Mupen64+ Release Version 1.1.6

Installer:
    Mupen64Plus-BB-1_1_6_1.bar

ChangeLog:
    • Bug fixes
    • Added some HDMI settings that allow you to select the resolution (sort of) and play the video only on the HDMI display
    • Added a setting to disable screen stretching. This setting is really only a suggestion and will be ignored if a touchscreen controller needs to be displayed overtop of the video and sometimes by the OS/video libraries.
    • "Landscape" controller layout for Q devices. Analog stick and start button appear on-screen and the rest of the buttons need to be mapped to the keyboard. It's not really landscaped only rotated to look like it is so minimizing the app is still done by swiping away from the keyboard and openning the menu is done by swiping away from the top of the device.

The new settings were tested mostly using the gles2rice video plugin. Some of them will only work with the rice plugin and some may give unexpected results with gles2n64.
    First of all I just wanted to say thanks for all you been doing. I would like to ask you if you could make one more "button layout " where the analog stick can be change with the rotating stick and the yellow buttons with the 3 buttons, blue, green and the Z.. what I mean is switch the two moving buttons with each other and the yellows with the other 3. The reason is because those are the one that been used more and it's little more difficult like it is right now and because it makes the screen les visible due to your hand staying close to those buttons, thanks in advance and hope you understood what I meant.. excuse my English.

Posted via CB10 App
    06-03-14 10:01 AM
    Mupen64+ Release Version 1.1.6
    ChangeLog:
    • Bug fixes
    • Added some HDMI settings that allow you to select the resolution (sort of) and play the video only on the HDMI display
    • Added a setting to disable screen stretching. This setting is really only a suggestion and will be ignored if a touchscreen controller needs to be displayed overtop of the video and sometimes by the OS/video libraries.
    • "Landscape" controller layout for Q devices. Analog stick and start button appear on-screen and the rest of the buttons need to be mapped to the keyboard. It's not really landscaped only rotated to look like it is so minimizing the app is still done by swiping away from the keyboard and openning the menu is done by swiping away from the top of the device.
    Wow, cant thank you enough Great work!

I just tested the emulator for 30min with different roms and the new layout works really well! love it for games like mario 64 that really need the accuracy of a analog sticks. Thanks for integrating the new control options.

Hope you dont mind a few further ideas
    • keyboard only control mode and keyboard/touchscreen share the same keys, would love if those could be configured seperately.
    • would be nice to save the emulator configuration per game. For example i use different layouts and configuration for several games. (Mario64 keyboard/touchscreen, MarioKart keyboard only, and so on )

Original Aspect Ration is only possible if you dont activate onscreen buttons at the moment? Will this change in the future?

Anyway, thank you very much for improving this great emulator! Its a shame its not possible to put it up on the app world
    06-03-14 10:28 AM
    I would like to ask you if you could make one more "button layout " where the analog stick can be change with the rotating stick and the yellow buttons with the 3 buttons, blue, green and the Z.. what I mean is switch the two moving buttons with each other and the yellows with the other 3. The reason is because those are the one that been used more and it's little more difficult like it is right now and because it makes the screen les visible due to your hand staying close to those buttons, thanks in advance and hope you understood what I meant.
    Mock up how you would like it to look in Paint or something similar and PM it to me. That's the easiest way for me to see how you would like it to be.

• keyboard only control mode and keyboard/touchscreen share the same keys, would love if those could be configured seperately.
    • would be nice to save the emulator configuration per game. For example i use different layouts and configuration for several games. (Mario64 keyboard/touchscreen, MarioKart keyboard only, and so on )
    Some of the video settings are saved on a per ROM basis but that doesn't really work very well. It's on my todo list to tear apart how the settings are being stored and redo it which would make this possible.

Original Aspect Ration is only possible if you dont activate onscreen buttons at the moment? Will this change in the future?
    Yes, you can't have any touchscreen buttons for it to work and yes it may change in the future but I don't know when.
    06-03-14 11:15 AM
    I'm confused. Which emulators are on BlackBerry 10 and which aren't? I thought retroarch was on it then Libretro told me on Twitter that it isn't there yet and it's being worked on.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 01:27 PM
    Thanks for this emulator though! As soon as I get a compatible gamepad I will download!

Speaking of which, anyone know what the lowest cost compatible gamepad are? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 01:27 PM
    I'm confused. Which emulators are on BlackBerry 10 and which aren't? I thought retroarch was on it then Libretro told me on Twitter that it isn't there yet and it's being worked on.

