Hi ALL!
    After PlayMusic (google android) come to my BB10 (Z30), i found space is radical low on main phone memory.
    Googling some i found there is no way to root phone, migrate apps and data to SD-card.
    So i try next via SSH in Momentics.
    1) Copy /sdcard/Android dir to /sdcard/external_sd/misc/Android
    2) Remove /sdcard/Android
    3) Link /sdcard/external_sd/misc/Android to /sdcard/Android
    Voila got gigs of free space on the phone and utilize SD-card which wasn't used.
    Seems all fine music play, android apps working, all fine =)

P.S. Don't provide commands to keep people from damage their devices via dumb copy/pasting and etc.
    Experienced people can do it easily. Or someone provide step-by-step instructions for the mass.
    Razuberi and bennypr0fane like this.
    06-19-14 05:34 AM
    Interesting need to maybe try this
    06-21-14 08:25 AM
    Have Google music on Q10 with 10.3. Need to store music on sd card. Can you help. Can you give a brief walk-through please.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:54 PM
    Ok the helpful part of this post is the information that it *is* possible to move the Android app data to the sdcard. The non-helpful part is that there are no actual instructions about how to do it.
    First off: SSH? How do we SSH into BB10? Is it possible from a PC?
    01-16-16 06:00 PM
    Ok the helpful part of this post is the information that it *is* possible to move the Android app data to the sdcard. The non-helpful part is that there are no actual instructions about how to do it.
    First off: SSH? How do we SSH into BB10? Is it possible from a PC?
    It is possible. As the OP said, if you don't know how to do this without more detailed instructions it is possible that you could make a mistake and loose your data. Not likely to harm your device other than make it impossible for Android apps to find their data.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    01-16-16 08:04 PM
    It is possible. As the OP said, if you don't know how to do this without more detailed instructions it is possible that you could make a mistake and loose your data. Not likely to harm your device other than make it impossible for Android apps to find their data. LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    This post adds the helpful information that Android apps night not be able to find their data if we go about it wrong.
    Still no instructions. Maybe a short answer to my last question though?
    01-17-16 08:06 AM
    It may help you to know that Momentics is the QNX development environment. A free version is available for download from BlackBerry for the PC and Mac.

That one step involves a lot of other complex (especially if you haven't done software development for a mobile platform before) steps. But the documentation on how to install Momentics, attach your phone to the environment, and connect to it using SSH are all on the BlackBerry developer website. The rest of the instructions are simple command line manipulation of the file system that would be immediately familiar to anyone with command line Linux or Unix experience.

In short, if the OP isn't enough for you to know how to do it, you have a steep learning curve to complete first.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    01-17-16 08:32 AM
    In the meantime, I got slightly smarter, and found out about Momentics and QNX. I'm not a software developer (there was a time when I thought I might become one), but I have some experience using the command line in Linux, so that part should be fine as long as I find good documentation.
    That one step involves a lot of other complex (especially if you haven't done software development for a mobile platform before) steps.
    But I'm not sure which step exactly you mean by this. The one for getting the IDE up and running, or is what comes after that more complicated than firing some commands over SSH?
    I'd have an example of how it's done SailfishOS which is a degree of complexity that I can handle, but I can't link to it now because my post count is too low yet. I'll try sending you the link in PM, if I may be so bold.
    My question is: Would you say in Momentics it's more complicated than that?
    01-18-16 08:28 AM
    In the meantime, I got slightly smarter, and found out about Momentics and QNX. I'm not a software developer (there was a time when I thought I might become one), but I have some experience using the command line in Linux, so that part should be fine as long as I find good documentation.

But I'm not sure which step exactly you mean by this. The one for getting the IDE up and running, or is what comes after that more complicated than firing some commands over SSH?
    I'd have an example of how it's done SailfishOS which is a degree of complexity that I can handle, but I can't link to it now because my post count is too low yet. I'll try sending you the link in PM, if I may be so bold.
    My question is: Would you say in Momentics it's more complicated than that?
    It is your phone. If you feel comfortable doing this then go ahead.
    01-18-16 08:40 AM
    It is your phone. If you feel comfortable doing this then go ahead.
    Would you say the procedure is more complicated than what is described on the page I sent you?
    If yes, then I don't feel comfortable doing it and will resign myself to Android apps eating up all the space in device memory.
    If no, then I only need to know what exactly the procedure is in order to try it.
    Is it against forums policy to post terminal commands here?
    01-18-16 09:08 AM
    Nice info thanks for sharing
    01-18-16 09:19 AM
    Would you say the procedure is more complicated than what is described on the page I sent you?
    If yes, then I don't feel comfortable doing it and will resign myself to Android apps eating up all the space in device memory.
    If no, then I only need to know what exactly the procedure is in order to try it.
    Is it against forums policy to post terminal commands here?
    What the OP describes is a very common way, for posix based systems, of moving data storage to a different file system but allowing programs to still access the data as if it was still in its original location. That fact that you can look at a list of commands to do something on Jolla, but not recognize this, and that you seem to believe that tasks performed on computers can be graded by difficulty on a single axis together make me tend to want to descourage you. You will notice that the OP does not have a list of commands, but just a list of tasks to perform for which you will have to determine the commands. This is where the single axis difficulty assement falls appart. The Jolla task overall is more complex than this, but the Jolla example comes with the list of tasks, a list of commands to complete those tasks and a set of configuration files to use.

