Does anyone have d number of 'Agent 47' ;-)

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-26-15 03:05 AM
    GPS + Advertising = Have your cake and eat it too.

This is not rocket science. Stop being a doormat, tell Google to F off and open up the Play store and GPS to BB10 NATIVELY, with no side loading bull**** so normal human beings can use it, LET THEM KNOW.

Build it and they will come. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I'm sure Google and all of the OHA members would be happy to throw out the entire OHA agreement for the lucrative BB10 user base.
    BigAl_BB9900 and kbz1960 like this.
    11-26-15 06:29 AM
    How much did BB 10 get promoted? If a decision is made to launch a system that is not mature and has bugs and doesn't get a full scale onslaught of constant improvements and fixes, what chance does it have? I really enjoy the flow and the hub, etc. but half *** slow improvments were not going to cut it with the world. Instead, Chen goes for an android product to push? lol . No new bb10 successor to Z30? No more BB phones for me!!! I dislike android, so why do I want an android BB? Answer: I DON'T!!!!
    Asvertus likes this.
    11-26-15 10:50 AM
    Mr Chen is doing the right thing. Money talks and BS walks.
    11-26-15 11:56 AM
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Android Lover
    11-26-15 01:26 PM
    Build it and they will come.
    History shows us that in business "building it" is not nearly enough. First there needs to be a market before you do anything. So if BB were to engineer GPS onto BB10 (which Google would not allow to stand), the total market would be a subset of the existing BlackBerry 10 users. Which is already a tiny market. The market for folks that just want apps and don't care at all about BlackBerry is huge by contrast. And the problem for BB is that that market is already fully and ably served. There is no room for them in it with BB10.

Hence you see the Priv which plays on unique hardware on a mass market OS. Which is still a niche.
    11-26-15 01:27 PM
    Simply put, Mr Chen sucks. This man has promoted the Android Priv like no other. I've seen Priv promos more than I have ever seen any BB10 devices. When BB10 dropped where was the marketing campaign? Now that they up Androids but-t crack, out of nowhere we got marketing going on? The Passport didn't even get promoted like this. I just wish Chen would say what the plans are for BB10. Is it done or are there plans for it? Let us know so we can move on. Stop dodging the questions like if this was a game of Dodge Ball. Smh.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kryngle; 11-27-15 at 07:33 PM.
    11-26-15 06:55 PM
    Simply put, Mr Chen sucks. This man has promoted the Android Priv like I other. I've seen Priv promos more than I have ever seen any BB10 devices. When BB10 dropped where was the marketing campaign? Now that they up Androids **** crack, out of nowhere we got marketing going on? The Passport didn't even get promoted like this. I just wish Chen would say what the plans are for BB10. Is it done or there are plans for it. Let us know so we can move on. Stop dodging the questions like if this was a game of Dodge Ball. Smh.

Posted via CB10
    Chen had nothing to do with the launch marketing of the Z10/BB10. That was all Heins.

Here's some food for thought. You've developed a new OS/phone. You've reached out to everyone in the smartphone app space. You've had multiple developer events. All you have to show for it going into your new product launch is:
    1. No major app/developer support
    2. Limited native app development
    3. Poor ports of Android apps which drag the phone's performance and battery down

What's your marketing strategy? Do you tell folks "Buy our platform even though it doesn't have the apps you want?" Or, what about "Our OS is great - forget about all that other stuff you do on your current phone?" Why not resurrect "Tools Not Toys?" You need an audience to market to. And don't give me that "tell people this is what they want and they'll blindly buy it" hoo-hah. It didn't work for BlackBerry post-iPhone and it wouldn't work now. Consumers aren't quite as stupid as many around here hope.

Or, do you save your money and hope to ride it out long enough to either 1) gain app/developer traction or 2) sell the company?
    kbz1960, pomidor and BCITMike like this.
    11-26-15 11:43 PM
    Worst CEO ever ever ever

Posted via the Ferrari of smartphones the LG FLEX 2
    11-27-15 02:45 AM
    Chen had nothing to do with the launch marketing of the Z10/BB10. That was all Heins.

