I've noticed that I have multiple photos in my photo app that have been duplicated. In some cases I have 5 of each photo.

Any thoughts on why this is?
    07-20-13 05:46 PM
    I've noticed that I have multiple photos in my photo app that have been duplicated. In some cases I have 5 of each photo.

Any thoughts on why this is?
    Are you running leaked OS's?

By default the device is setup to sync your photos with BlackBerry link, I find every time I run an autoloader and then restore a backup link then syncs them again thinking they are new, so I end up with doubles and triples etc. The older the pictures is the more restores I've done since I took it, the more copies of it I have.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 05:52 PM
    Nope, not a leak.

Can't Link recognize that the files are the same and not copy over duplicates? I did do a reinstall of Windows and Link recently, then promptly reinstalled Link 3 times then finally removed it altogether as it kept locking up.
    07-20-13 06:03 PM
    Well that's probably when it happened. No link does not recognize that they are the same, if you've restored them to the device, as they are new files. And in your case I guess with a new installation of link would cause it not to know it's synced them before.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:22 PM
    I also have this issue. I realised that I have 4 or 5 times the same pictures. Everywhere. This is a proper nightmare.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 06:40 PM
    BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    10-22-13 06:55 PM
    I think the issue us coming from BlackBerry Link attempting to synchronise data but failing ie stopping mid way.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 07:00 PM
    Are you saving originals when taking HDR photos? That will create what appear to be dupes...

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 10:11 PM
    No, copies of existing photos.

For example, I had around 10 copies of the pictures (but not all, and not necessarily the same number ! ) in my home made wallpaper folder.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:09 AM
    I have had the same issue. As was stated earlier it happens when you install a new leak or reload the Link software because there is no log file left to tell Link what has already been synced. Fortunately Link just adds an underscore and 1,2,3etc to the end of the new pics. If you got into the folder and search *_1.jpg you will get a list of the first duplicates. You can then mass delete them. I do this after each new leak load. It's a pain, but the price we pay to be ahead of the crowd.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 04:47 AM
    Uh, I haven't installed any leak on my Z10.

Only official software and official Link.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 03:32 AM
    But if you installed Link multiple times it will do it also. If you haven't done that or installed the OS multiple times then your guess is as good as mine. Are the file names all the same except for the _1 or _2 etc indicating a duplicate? If they have unique file names then you have multiple unique pics and not duplicates.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 03:37 AM
    Yes, they are on _2, _3 or even _2_1 !

I removed the pictures on both my laptop and phone and re synchronise. It seems ok.

Apparently, this was due to unfinished synchronisation. Or, to be more precise, phone unplugged before the end of the sync (which can happen, especially in the first versions of Link which was pretty ubstable).

All normal now.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:50 AM