I'm not going to do this to any of my phones, so this will be my last word on the subject.
    01-18-16 07:52 PM
    Alright, thanks for your help!
    01-19-16 06:54 AM
    Tried it today with my Z10. The process with SSH is very simple, but I needed about half an hour to find the right place in Momentics to be able to use the SSH commands.
    Now I have plenty of free storage (now 8.4GiB vs. 2.3GiB left before). Perfect for every Z10 user with big android apps. Thanks for the tip!
    01-21-16 04:42 PM
    Thanks for this! Didn't know it was possible.

Are there any more detailed instructions available online? Would love to save some hi res Tidal tracks to my SD card
    06-12-16 07:24 AM
    Am unsure, but once ssh, could you move the folder to the SD card and create a symbolic link to the original folder?

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    06-12-16 07:28 AM
    hi is it any way to connect phone to ssh without debug token , I try it in windows ...I open a lot of page and now I am confuse...can anyone say very simple : this way don't need to debug and etc
    just need install ubuntu and use open-ssh??? thanks
    Here is some info how ssh to the phone - https://blog.bartbania.com/linux-2/d...kberry-bbos10/. Just google it.
    11-28-16 06:30 AM
    Here is some info how ssh to the phone - https://blog.bartbania.com/linux-2/d...kberry-bbos10/. Just google it.
    hi thanks
    now I connect my phone to ssh
    try to do that ...please tell me which and what cods I must type thereMove Android data to SD-card-343434.png

]
    12-02-16 09:54 AM
    hi thanks
    now I connect my phone to ssh
    try to do that ...please tell me which and what cods I must type thereClick image for larger version. 

Name:	343434.PNG 
Views:	94 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	413319

]
    Hi, here is basics of POSIX commands - POSIX Command Line

JUST WARNING!
    Try it on some *nix VM first. Do not work on phone immediately.
    Possibly you didn't brick it, but may be start recovery, which waste time and your data.
    ___
    mkdir - create destination first (mkdir -p /sdcard/external_sd/misc/Android)
    cp - copy data from source to destination, do not copy dir in dir, add trailing slash, to copy included dirs in source, not source itself (cp -a /sdcard/Android/* /sdcard/external_sd/misc/Android/)
    rm -rf - delete source INSIDE after (most dangerous, be careful), no typos (rm -rf /sdcard/Android)
    ln -s - link source to destination (here they are vice verse for now, after coping and deleting) (ln -s /sdcard/external_sd/misc/Android /sdcard/Android)

__
    First attempts on *nix - big road ahead =) GL!

"Der Mohr hat seine Schuldigkeit getan; der Mohrkann gehen."
    dpgo and vivek g like this.
    12-02-16 11:11 AM
    Hi, here is basics of POSIX commands - POSIX Command Line

JUST WARNING!
    Try it on some *nix VM first. Do not work on phone immediately.
    Possibly you didn't brick it, but may be start recovery, which waste time and your data.
    ___
    mkdir - create destination first (mkdir -p /sdcard/external_sd/misc/Android)
    cp - copy data from source to destination, do not copy dir in dir, add trailing slash, to copy included dirs in source, not source itself (cp -a /sdcard/Android/* /sdcard/external_sd/misc/Android/)
    rm -rf - delete source INSIDE after (most dangerous, be careful), no typos (rm -rf /sdcard/Android)
    ln -s - link source to destination (here they are vice verse for now, after coping and deleting) (ln -s /sdcard/external_sd/misc/Android /sdcard/Android)

__
    First attempts on *nix - big road ahead =) GL!

"Der Mohr hat seine Schuldigkeit getan; der Mohrkann gehen."
    thank u a lot
    It works but in different way
    I could fix whatsapp media sharing
    Soo thaanks
    Last edited by hamed ghorbani; 05-16-17 at 06:00 AM.
    12-03-16 12:11 PM
    Hey sir, I recently purchased the BlackBerry Z3 and I must say that besides the battery it is absolutely awesome! Anyways the main reason for this because I like t game and so naturally have a lot of Android games that have SD Data. Unfortunately this data is stored on the Internal Storage. Is there any way to store it on the External SD card? Have tried a simple 'move' of the files to the ext SD card, but it didn't work. how to move android game data in SD card. please help as..
    09-21-17 10:52 PM
  22. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    same about my trick, but so simple of my trick. just use bgshell ssh
    i think this trick is so difficult or not simple, but nothing,
    my trick :
    move andorid folder in device/misc/android. to external memory (make "Android" folder firstly in external_sd
    and after made it,linked the folder into internal memory with BGshell Ssh plus
    so.... done!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tegar ramadhanu kariadinata; 09-22-17 at 01:42 AM.
    vivek g likes this.
    09-22-17 01:25 AM
  23. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    thank u a lot
    It works but in different way
    I could fix whatsapp media sharing
    Soo thaanks
    yes, this way an like whatsapp media sharing trick

Posted via CB10
    vivek g likes this.
    09-22-17 01:43 AM
    hello sir, i move the Android folder to the external SD. i open BGShell ssh plus but what i have to do next i do not understand why do you write the command and send it or screen short , link anything thank you for help
    09-22-17 11:55 PM
  25. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    hello sir, i move the Android folder to the external SD. i open BGShell ssh plus but what i have to do next i do not understand why do you write the command and send it or screen short , link anything thank you for help
    after that, write it in bgshell :
    cd /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android
    ln -s external_sd/Android/Android Android

nb: Android folder who moved from internal device must be moved to external_sd/Android/(here)

have nice day with your blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    dpgo likes this.
    09-23-17 01:06 AM
28 12