I have been using bb10 since it came out, one thing I was expecting to see is being able to write multiple emails at the same time. What I mean is being able to switch from one composing page to another, being able to minimise into the open app screen. At the moment as far as I am aware I have to save a draft email before starting a new one. I am writing long emails, and sometimes I have to stop and write another one before I send the first one away.
    Also there is no quick reply function for emails when notification pops up?
    Am I being the only one who feels a need for this?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 04:20 AM
    As far as I know you can do this. It's called Drafts. If you start to compose an email and exit out of it, the email gets saved as a draft and shows up as a green icon in Messages or the Hub. There's nothing that stops you from then starting to compose another email, doing the same thing (saving as a draft) and switching back and forth as needed or desired.
    05-07-14 05:56 AM
    As far as I know you can do this. It's called Drafts. If you start to compose an email and exit out of it, the email gets saved as a draft and shows up as a green icon in Messages or the Hub. There's nothing that stops you from then starting to compose another email, doing the same thing (saving as a draft) and switching back and forth as needed or desired.
    The OP knows about it.

Nope, there is only one instance of the Hub. As well as there is only one editor open at the time.

Cheers
    05-07-14 06:23 AM
    I don't understand the real difference between what you are describing and using save drafts. Even on a frigging desktop you can only type into one text box at a time.

What is the effective difference between minimize and save draft.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 06:25 AM
    I think business user need to concentrate on each email so once he finish it he can send it or save for later sending but to write many emails at same time this I don't know for what coz he will not concentrate at any mail at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 06:39 AM
    ^ yep this poster is correct. Plus writing too many emails might get Confusing If you forget which topic you were discussing because you're consumed with so much to remember.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-07-14 07:27 AM
    I don't think I expressed myself good enough.
    Imagine you are composing an email, you got to check something out in another email. Now you got to save the mail as a draft and go and look up what you had to, then come back to the draft. In my head it would be more seamless if composing email would open up as an active app on the screen. That leaves me using the hub freely. I would say this method would improve multitasking in the hub.

Makes sense?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 08:05 AM
    Yes. It makes sense. It did the first time too. I just don't see the real difference.

You have an email editor visible when editing. If you want to do something else then the email editor must become not visible. When you want to write again you have to open that editor back up visible.

I don't see the significant difference in calling it either a draft that's saved or a Window that's minimized. It's just a label thing to me.

I do kind of wish that you could simply slide your finger right to go back to the hub with out having to hit a confirmation to save or delete or cancel. That seems redundant. I most likely always will want to save it. Just do that automatically. I will delete it later if I change my mind.

I also wish there was a delete draft button in the email. As it is, I can only delete a draft from the hub.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 10:04 AM
    ... In my head it would be more seamless if composing email would open up as an active app on the screen. That leaves me using the hub freely. I would say this method would improve multitasking in the hub ...
    Hmmm. So you mean the draft/email-in-progress could be like swiped up into an Active Frame? Interesting concept.
    05-08-14 06:55 AM
    I always miss this feature from webOS. Having multiple or separate composing screen is so much better than what it is now.

Z10, STL100-1, 10.2.1.2141
    05-08-14 07:09 AM
    Hmmm. So you mean the draft/email-in-progress could be like swiped up into an Active Frame? Interesting concept.
    Finally somebody gets me!
    I am sure this idea could be developed further, I like the hub but sometimes i find myself limited to do one thing, or keep going backwards all the time to get back to the hub list.
    Sorry I'm sh*it at getting a point across....

Not being able to compose multiple emails at the same time striked me on ios, and when I moved over to BlackBerry, I was expecting this to be possible after hearing all BlackBerry's past in email revolution on a mobile.
    I cannot be the only one who would like some sort of tab s for email composing, or as Smellwhole said in active frame.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 08:12 AM
    To reference one or more email while composing a new message simply flag the messages you want to refer to. This puts them in Remember. Compose your message. When you want to read something from a different message, swipe into Remember and pull the message up.

I don't know if you can reply to email from Remember, but if you can that may be the route to composing more than one at a time. But I have to agree with the idea that you're better off working on one at a time. At least if you save a draft your changes get copied up to the server where they are safe if something happens to your phone, or just want to continue working on them from your desktop.

BB10 has a unified sharing model, and the invocation frame work that supports peek and flow. This means that a particular capability doesn't have to be built into several places.

Edit:

So you can reply to a message from Remember, and compose a message in the Hub.
    Last edited by Richard Buckley; 05-08-14 at 10:04 PM.
    05-08-14 12:33 PM
    ... BB10 has a unified sharing model, and the invocation frame work that supports peek and flow. This means that a particular capability doesn't have to be built into several places ...
    Please explain what this means. What is a unified sharing model?
    05-09-14 09:36 AM
    I know what you mean like in Webos where everything opened in its own card. What you can do is compose an email from the contacts which will be in its own active frame and reference anything from the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    Richard Buckley and rhitdoph like this.
    05-14-14 07:41 AM
    Guys...my PlayBook OS has tabbed email. I don't see why BB10 shouldn't. Would like some way to have this in the Hub.

Edit: I tried the tip on flagging and accessing via Remember. This is a good one! The issue however is that you have preemptively flag it before composing. More often than not, you realise you need info in another email WHILE in the middle of composing an email.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 11:40 AM
    I do kind of wish that you could simply slide your finger right to go back to the hub with out having to hit a confirmation to save or delete or cancel. That seems redundant. I most likely always will want to save it. Just do that automatically. I will delete it later if I change my mind. Posted via CB10
    I would just be happy if they implemented this - it would let you swipe out of the email you are composing, into another one and back again, and have it automatically save the draft.
    06-02-14 02:32 PM