Not currently. At least not without messing up the touch screen controls in the process. The rice video plugin guys were working on pillarboxing not all that long ago so this may be easier to do once the backend gets updated.
    Thanks for the info on this. I don't have any controllers, so I have to rely only on the touchscreen. And with the game screen stretched out, my fingers on the controller buttons cover a lot of the on-screen action and is difficult for me to keep an eye on peripheral stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Chase Simpson likes this.
    04-29-14 11:30 AM
    Where can I find rom files? To play Mario 64

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 08:58 AM
    Where can I find rom files? To play Mario 64

Posted via CB10
    Please use Google, because of the particulars of copyright laws links for Roms should not be given out here. However trust me they are easy to find with a Google search

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    05-12-14 12:22 PM
    Any word if games that require expansion pack work? Ie Majoras mask, perfect dArk?

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    05-12-14 12:49 PM
    I have Majora's Mask working fine. Haven't tried Perfect Dark yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 05:36 PM
    I'm looking forward to testing both RetroArch and Mupen64 on 10.3 as soon as it's done downloading =D
    If you ever did get 10.3 loaded up here is an installer for a version with the UI tweeked for the new 10.3 layout. Note that it probably will not work with the leaked version and has only been tested with 10.3.0.442.

--URL Removed, download from link in OP--
    Last edited by travisredpath; 05-30-14 at 06:57 PM.
    05-14-14 07:01 PM
    I have Majora's Mask working fine. Haven't tried Perfect Dark yet.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure? I play Majora's mask only two hearts on start and paper Mario flash back. Not "L" and "R" keys.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 10:00 PM
    If you ever did get 10.3 loaded up here is an installer for a version with the UI tweeked for the new 10.3 layout. Note that it probably will not work with the leaked version and has only been tested with 10.3.0.442.

Mupen64Plus-BB-1_1_4_8.bar
    Hi. I wanted to ask you if you could make the buttons (layout) a life more bigger as I'm having trouble with it, especially on action gaming. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10 App
    05-15-14 06:53 AM
    Are you sure? I play Majora's mask only two hearts on start and paper Mario flash back. Not "L" and "R" keys.

Posted via CB10
    Perfect Dark freezes in startup past the initial logos. Majora's Mask freezes on the pause screen but is otherwise playable so far...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 08:55 AM
    Rumble pack? What different?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 01:44 PM
    You can set a custom virtual touch screen buttons?Playing zelda persona L and R keys cannot be used
    Hi. I wanted to ask you if you could make the buttons (layout) a life more bigger as I'm having trouble with it, especially on action gaming.
    The way touchscreen overlay works there is no way to change it when running the game. If people wanted to try their hand at creating more overlays I would add them to the emulator. I have added a duplicate of the alternate layout that fills more of the screen.

Also, I've just noticed while looking at the controller overlays that the Z button on the alternate layout is in the wrong position. It's hit area is actually about half a button width lower than where it is shown on screen. I uploaded a new build that fixes this and deprecates the 10.3 specific version. If you're on 10.3 you'll now have to restart if you change the theme but other than that everything should still be in place.

Mupen64Plus-BB-1_1_5_1
    00_Agent likes this.
    05-23-14 05:54 PM
    Thank you very much.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 12:31 AM

Mupen64Plus-BB-1_1_4_8.bar
    This version for 10.2.1.1925 still support?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 10:37 AM
    First: Thanks for this great emulator, the best native emulator that is available for bb10, as far as i know

Second - some bug reports:
    - I just upgraded to the latest version (1.1.5) and mupen is still reporting im running the 1.1.4 and that there is a update available.
    - Toggling onscreen buttons off doesnt work on the first try, you have to do it a twice for it to work.
    (tested on a q5 running latest official firmware)

Third - Ideas:
    - Option to toggle off onscreen buttons by default (if you have selected qwerty keyboard as input)
    - Option to preserve original aspect ratio (atleast on q5/10)

And last but not least, a more complex idea for the future:
    Mupen64+: An N64 Emulator for BB10-mockup.png

This is a mockup of a nice (atleast thats what i think) idea to control n64 on a q5/10 with using the touchscreen for analog control but still have the great qwerty keyboard for all digital buttons.
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 05-25-14 at 05:27 AM.
    05-25-14 04:56 AM
    The way touchscreen overlay works there is no way to change it when running the game. If people wanted to try their hand at creating more overlays I would add them to the emulator. I have added a duplicate of the alternate layout that fills more of the screen.

Also, I've just noticed while looking at the controller overlays that the Z button on the alternate layout is in the wrong position. It's hit area is actually about half a button width lower than where it is shown on screen. I uploaded a new build that fixes this and deprecates the 10.3 specific version. If you're on 10.3 you'll now have to restart if you change the theme but other than that everything should still be in place.

Mupen64Plus-BB-1_1_5_1
    Travis, I just wanted to say thank you for all you have done for Mupen64Plus for BlackBerry 10. If it wasn't for you, it would still be dead in the water. I'm taking myself off of CrackBerry so I won't be around for future updates, but if you could still keep me posted, I'll send you my PIN in PM. Thanks again!

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    00_Agent likes this.
    05-25-14 11:27 PM
    So, does Retro Arch currently have N64? If so, which is better? this or Retro Arch?