Posted via CB10
    Retro Arch isn't on BB10 in an official capacity from Libretro himself, no. The version we've been using lately was compiled by a dev using the open source code, and then updated by another dev recently after the project stood stale for over a year.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 01:54 PM
    Mock up how you would like it to look in Paint or something similar and PM it to me. That's the easiest way for me to see how you would like it to be.
    What's a PM? You can add me on BBM maybe? Pin:24DE5668

Posted via CB10 App
    06-03-14 07:42 PM
    What's a PM? You can add me on BBM maybe? Pin:24DE5668

Posted via CB10 App
    PM means Private Message.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 08:53 PM
    PM means Private Message.

Posted via CB10
    How can I Private Message him? I'm on CB10 BlackBerry 10 App

Posted via CB10 App
    06-04-14 05:58 AM
    Need to do it from the website. CB10 app doesn't support Private Messages yet to my knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 07:38 AM
    Can you just make it so the input layouts can be customized? Would make things so much more better

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 09:23 PM
    Ey travis do you have a paypal account so that we can donate for this project? Thanks

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    06-08-14 10:35 PM
    Can you just make it so the input layouts can be customized?
    The way the touchscreen controls work doesn't allow for them to be dynamically changed. To allow them to be customized would mean completely redoing the controller and that is not high on my list of things to do right now. As I've said before, if you have ideas for better controller layouts send me a mock-up of it and I will try to add it to the list of available layouts.
    06-10-14 10:21 AM
    Hi. I wanted to ask for a Button layout? I'm not good with these kind of stuff so here goes.. I wanted to ask if you could switch the position of the + pad with the ? pad... on the button side too, if that's possible meaning: the A, B , Z switching position with all the C's button.. could you please add that?? Thanks in advance.

Finally changed my CB Signature :')
    07-16-14 02:22 PM
    I don't own a pc to make a paint so you can understand

Finally changed my CB Signature :')
    07-16-14 02:25 PM
    I don't own a pc to make a paint so you can understand
    You must own a computer of some sort if you can install this app.

Here's an app that will generate the visual part of an overlay that may end up as part of the emulator at some point in time. Moving your finger around the screen moves the control that you are currently editing and you can change what your're editing in the overflow menu. Export the overlay with the button in the application menu.

Touchscreen devices only
    OverlayCreator-0_1_0_1
    07-16-14 07:36 PM
    You must own a computer of some sort if you can install this app.

Here's an app that will generate the visual part of an overlay that may end up as part of the emulator at some point in time. Moving your finger around the screen moves the control that you are currently editing and you can change what your're editing in the overflow menu. Export the overlay with the button in the application menu.

Touchscreen devices only
    OverlayCreator-0_1_0_1
    I'm done with the layout, now what? I saved it..

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 09:52 AM
    Travis, thanks for soldiering on with Mupen64Plus. I figured Squarepusher was bluffing on giving us the RetroArch BlackBerry 10 rebuild, so you're all we have for emulating fun.

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    danielsamwel likes this.
    07-18-14 11:54 AM
    Travis, thanks for soldiering on with Mupen64Plus. I figured Squarepusher was bluffing on giving us the RetroArch BlackBerry 10 rebuild, so you're all we have for emulating fun.

That's not fair. Squarepusher said the BB10 rebuild is coming with RetroArch 1.0.0.3 which hasn't been released for any platform yet.

Thanks to Travis for continuing to work on Mupen64Plus though

Posted via CB10
    00_Agent likes this.
    07-19-14 11:19 PM
    Travis, on 1.1.6.1, my Moga Pro doesn't seem to be working. Checked Input settings. Selected Gamepad, Moga Pro, but all settings underneath say Invalid. Can't map the buttons manually either. Touch any Invalid button and it immediately says Canceled. Any ideas? Mario 64 is a lot more fun with the Moga Pro.

07-20-14 10:53 AM
    Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 06:52 AM
    Travis, on 1.1.6.1, my Moga Pro doesn't seem to be working. Checked Input settings. Selected Gamepad, Moga Pro, but all settings underneath say Invalid. Can't map the buttons manually either. Touch any Invalid button and it immediately says Canceled. Any ideas? Mario 64 is a lot more fun with the Moga Pro.

I'm also having this issue and I hope this gets figured out soon. I want to play some Super Smash!
    08-20-14 03:15 AM
    I can't play paper Mario, I hope this will join into the RetroArch 1.1 that coming soon in September .

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 04:58 AM
    Thanks travisredpath!!

I have been using this for a while in my PlayBook, now it is time for my new Z30 to have it too. Going through the process of sideloading.

Thanks again for your work and support!
    09-23-14 05:54 PM
    Looking forward to upgrade, changing the layout.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 06:52 AM
101 12345