The music collection on my phone is mostly driven by static playlists. The default behaviour of the BB10 Music app is to show for each playlist the cover images from the first four songs in the playlist. That doesn't do much for me, I'd rather have a different custom image displayed for each list, images that I provide.

As an experiment, I tested simply creating a custom image, naming it to match one of the playlists and placing it in the same folder as the playlist. Unfortunately the phone's music app did not display it.

Would you know if there is a way to associate a custom image with a playlist so that the BB10 Music app will display the custom image?
    03-03-13 11:13 AM
    In the interest of full disclosure: I did do another experiment where I created a custom image, split it into four chunks, created four zero-length dummy songs, put each image chunk into a dummy song, then added the four dummy songs to the top of a playlist. And yes, the Music app displays the recombined image properly. But it was an insane amount of effort -- I don't want to have to repeat it for my 250 playlists; nor would I like having four dummy songs at the top of each playlist. So I'm hoping there's a better way.
    03-03-13 11:23 AM