10. I'm going to try a higher music.bar file and see if it fixes anything.
    04-01-14 02:51 PM
    Download an app called "cover grabber". Once you insert name of song and album, it finds the cover for it. Save it and make a folder for that song. It will recognize after

Posted via CB10 on my Zee-Tree Zero!
    04-01-14 04:17 PM
    Download an app called "cover grabber". Once you insert name of song and album, it finds the cover for it. Save it and make a folder for that song. It will recognize after
    Thanks but seems like a lot of work and I'm not quite sure what that would accompish. All of my music files have their artwork, details, even lyrics attached to most of them, and yet the details do not show up. From the songs that I've tried it seems most of the covers copied over in the sync, but a MAJORITY of the songs synced to my Z10 have unknown in the artist and album field. Also after deleting all of my music and re-syncing multiple times today there are a bunch of folders in my music folder on my Z10 that I can't get rid of now. Any other suggestions?

And in case anyone is wondering I downloaded just the new mediaplayer.bar and installed it but the problems still exist.
    04-01-14 06:45 PM
    I had the same problem and ended up re-writing all my ID3 tags to the MP3 files and copying them back over. I have no idea why that was needed, but it fixed the issue. Painful though as I had to revisit my entire collection and make sure all the tags were re-written properly. Very strange.
    04-04-14 07:13 AM
    Maybe most of your tracks are illegally download.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 07:17 AM
    What does that have to do with the ability to read ID3 tags? I had issues on MP3s ripped from CDs that I own.

Please...
    04-04-14 07:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    That has nothing to with anything. I hope your not resposible for anything critical in life.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using CB Forums mobile app
    04-04-14 07:32 AM
    As I said, maybe. LoL.

Anyways, all my purchased tracks from Beatport, trackitdown, and artist websites shows all their covers. The only tracks shows unknown for me are the promo/private tracks from soundcloud and artist.
    04-04-14 07:54 AM
    I had the same problem and ended up re-writing all my ID3 tags to the MP3 files and copying them back over. I have no idea why that was needed, but it fixed the issue. Painful though as I had to revisit my entire collection and make sure all the tags were re-written properly. Very strange.
    Yeah I converted my ID3 tags all to the same type on iTunes but it didn't make a difference. Neither did updating to the 10.3 mediaplayer bar. Could you tell me what you used to redo all of your tags?

As I said, maybe. LoL.
    Anyways, all my purchased tracks from Beatport, trackitdown, and artist websites shows all their covers. The only tracks shows unknown for me are the promo/private tracks from soundcloud and artist.
    I'm pretty sure whatever I downloaded as a teenager from Kazaa has been replaced. I used to buy cd's from walmart's online store because they were mp3's and DRM free and I'm pretty sure it's those tracks that have been affected. I thought that since I re-converted the ID3 tags using iTunes that it would have fixed the problem but no luck.

Thanks everyone for your advice though.
    04-04-14 02:03 PM
34 12