Here's some food for thought. You've developed a new OS/phone. You've reached out to everyone in the smartphone app space. You've had multiple developer events. All you have to show for it going into your new product launch is:
    3. Poor ports of Android apps which drag the phone's performance and battery down

What's your marketing strategy? Do you tell folks "Buy our platform even though it doesn't have the apps you want?" Or, what about "Our OS is great - forget about all that other stuff you do on your current phone?" Why not resurrect "Tools Not Toys?" You need an audience to market to. And don't give me that "tell people this is what they want and they'll blindly buy it" hoo-hah. It didn't work for BlackBerry post-iPhone and it wouldn't work now. Consumers aren't quite as stupid as many around here hope.

Or, do you save your money and hope to ride it out long enough to either 1) gain app/developer traction or 2) sell the company?
    Actually consumers generally are QUITE STUPID. Spend 15 minutes in a carriers store and watch phone buyer's decision making processes and it's amazing they even made it there in the first place. There are a LOT of dumb m*****-f****** floating around, and a lot of money to be made by PLACATING them. This is not in line with BlackBerry's talents, mission or philosophy.

It's amazing how ignorant the masses are to how tech works, and the implications security breaches can have on their livelihood. Unfortunately it will have to get a whole lot worse before it gets better, and humble pie isn't popular.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 03:24 AM

My marketing strategy would have been to knowingly spend some of my millions in reserve to properly market my product to consumers and let them know that they had another (some would say superior) OS choice and that BlackBerry was still in the game. I would have spent some more of those millions in reserve to support app developers. Half-efforts, cutting corners and not playing the game the same as your competitors will not get you the result you are looking for.
    11-27-15 06:53 AM
    Dear Mr. Chen

I think you made the best move possible and the right decision at the right time regarding BB10. Now to continue to make good decisions would be to wait and pray that the BlackDroid or as you poorly named your new Flagship the Priv (Eww!), gets wide spread acceptance and popularity and perhaps the Priv 2 and after all that you need to consider re-invigorating BB10. I've used all the other three major OS'S and BB10 is the best OS I've used and swear by it. Seeing how the Priv is built like a BB10 phone why not eventually offer it with BB10 on it if not for a new option for you current loyal BlackBerry fans/users but to promote it to people who would have now realized that BlackBerry is back with the pending success of the Priv and hopefully Priv 2. People will become curious when they know you can make a great phone again and try BB10 if offered in a up to date model. I know once tried you will gain more users. Continued work should also be applied to BB10 whether it be bugs, features or the work around for apps cause if and when you try this you need to figure out the main consumer problem which is apps.

If you kill BB10 for real a little piece of me will die inside with it. Then you will be on the hook for murder 1

Posted via CB10
    pomidor likes this.
    11-27-15 08:38 AM
    #1 problem.

It's not about the OS. It's all about apps. Always has been and always will be. Period.
    11-27-15 10:29 AM
    Mr. Chen,

I don't know if you already decided if BlackBerry 10 is dead or not, maybe you are still waiting to see if selling Android devices will be a success. I am planning to buy a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition. When I bought my awesome BlackBerry Z10 all my friends, all the YouTube reviewers, all the carriers employees told me not to buy a BlackBerry device. I was very close to buy an Android device but I took a chance and bought this superb BlackBerry 10.
    Now I am in the same situation and I will buy the BlackBerry Passport SE no matter what. Your plan for BlackBerry 10 is to put it in maintenance mode. Can you please be more specific what kind of support will we get for BlackBerry 10 from now on and for how long? I know that me purchasing 1 device doesn't help your company but it would be very helpful for me and other users to know exactly what will we get from this BlackBerry 10 support.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 03:01 PM
    Mr. Chen,

I don't know if you already decided if BlackBerry 10 is dead or not, maybe you are still waiting to see if selling Android devices will be a success. I am planning to buy a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition. When I bought my awesome BlackBerry Z10 all my friends, all the YouTube reviewers, all the carriers employees told me not to buy a BlackBerry device. I was very close to buy an Android device but I took a chance and bought this superb BlackBerry 10.
    Now I am in the same situation and I will buy the BlackBerry Passport SE no matter what. Your plan for BlackBerry 10 is to put it in maintenance mode. Can you please be more specific what kind of support will we get for BlackBerry 10 from now on and for how long? I know that me purchasing 1 device doesn't help your company but it would be very helpful for me and other users to know exactly what will we get from this BlackBerry 10 support.

