--aaaaaand..? What?

I kinda thought that's what the forums were for.

Other than pointless griping, I mean.
    So BlackBerry shouldn't be responsible for supporting their products and should just allow CrackBerry users to figure it out themselves?
    12-14-15 08:12 AM
    One of those threads where OP knows everything and no one's opinion matters. He's an IT guru dishing out advice here to everyone including BlackBerry. He's even telling people to get a new IT dept.

What's the point of this thread if you are not even going to entertain the idea of another opinion?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 08:18 AM
    One of those threads where OP knows everything and no one's opinion matters. He's an IT guru dishing out advice here to everyone including BlackBerry. He's even telling people to get a new IT dept.

What's the point of this thread if you are not even going to entertain the idea of another opinion?

Posted via CB10
    So the other opinion is that it is OK for BlackBerry to not fix something for four months that affects the functionality of BB10 phones, Blend, Link and Momentics IDE? Is that what the other opinion is? My opinion is that BlackBerry needs to "support" BB10 like they said they would.

So what is your opinion?
    12-14-15 09:12 AM
    So the other opinion is that it is OK for BlackBerry to not fix something for four months that affects the functionality of BB10 phones, Blend, Link and Momentics IDE? Is that what the other opinion is? My opinion is that BlackBerry needs to "support" BB10 like they said they would.

So what is your opinion?
    If your opinion truly is that BlackBerry needs to provide the support they promised; most of your posts say otherwise. Your arguments fall in line with "BB10 is dead, do not believe different" instead of "BlackBerry is not giving us the support they had promised". If you are disgruntled, many of us understand, yet you seem bent on proving that BB10 is dead at every chance. Opinion or not, there is a difference there.

Now, if you care to read it, my opinion is that BlackBerry surely does need to support BB10--at least for the next two years solid. The monkeywrench in the cog is this whole Priv thing they got going on, for now. A lot is riding on the success of the Priv, so it makes sense for BlackBerry to devote as much of, if not all of, their resources to ensure its success. That is why in my opinion 10.3.3 is scheduled for release in March 2016. By then, Marshmallow will likely be released for the Priv and much of their updates too, as well. Once the dust surrounding the Priv settles they can then focus on rolling out 10.3.3 and begin working on 10.3.4 if they have not already.
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    12-14-15 10:13 AM
    After 30 minutes on researching and testing. I can confirm that it is the USB selective suspend feature of Surface Pro 3. So why is it taking BlackBerry 4 months not to come up with a solution. And the solution isn't one that the average person can do so unless BlackBerry deals with it, more and more BB10 users who use a Surface Pro 3 will have problems. Again, this shows that BlackBerry isn't supporting BlackBerry 10 like they say they are.
    It's not for them to fix but they at least could research it and tell you the solution from MS.
    12-14-15 10:20 AM
    At least our department found the fix in 20 minutes and tested it. I wouldn't have not rolled out the Surface Pro 3 as it solved a lot of problems. To ignore the benefits of Surface Pro 3 is foolish.
    That wasn't the only reason the Surface Pro was not adopted. If it works for you and solves problems then good for you.
    12-14-15 11:06 AM
    If your opinion truly is that BlackBerry needs to provide the support they promised; most of your posts say otherwise. Your arguments fall in line with "BB10 is dead, do not believe different" instead of "BlackBerry is not giving us the support they had promised". If you are disgruntled, many of us understand, yet you seem bent on proving that BB10 is dead at every chance. Opinion or not, there is a difference there.

Now, if you care to read it, my opinion is that BlackBerry surely does need to support BB10--at least for the next two years solid. The monkeywrench in the cog is this whole Priv thing they got going on, for now. A lot is riding on the success of the Priv, so it makes sense for BlackBerry to devote as much of, if not all of, their resources to ensure its success. That is why in my opinion 10.3.3 is scheduled for release in March 2016. By then, Marshmallow will likely be released for the Priv and much of their updates too, as well. Once the dust surrounding the Priv settles they can then focus on rolling out 10.3.3 and begin working on 10.3.4 if they have not already.
    More Proof that BlackBerry is abandoning BB10-vr67y.jpg
    12-14-15 11:14 AM
    My opinion is that BlackBerry needs to "support" BB10 like they said they would.
    Okay... duly noted in your first post. Do you need everyone else to believe this as well in order to relax?