And do either or both support full gamepad compatibility and hdmi?

Thanks .

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 06:30 PM
    - I just upgraded to the latest version (1.1.5) and mupen is still reporting im running the 1.1.4 and that there is a update available.
    - Oops, that one was my bad. Forgot to update the version in the app. I downed the version it's checking against to stop the message for now. I've changed it so it now gets the version from the system instead of relying on me to set it before releasing new versions so this shouldn't happen again.
    - Toggling onscreen buttons off doesnt work on the first try, you have to do it a twice for it to work.
    - The button doesn't toggle the overlay on/off. It cycles through the available overlays. I have put some better logic into the app to tell when to show the overlay so the overlay getting in the way shouldn't be a problem after the next release.
    - Option to toggle off onscreen buttons by default (if you have selected qwerty keyboard as input)
    - See last
    - Option to preserve original aspect ratio (atleast on q5/10)
    - I've been working on this as well. It just needs some fine tuning so that it doesn't cause any performance issues.
    This is a mockup of a nice (atleast thats what i think) idea to control n64 on a q5/10 with using the touchscreen for analog control but still have the great qwerty keyboard for all digital buttons.
    - Because the Q devices don't support landscape mode that would mean manually rendering all object rotated 90�. Off the top of my head I can't think of an easy way to do that. While a neat idea, I don't see myself putting any time into this.

So, does Retro Arch currently have N64? If so, which is better? this or Retro Arch?

And do either or both support full gamepad compatibility and hdmi?
    I don't have the latest version of RetroArch loaded onto my device but version I do have doesn't support N64. Maybe this has changed since I last updated or will change with SquarePushers release, I'm not sure. This app should support any gamepad that is supported by the BB10 platform but has only been tested with a couple of them. I've been working on better HDMI support (right now it will work but it's just mirrored so you would see the controller overlay) but the Z10 tanks trying to render in higher resolution through HDMI so I'm still playing with it.
    05-30-14 07:12 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Do I need to have a computer to install it and everything? Or can I do it over the phones (Z10) browser?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 08:13 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Do I need to have a computer to install it and everything? Or can I do it over the phones (Z10) browser?
    You'll need to have a computer. There are links in the first post to guides on how to load apps from your computer.
    05-30-14 08:17 PM
    - Oops, that one was my bad. Forgot to update the version in the app. I downed the version it's checking against to stop the message for now. I've changed it so it now gets the version from the system instead of relying on me to set it before releasing new versions so this shouldn't happen again.

- The button doesn't toggle the overlay on/off. It cycles through the available overlays. I have put some better logic into the app to tell when to show the overlay so the overlay getting in the way shouldn't be a problem after the next release.

- See last

- I've been working on this as well. It just needs some fine tuning so that it doesn't cause any performance issues.

- Because the Q devices don't support landscape mode that would mean manually rendering all object rotated 90�. Off the top of my head I can't think of an easy way to do that. While a neat idea, I don't see myself putting any time into this.
    Thanks for the reply! And for the future fixes!

Didnt thought it would be that hard to rotate the rendering it really bothers me that the rotation is not available on the q devices. Sure there are not many practical uses for rotation on a square screen but it locks out some ideas. Is there a way to keep you looking into this idea? wouldnt mind donating for this feature.
    05-31-14 05:08 AM
    I've downloaded a few roms from the coolroms mobile site which work fine, such as Super Mario 64, just the second I load NHL 99, the emulator crashes. I'm on the latest build and OS 10.2.3175. Any ideas why this happens or how to fix it?
    06-02-14 09:17 AM
    Are BT controllers supported in this emulator? If they are, is wii controller working?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 09:42 AM
    I've downloaded a few roms from the coolroms mobile site which work fine, such as Super Mario 64, just the second I load NHL 99, the emulator crashes. I'm on the latest build and OS 10.2.3175. Any ideas why this happens or how to fix it?
    There appears to be an issue with box art scraping for that ROM. Disable box art scraping in the General settings page and it shouldn't crash.
    06-02-14 10:42 AM
    Is there a way to keep you looking into this idea?
    I guess the best thing to happen to get me to keep looking into it is if I stumble upon a way to do it.

Mupen64+: An N64 Emulator for BB10-img_20140602_215625.jpg
    06-02-14 05:17 PM
    Mupen64+ Release Version 1.1.6

Installer:
    Mupen64Plus-BB-1_1_6_1.bar

ChangeLog:
    • Bug fixes
    • Added some HDMI settings that allow you to select the resolution (sort of) and play the video only on the HDMI display
    • Added a setting to disable screen stretching. This setting is really only a suggestion and will be ignored if a touchscreen controller needs to be displayed overtop of the video and sometimes by the OS/video libraries.
    • "Landscape" controller layout for Q devices. Analog stick and start button appear on-screen and the rest of the buttons need to be mapped to the keyboard. It's not really landscaped only rotated to look like it is so minimizing the app is still done by swiping away from the keyboard and openning the menu is done by swiping away from the top of the device.

The new settings were tested mostly using the gles2rice video plugin. Some of them will only work with the rice plugin and some may give unexpected results with gles2n64.
    Sonic-NKT and 00_Agent like this.
    06-02-14 11:21 PM
101 1234 ...