Hey guys,

I'm on BB10 with a Passport, using the default music app.

I store music on my SD card, which works great. I recently copied an album to the SD card, as per usual, closed my music app and reopened it. The album wasn't recognised. Weird, because it's a non-protected MP3 album, no different to any other album on the phone. I then copied the album, and moved it to the local drive (Passport's own storage). Still it wasn't recognised. I tried playing the files - they play just fine, in File Manager or Browser. And then I tried a completely different album - copying it to the SD card and seeing if it was recognised - and it worked just fine.

Any ideas why the BB10 music player is only recognising some MP3 files, and not all of them? Have you had this issue?

Thanks for any help!
    JK
    05-02-15 05:01 AM
    Obviously it's a problem with those new MP3s. Could be a tag or filename issue.

On my 9900 sometimes the phone wouldn't play files that had certain non-alphanumeric symbols in the filemane or the id3 tag. Not saying bb10 has the same issue, but worth a look.

Download a program called mp3tag. It's awesome for working with tags, embedding album art, and other good stuff.

Posted from my non-camera BlackBerry Classic
    anon(9396619) likes this.
    05-02-15 06:32 AM
    Like kvndoom says I think there is an issue with the metadata for those files. BB10 has had issues with special characters in the past. Took me a while to clean up my library after years (now decades!) of accumulating files. I use WinAMP on a PC for editing; but there are many options. Any special characters should be edited out; see if that helps. One special character in one files metadata can confuse an entire directory/album. If all else fails try re downloading the files from another source if possible. I have had no problems since cleaning up all my library of files about 7 or 8 OS builds ago so I'm not sure if the problem is resolved or if my library is just cleaned up!

/Love to listen to music on Z10
    //64 GB SD is just big enough!
    Last edited by glamrlama; 05-02-15 at 08:57 PM.
    anon(9396619) likes this.
    05-02-15 08:40 PM
    Thanks guys, will do!
    05-02-15 08:57 PM