I've tried moving chat history from a Passport to a KEYone but have proved unsuccessful.

Here's what happened. I logged into my KEYone's WhatsApp (using my SIM and phone number from my Passport) and only realised after doing this that I wanted to move my chats over. So I went to my Passport to prepare chat history to transport it across. But the Passport decided it didn't what WhatsApp to have an available connection any more which meant I couldn't back my history to my SD card. Does this now mean it's impossible to try moving my chats across?
    06-06-17 10:32 PM
    It's not even supported bro what are you saying. You can do it, but this is not the way

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    06-07-17 12:05 AM
    Move the sim and SD card to the Passport, log back into whatsapp and hopefully the last backup will restore.

On the Passport, use the unsupported feature to create the transfer folder, which will be "Whatsapp" on the SD card.

meanwhile delete Whatsapp from the keyone *very important*

Once the process finishes on the Passport, move the sd card to the keyone, and copy the Whatsapp folder to the device storage.

move the SIM card to the keyone

re-install Whatsapp on the keyone, and go through the initial setup using the same phone number as the Passport. Whatsapp should detect the backup folder and ask you whether you want to restore.

Mine restored about 44 thousand messages.
    ruhban likes this.
    06-07-17 01:17 AM
    Thanks very much for your advice. I've tried what you said but fall down when I get to putting the SIM back into the Passport. Mobile data and everything works but WhatsApp won't recognise it and keeps telling me the Passport is no longer a supported device for it.
    06-07-17 11:38 AM
    HI I am trying to do this but whatsApp wont let me back up my chat messages to the SD card. The message part is greyed out. I can see I have 13,050 messages but the green box can not be ticked. What can I do?
    06-30-17 11:47 AM
    Somehow I managed it. YAY Took me quite a few days.
    07-01-17 07:47 AM
    HI I am trying to do this but whatsApp wont let me back up my chat messages to the SD card. The message part is greyed out. I can see I have 13,050 messages but the green box can not be ticked. What can I do?
    In case anyone is wondering, the "Messages" item is greyed out because it is always checked. There is no point in using this feature without including messages, so it won't let you do that.
    07-03-17 10:47 AM