Posted via CB10
    Directly from BlackBerry:

"We are confirming plans to release platform updates focused on security and privacy enhancements, with version 10.3.3 scheduled to be available in early 2016."
    11-27-15 03:16 PM
    Don't you guys realize that whoever the CEO is, he's got to answer directly to major shareholders like Prem Watsa, first? It's not like the shareholders are going to let the CEO spend the cash on a hardware comeback pipe-dream. The cash reserve is part of the liquidation value of the company so if I own 10% of the company then you're spending my money. The CEO doesn't just get to walk away and say "Well, I spent all of your cash but at least I tried." That's not how it works. I'll bet Prem Watsa couldn't care less about the hardware business at this point.
    eylee likes this.
    11-27-15 03:29 PM
    Don't you guys realize that whoever the CEO is, he's got to answer directly to major shareholders like Prem Watsa, first? It's not like the shareholders are going to let the CEO spend the cash on a hardware comeback pipe-dream. The cash reserve is part of the liquidation value of the company so if I own 10% of the company then you're spending my money. The CEO doesn't just get to walk away and say "Well, I spent all of your cash but at least I tried." That's not how it works. I'll bet Prem Watsa couldn't care less about the hardware business at this point.
    That's true. When the Android BlackBerry was just a rumor I read an article about the fact that the only chance for John Chen to convince the shareholders staying in the handsets business is to release an Android smartphone. But in the same time is the CEO job to make a business plan AND SELL IT to the shareholders.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 03:41 PM
    Directly from BlackBerry:

"We are confirming plans to release platform updates focused on security and privacy enhancements, with version 10.3.3 scheduled to be available in early 2016."
    Thanks. I appreciate your post but I will upgrade to the Passport SE in the early 2016 because in this moment I am traveling with work. My question was about a longer period support, at least 2 years.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 03:43 PM
    That's true. When the Android BlackBerry was just a rumor I read an article about the fact that the only chance for John Chen to convince the shareholders staying in the handsets business is to release an Android smartphone. But in the same time is the CEO job to make a business plan AND SELL IT to the shareholders.

Posted via CB10
    And a business plan of throwing more money at an unsuccessful product with no hope of market traction is no business plan at all.
    11-27-15 03:45 PM
    And a business plan of throwing more money at an unsuccessful product with no hope of market traction is no business plan at all.
    BlackBerry 10 is a great product. The problem is that BlackBerry devices are not "hip" as John Chen said. And the lack of publicity, as I wrote on other threads.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 04:04 PM
    Please, kindly clarify to me what's the point of this whole topic? Is it where we all can share our thoughts to JC? Did something happened with the BB 10 support and further maintenance?

It is just posted via Blackberry
    11-27-15 04:20 PM
    When I bought my awesome BlackBerry Z10 all my friends, all the YouTube reviewers, all the carriers employees told me not to buy a BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    See, that's part of the problem. What right does a carrier employee, have to tell me what to buy and what to buy? Who in the world do they think they are? If I'm coming into the store to purchase a BlackBerry because that's what I decided I wanted/needed, without me asking for advice. What possess them to try to talk me out of what I've decided to purchase? They should shut their mouths and get me that BlackBerry I decided I wanted. The only things they should be asking me are "warranties, if I want a bag, and how am is my day". They tried that to me, my friends and a few family members. Punk kids trying to tell grown, educated business men and women what not to buy and what we should buy. Get the f@/k outta here and pull ya pants up. Us grown ups don't care about gaming on a smartphone. That's what a PS4 is for.

Posted via CB10
    Sir Reaper likes this.
    11-27-15 07:49 PM
    Mr Chen,

You would have failed by abandoning BB10. BB10 is still the best mobile OS out there. Don't abandon it. Also can you please update the Bluetooth software on the Z10 to the latest.

Thanks
    Mrlahjr

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    11-27-15 08:01 PM
    See, that's part of the problem. What right does a carrier employee, have to tell me what to buy and what to buy? Who in the world do they think they are? If I'm coming into the store to purchase a BlackBerry because that's what I decided I wanted/needed, without me asking for advice. What possess them to try to talk me out of what I've decided to purchase?
    I assume you reserve the right to return your chosen product if you find it isn't what you want. If so, then they do have some investment in making sure you know what you are getting. If the customer makes a poor choice and returns the device then they are penalized.
    11-27-15 08:04 PM
    Mr Chen,

Thanks but no thanks, others do Android better, I don't want Android so while it's irrelevant as losing my business won't hurt you I'm unfortunately out of here. Will use my Z30 until it dies then hello Windows Phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 10:25 PM
59 123