So what is your opinion?
    Speaking for myself, my opinion is this and similar threads about the fate of Blackberry 10 are pointless, vitriolic speculation.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    12-14-15 12:15 PM
    Really? So something that took me 1/2 hour to figure out, BlackBerry hasn't fixed in 4 months? And this directly impacts peoples ability to use BlackBerry 10. I guess you call that good support, I don't.
    Be fair.
    It's a MSFT/Surface/USB energy saving implementation problem at the very first level.
    Have you required assistance from MSFT ? Did they help ? What timeframe ?

P.S: Surface pro is an alien in developer's world, I suspect the # of devs impacted by this is pretty lmited too ...

Edit :
    Check the blackBerry support forums (2 min search) ... and it might even help you more.
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...ht/true#M10706

re-edit : And while at it (add 1 minute) ...
    More Proof that BlackBerry is abandoning BB10-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-14-15 at 04:38 PM.
    highos likes this.
    12-14-15 01:29 PM
    Still doesn't negate the fact that BlackBerry isn't "supporting" BB10 phones like they say that are. Since I was able to find a solution in 20 minutes, you would think if BlackBerry cared, they would have done the same and updated the KB article. But nothing after 4 months. It is a sign that they aren't going to support BB10.
    Haven't seen an update on the BlackBerry Experience Suite of Apps either.... might be more of a disconnect between the guys in the Web Site development portion of the Marketing Department and the Engineering and Design teams working on these products and issues.

I'm getting the feeling that with the need to keep cost under control, that there might be some holes developing in the BlackBerry organizational hierarchy.
    12-14-15 01:56 PM
    Still think that BlackBerry cares about BB10? Here is one for you. I am trying to work with BB10 devices on our Surface Pro 3 tablets. I am trying to use Link and the developers Momentics IDE. I have my BB10 device connected to the Surface Pro 3 via a USB cable. Without warning, it loses connection. I have to unplug and plug back in the BB10 device. It will then connect the new device but within a minute, it drops off again and I have to reconnect. I have the latest drivers and Link and the latest version of the IDE and BB10 OS. What has this got to do with BlackBerry caring about BB10? Well, BlackBerry knows there is a problem and has a KB article about it.

USB connection randomly drops when connected to Microsoft Surface Pro 3

They have known about it for almost four months. It was acknowledged on Aug 15th, 2015. What is BlackBerry's response?

So they have known about it for four months and don't care to fix it. They either don't care to fix it or they don't have the people who can. So what does that say about how BlackBerry feels about supporting BB10?
    You need to Google the term, "Confirmation Bias." That's the term for the human cognitive tendency to fit new facts into existing opinions and belief systems. You think BlackBerry is no longer supporting BB10 and finding a four month old bug that affects a small minority of users confirms your belief.

Confirmation bias is something that rational people have to work hard to fight against all the time. It's a known cause of a tremendous number of errors in all fields of human endeavor, from science to politics.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 05:37 PM
    After 30 minutes on researching and testing. I can confirm that it is the USB selective suspend feature of Surface Pro 3. So why is it taking BlackBerry 4 months not to come up with a solution.
    As I understand it this functionality is controlled around driver level, which would make changes a privileged action not accessible for third party software operating at a higher level. Please explain (at least in concept) how BlackBerry application software can modify the way Microsoft's driver software works in the Surface Pro 3.
    kbz1960, highos and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-14-15 06:31 PM
    Still think that BlackBerry cares about BB10? Here is one for you. I am trying to work with BB10 devices on our Surface Pro 3 tablets. I am trying to use Link and the developers Momentics IDE. I have my BB10 device connected to the Surface Pro 3 via a USB cable. Without warning, it loses connection. I have to unplug and plug back in the BB10 device. It will then connect the new device but within a minute, it drops off again and I have to reconnect. I have the latest drivers and Link and the latest version of the IDE and BB10 OS. What has this got to do with BlackBerry caring about BB10? Well, BlackBerry knows there is a problem and has a KB article about it.

USB connection randomly drops when connected to Microsoft Surface Pro 3

They have known about it for almost four months. It was acknowledged on Aug 15th, 2015. What is BlackBerry's response?

So they have known about it for four months and don't care to fix it. They either don't care to fix it or they don't have the people who can. So what does that say about how BlackBerry feels about supporting BB10?
    This isn't even worth discussion. BB10 does not make the company money. What part of that do BlackBerry loyalist not understand??? think of it this way, if you were a business owner say like a restaurant and made zero income only enough ONLY to pay bills....would you stay open or shut down? BlackBerry tried for 2 years and it didn't work. They will support security patched etc... for the left over life bb10 has.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 06:45 PM
    Be fair.
    It's a MSFT/Surface/USB energy saving implementation problem at the very first level.
    Have you required assistance from MSFT ? Did they help ? What timeframe ?

