Can I move them out of my music folder and into another?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 07:40 PM
    I've got ring tones on my device under voice. When you want to add a ring tone, pick browse music then navigate to there. This needs them from showing up in your music app.

Mike

Posted via CB10
    djdragon likes this.
    09-12-13 07:53 PM
    I've got ring tones on my device under voice. When you want to add a ring tone, pick browse music then navigate to there. This needs them from showing up in your music app.

Mike

Posted via CB10
    Would I be able to move them now that I've got them all in my music folder?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 08:00 PM
    Either use the file manager to move them where you want assuming you're on BB10 or you can hook up to a computer and drag and drop in windows Explorer.

Posted via CB10
    Henry Jr likes this.
    09-12-13 08:28 PM
    as Mike says,
    only, when you move the ringones to another folder you will need to re-assign them to your specific notifications again.

Cheers.
    09-12-13 08:41 PM
    Also at least at last test, this removes the ability to set them to individual contacts. I haven't tested in a while though.
    09-12-13 09:00 PM
    I created a folder and named it 'ringtones ' and put them all there.

I am able to select them for contacts.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 09:55 PM
    The latest update fixed this issue. So you now have the ability to choose a tone for individual contacts, if you move your ring tones from the music folder to another custom folder.
    09-12-13 09:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Me too.
    09-12-13 10:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    The latest update fixed this issue. So you now have the ability to choose a tone for individual contacts, if you move your ring tones from the music folder to another custom folder.
    Sorry folks shoulda been more clear, when put into the voice folder I couldn't select for individual contact.
    09-13-13 11:42 AM
    Sorry folks shoulda been more clear, when put into the voice folder I couldn't select for individual contact.
    When you want to navigate, Choose Browse Music, then you can navigate where you want to go.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 12:32 PM
    When you want to navigate, Choose Browse Music, then you can navigate where you want to go.

Posted via CB10

This works for me (on Q10), and all my ringtones are in the 'Voice' folder on my media card. OldSkool, did you move your ringtones to the device or media Voice folder?
    09-13-13 12:38 PM
    This works for me (on Q10), and all my ringtones are in the 'Voice' folder on my media card. OldSkool, did you move your ringtones to the device or media Voice folder?
    Will have to try again, haven't tried for quite a while. Oh and last test was on device, I haven't put a card in the device yet.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09-13-13 at 02:16 PM.
    09-13-13 12:56 PM
    I have mine on the device, only because I use my memory card as a USB drive sometimes for my computer and when I have it hooked up to the computer and in USB mass storage mode, the memory card can't be ready by the OS. This way even hooked to the computer in Mass Storage Mode all the assigned tones will work.

Mike
    09-13-13 02:07 PM
    Ty everyone

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:45 PM
    Either use the file manager to move them where you want assuming you're on BB10 or you can hook up to a computer and drag and drop in windows Explorer.

Posted via CB10
    i've been struggling with this for quite some time... there are a lot of music files and tones that i cannot see in file manager, they simply don't show up. but i can see them all in the music app. which doesn't have an option to move them to another location.. i have a z10... is this some kind of glitch? do i have to enable/disable something?
    09-13-13 09:07 PM
    i've been struggling with this for quite some time... there are a lot of music files and tones that i cannot see in file manager, they simply don't show up. but i can see them all in the music app. which doesn't have an option to move them to another location.. i have a z10... is this some kind of glitch? do i have to enable/disable something?
    Turn on US Mass Storage mode, hook your Z10 up to a PC open Windows Explorer, select your Z10 in the list and search for *.mp3. That should find all mp3 on your media card. If the ones that are in your media player still aren't found, they must be on the device directly.

Mike

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:29 PM
    Turn on US Mass Storage mode, hook your Z10 up to a PC open Windows Explorer, select your Z10 in the list and search for *.mp3. That should find all mp3 on your media card. If the ones that are in your media player still aren't found, they must be on the device directly.

Mike

Posted via CB10
    maybe i should be more clear as i don't think you understand... i cannot see some of my music files in the media manager...my music player shows about 116 files...if i go to the media manager it only shows about 24. switching to my sd card also shows about 24 which is no where near the 116 i actually have...i shouldn't have to plug it into a pc to view them in the media manager as that is why it's called "media manager".... i shouldn't be handicapped to view the files on the phone. is it like this for everyone?
    09-14-13 12:53 AM
    maybe i should be more clear as i don't think you understand... i cannot see some of my music files in the media manager...my music player shows about 116 files...if i go to the media manager it only shows about 24. switching to my sd card also shows about 24 which is no where near the 116 i actually have...i shouldn't have to plug it into a pc to view them in the media manager as that is why it's called "media manager".... i shouldn't be handicapped to view the files on the phone. is it like this for everyone?
    That's why I suggested looking for them in Windows Explorer. The Media Player will find music in many different directories where as using the File Manager, you have to know exactly where to look.

If you search and find them with Windows Explorer, then you can move them all to the music folder or the ring tone folders as you see fit.

Sorry for the confusion maybe I'm still daft and not understanding what you're looking for. If anybody understands better, feel free to jump in.

Mike

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 02:24 AM
    That's why I suggested looking for them in Windows Explorer. The Media Player will find music in many different directories where as using the File Manager, you have to know exactly where to look.

If you search and find them with Windows Explorer, then you can move them all to the music folder or the ring tone folders as you see fit.

Sorry for the confusion maybe I'm still daft and not understanding what you're looking for. If anybody understands better, feel free to jump in.

Mike

Posted via CB10
    what i was getting at was that i shouldn't have to plug it into a pc in order to move things around. (i know you can move things around within the file manager but again you can't see everything the media player has)...but anyhow, i did plug it in and created a ringtone folder in my sd card and they all still show up in the music library in a folder called "unknown"...not only that but i had a song in there that i bought from itunes and i changed the extension to mp3 and it shows the album cover but when you try to play it it then says unsupported file format....just one thing after another.
    09-14-13 07:22 PM
    what i was getting at was that i shouldn't have to plug it into a pc in order to move things around. (i know you can move things around within the file manager but again you can't see everything the media player has)...but anyhow, i did plug it in and created a ringtone folder in my sd card and they all still show up in the music library in a folder called "unknown"...not only that but i had a song in there that i bought from itunes and i changed the extension to mp3 and it shows the album cover but when you try to play it it then says unsupported file format....just one thing after another.
    Is it possible you have your music sorted by some software into albums? The Unknown could be where the software put all your music where the album was unknown.

Mike

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 02:59 PM
    Is it possible you have your music sorted by some software into albums? The Unknown could be where the software put all your music where the album was unknown.

Mike

Posted via CB10
    I don't have any other software other than the media software that plays your music that came with the z10...it divided the music in categories "a-z" "genres" "albums"... the only time i get somthing listed as "unknown" is when it doesn't recognize the artist cause it has no id tags within...by going to your "playlist" folder and the "my music" you can see the ringtones in there even if you created a seperate folder for them outside of the music folder.
    09-16-13 09:05 PM