05-24-16 12:20 PM
29 12
tools
    Anyone else do this?

I've been a longtime bb guy starting with the 857. Never had a BlackBerry 10 device, I went to the iphone 5 from my bbos7 torch and never looked back. I figured that surely apple would fix basic calendar functionality, contacts and true messaging but nothing has been done to help.

Fast forward to a co-worker getting a priv and me remembering that keyboard. I went to amazon bought a BlackBerry Classic unlocked and have been rocking this for a few weeks now. I know the OS is dead but it will serve my biz needs for a few years.

Bb10 is absolutely the best mobile experience. I mean crazy good, it's a damn shame they were too late to the dance and when they did arrive they forgot about the marketing.

Posted via CB10
    enrod87, Polt, gugomat and 5 others like this.
    04-19-16 06:36 AM
    a shame they don't market properly.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    04-19-16 07:18 AM
    Doing the exact same thing as the thread title (kinda). Have iPhone 6+ as personal and Classic as work phone.

Classic, hub, and email is so good! The native email app on iOS is a mess. I don't even use it.. (using outlook app). But I love how BlackBerry incorporated ability to delete emails from the mail server for POP. It gave a pop-up message giving me an option to do so. Seriously, that's some awesome stuff right there.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 07:52 AM
    Marketing is 50-60% of it.

Remember when the OS was launched it was too crippled and buggy. Apps were promised and never delivered. Android Apps were said to be the saviour and they definitely aren't.

Just a bunch of poor decisions that led to this demise. Sad really because I liked it OS as well. The Hub was the greatest thing ever.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-19-16 07:54 AM
    I'm with BlackBerry for years now. BlackBerry OS7, now OS10 and also testing the Priv.
    Had iPhone, OnePlus Android and always went back to OS10.
    As you said the best mobile OS experience so far.

Hope that BlackBerry will open source the whole thing to keep it alive as long as possible.

Posted via Passport running BlackBerry OS10
    04-19-16 08:51 AM
    Did I also mention meeting profile? The more I use it the more pleasant surprises! Love my Classic. Very smart.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 10:37 AM
    Agree to all. I mean look at the calendar entries with the running late, join call now, emails and files related to it how ios can't do this natively is beyond me. I've got my classic for at least another 2 years, let's see how it shakes out.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 12:47 PM
    I keep trying using my SE on a daily basis but always go back to my iPhone 6s Plus. If only there were some more standard apps like Spotify and Audible in BB World I would stay with BBOS. Priv is a pain in the ***. Don't like the hardware and keyboard is a lot worse than on my SE. But the Hub is the biggest letdown.
    04-19-16 03:58 PM
    Apple don't really have an incentive to fix calendar, email, etc, because for most Apple users if they can use Facebook and send texts, they're happy.

BlackBerry users who rely on productivity tools will, unfortunately, remain in a minority. I can't imagine trying to use email on an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    04-19-16 05:47 PM
    Absolutely love the bb10 os too

Maybe it will get sold to some company that wants to keep it alive?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 06:28 PM
    Apple don't really have an incentive to fix calendar, email, etc, because for most Apple users if they can use Facebook and send texts, they're happy.

BlackBerry users who rely on productivity tools will, unfortunately, remain in a minority. I can't imagine trying to use email on an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    iOS native email app is so bad. The Outlook app makes it feasible, but isn't better than the hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 10:56 PM
    I'm in the middle of writing a Brand Audit paper on BlackBerry for my graduate degree, and it's awesome to see at least a few iPhone users returning to BlackBerry. I'm a 'return-ee' myself!
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    04-20-16 12:22 PM
    I just sold my iPhone 6S Plus and am leaving in a few minutes to pick my Priv @VZW. Unfortunately, Verizon has not lowered the price as have ATT and others. For me, the 6S Plus is just OK. I feel more comfortable with the idea of moving to the Priv. So in an hour or so I too will be an official returnee. I know it may take a few days to a week to fully transition - but it will be worth it in the end. I am always more productive on Blackberry. That's the truth for me.
    04-20-16 12:56 PM
    I'm in the middle of writing a Brand Audit paper on BlackBerry for my graduate degree, and it's awesome to see at least a few iPhone users returning to BlackBerry. I'm a 'return-ee' myself!
    Ayy, welcome to the club! Club iPhone-to-Blackberry lol. Good luck on your paper!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 01:38 PM
    I finally sold my iPhone 6. Priv it is. Hub, email experience, and calendar are great and I've been using the physical keyboard more than I thought I would. So far, the only things that hold this device back is the lack of Visual Voicemail and the lack of being able to send short texts (automated text messages).
    Last edited by bluesqueen23; 04-20-16 at 05:49 PM.
    04-20-16 05:38 PM
    Going the opposite way. Have a SE on order to replace my Q10. First non BB phone since forever. Shame rally.
    04-20-16 05:59 PM
    I moved to an iP6s from a Z30. Using Outlook and Todoist takes care of all my professional needs. Being able to integrate my business Dropbox and GDrive accounts into Outlook without downloading the apps is awesome. My calendars are in Outlook as well. Plus with Office365 Apps it's been all good. What I do miss is the Z30's keyboard. I'm very impressed.
    04-21-16 11:21 AM
    BlackBerry 10 phones are like hidden treasure that not a lot of people know about.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 01:16 PM
    Marketing! BlackBerry should try it, maybe it will save BlackBerry 10 OS. Who knows?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 04:39 AM
    Read the SE reviews on Verizon first!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 04:44 PM
    iPhone is failing me, screen is freezing and I don't get emails when I should. Considering moving back.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 03:06 PM
    BlackBerry 10 phones are like hidden treasure that not a lot of people know about.

Posted via CB10
    actually people know of bb10 phones. it does not appeal to them.
    05-23-16 04:08 PM
    Marketing! BlackBerry should try it, maybe it will save BlackBerry 10 OS. Who knows?

Posted via CB10
    bb did market their devices. but it did not help with bb smartphones sales.
    05-23-16 04:09 PM
    I switched from iphone (about 5 years) back to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 08:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    My wish is that anything would help, but at this point I think advertising would cost them more than its worth. Look at Microsoft who is advertising and is still going nowhere (specifically windows phone).

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 12:25 AM
29 12