P.S: Surface pro is an alien in developer's world, I suspect the # of devs impacted by this is pretty lmited too ...

Edit :
    Check the blackBerry support forums (2 min search) ... and it might even help you more.
    Surface Pro 3 & Link not staying conected for more... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

re-edit : And while at it (add 1 minute) ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	369 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	384415
    Yet BlackBerry's KB is silent. Is anyone actually home? Stop making excuses for BlackBerry. And I would love to know your evidence that Surface Pro is alien in developers world.
    12-14-15 06:59 PM
    As I understand it this functionality is controlled around driver level, which would make changes a privileged action not accessible for third party software operating at a higher level. Please explain (at least in concept) how BlackBerry application software can modify the way Microsoft's driver software works in the Surface Pro 3.
    How about an update to the KB explaining what the problem is? Is that too much to ask?
    12-14-15 07:01 PM
    This isn't even worth discussion. BB10 does not make the company money. What part of that do BlackBerry loyalist not understand??? think of it this way, if you were a business owner say like a restaurant and made zero income only enough ONLY to pay bills....would you stay open or shut down? BlackBerry tried for 2 years and it didn't work. They will support security patched etc... for the left over life bb10 has.

Posted via CB10
    Not directly but bb10 is the foundation to a lot of the services that blackberry offers.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-14-15 07:12 PM
    At least our department found the fix in 20 minutes and tested it. I wouldn't have not rolled out the Surface Pro 3 as it solved a lot of problems. To ignore the benefits of Surface Pro 3 is foolish.
    And to ignore the fact that with link you can also connect bb10 phones wirelessly as another option and not expand and show your workers this benefit is foolish as well. To take time to rant on a site with a told you so attitude doesn't prove anything or show how something is. It just shows bitterness that you had to solve something that is clearly a Microsoft problem and not 100% bb10 issue.

Did you try the BlackBerry devices to desktops with link to see if the issue existed there? Your workers may be using this on their home computers, you would have to be ready for that. Did you test it on other laptops to see if the issue existed there??? Not by the sounds of it.

Congrats on the 10 minutes Google find, but if your company is manufacturing and utilize the troubleshooting skills in such a small scale as this, you may want to pass the theory of test all avenues before public ranting in the future. Just a thought.

Merry Christmas.
    highos likes this.
    12-14-15 07:19 PM
    How about an update to the KB explaining what the problem is? Is that too much to ask?
    You're struggling, can't meet my challenge and groping for a distraction.
    12-14-15 07:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    At least his post help him to get a workaround, thanks to Josh to pointed him to the right direction.

And we indeed all know well the OP's opinion about Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 07:28 PM
    And to ignore the fact that with link you can also connect bb10 phones wirelessly as another option and not expand and show your workers this benefit is foolish as well. To take time to rant on a site with a told you so attitude doesn't prove anything or show how something is. It just shows bitterness that you had to solve something that is clearly a Microsoft problem and not 100% bb10 issue.

Did you try the BlackBerry devices to desktops with link to see if the issue existed there? Your workers may be using this on their home computers, you would have to be ready for that. Did you test it on other laptops to see if the issue existed there??? Not by the sounds of it.

Congrats on the 10 minutes Google find, but if your company is manufacturing and utilize the troubleshooting skills in such a small scale as this, you may want to pass the theory of test all avenues before public ranting in the future. Just a thought.

Merry Christmas.
    I really hope that you are not allowing people in your enterprise to use wifi on their computers in the office that are connected to the network. That is a big security no no.

I don't know why people are defending BlackBerry in this. BlackBerry has to do a better job. I can't wait until something interferes with your use of BlackBerry software/hardware and you complain about it. I guess BlackBerry is perfect in your eyes.
    12-14-15 08:26 PM
    You're struggling, can't meet my challenge and groping for a distraction.
    I guess you don't think that BlackBerry should update the KB article. Thanks for confirming that.
    12-14-15 08:27 PM
    At least his post help him to get a workaround, thanks to Josh to pointed him to the right direction.

And we indeed all know well the OP's opinion about Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    Yes. They are leaving BlackBerry 10 users to fend for themselves.
    12-14-15 08:28 PM
    Sorry, Bluenoser. You just seemingly want to argue with everyone and not actually take anyone else's opinions under consideration. It's not even a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with you, you just want to argue. Go find some other tree to bark up, we certainly know there's plenty.
    12-14-15 10:02 PM
48 12