I have found recently that when I text more than one person in a group text message, their responses come back as individual text messages instead of to the group. It used to work before. I have a Verizon Q10 on latest OS upgrade.

Posted via CB10

Edited for clarity.
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 05-20-16 at 03:51 AM.
    05-19-16 07:20 PM
    Hi,

Isn't that by design?

That's my understanding of how SMS text messaging works; you can put in a number of recipients in OS10 and send the same SMS message to them in one action, but all that's happening is that it's the same as if you were sending each one individually; each recipient gets the message, but they don't "see" it was sent to anyone else, it would only show as being sent from you / your number... and when they reply, they are simply sending an SMS back to you, and you alone.

I think you might be getting confused with something like the "WhatsApp" application? That allows "Group chats" so I understand, but it's not SMS messaging which if I've understood your post correctly, is what your referring to...?

Hope that helps.

Regards

James
    05-20-16 01:07 AM
    No, I used to be able to group text before. I don't use messaging apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 03:46 AM
    I haven't test it yet. But I can confirm on Q10 and Passport, I see a text messaging group as a Broadcast.

Did you enable "Group Conversation" when you create the sms? I see this in Compose on my Passport running the latest version.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-21-16 12:16 PM
    I haven't test it yet. But I can confirm on Q10 and Passport, I see a text messaging group as a Broadcast.

Did you enable "Group Conversation" when you create the sms? I see this in Compose on my Passport running the latest version.

Do you always have to enable group conversation? I see it but don't recall checking it in the past.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 12:51 PM
    Do you always have to enable group conversation? I see it but don't recall checking it in the past.

Posted via CB10
    Am guessing it's a yes?

I don't recall it either, so am also guessing it's a new 'feature' introduced in the recent updates.

05-21-16 02:51 PM