Still think that BlackBerry cares about BB10? Here is one for you. I am trying to work with BB10 devices on our Surface Pro 3 tablets. I am trying to use Link and the developers Momentics IDE. I have my BB10 device connected to the Surface Pro 3 via a USB cable. Without warning, it loses connection. I have to unplug and plug back in the BB10 device. It will then connect the new device but within a minute, it drops off again and I have to reconnect. I have the latest drivers and Link and the latest version of the IDE and BB10 OS. What has this got to do with BlackBerry caring about BB10? Well, BlackBerry knows there is a problem and has a KB article about it.

USB connection randomly drops when connected to Microsoft Surface Pro 3

They have known about it for almost four months. It was acknowledged on Aug 15th, 2015. What is BlackBerry's response?

This issue is logged in the BlackBerry internal database. No resolution time frame is currently available.
    So they have known about it for four months and don't care to fix it. They either don't care to fix it or they don't have the people who can. So what does that say about how BlackBerry feels about supporting BB10?
    lift likes this.
    12-13-15 04:47 PM
    So they have known about it for four months and don't care to fix it. They either don't care to fix it or they don't have the people who can. So what does that say about how BlackBerry feels about supporting BB10?
    Seems also to be a known issue with the powersaving flag of the Surface. If you disable it, you will be good to go.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-13-15 04:55 PM
    OP, have you ever worked in a business? Do you think they are all just sitting around doing nothing, waiting for something to go wrong, and then all jump to it? I'd say a small glitch like this is the least of their concerns. They've got a lot to do, ya know? And 4 months isn't even that bad yet. For all we know, they may have been working on fixing it for four months.

Priv is for Privacy, and BB is for Bad Business
    idhbar and wincyUt like this.
    12-13-15 05:34 PM
    OP, have you ever worked in a business? Do you think they are all just sitting around doing nothing, waiting for something to go wrong, and then all jump to it? I'd say a small glitch like this is the least of their concerns. They've got a lot to do, ya know? And 4 months isn't even that bad yet. For all we know, they may have been working on fixing it for four months.

Priv is for Privacy, and BB is for Bad Business
    I had my own business and I run the IT for a large enterprise. If I worked like BlackBerry, then the company would be in big troubles. If there is a problem, it is fixed ASAP and if that means working through the night, then that happens. Our company is growing in leaps and bounds because we deal with issues quickly.

If you think that not being able to connect a BlackBerry smartphone with a computer is a small glitch and four months is OK not to look at it, please tell me what company you work for so I don't ever have to deal with them.

It just shows how little they care about the BB10 phones out there and how if they don't fix the problems, then people will give up BB10 phones and go elsewhere so Chen can kill off the phones.
    StephanieMaks and lift like this.
    12-13-15 05:46 PM
    Seems also to be a known issue with the powersaving flag of the Surface. If you disable it, you will be good to go.
    After 30 minutes on researching and testing. I can confirm that it is the USB selective suspend feature of Surface Pro 3. So why is it taking BlackBerry 4 months not to come up with a solution. And the solution isn't one that the average person can do so unless BlackBerry deals with it, more and more BB10 users who use a Surface Pro 3 will have problems. Again, this shows that BlackBerry isn't supporting BlackBerry 10 like they say they are.
    12-13-15 05:52 PM
    Still think that BlackBerry cares about BB10? Here is one for you. I am trying to work with BB10 devices on our Surface Pro 3 tablets. I am trying to use Link and the developers Momentics IDE. I have my BB10 device connected to the Surface Pro 3 via a USB cable. Without warning, it loses connection. I have to unplug and plug back in the BB10 device. It will then connect the new device but within a minute, it drops off again and I have to reconnect. I have the latest drivers and Link and the latest version of the IDE and BB10 OS. What has this got to do with BlackBerry caring about BB10? Well, BlackBerry knows there is a problem and has a KB article about it.

They have known about it for almost four months. It was acknowledged on Aug 15th, 2015. What is BlackBerry's response?

This means absolutely nothing.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-13-15 07:03 PM
    This means absolutely nothing.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Really? So something that took me 1/2 hour to figure out, BlackBerry hasn't fixed in 4 months? And this directly impacts peoples ability to use BlackBerry 10. I guess you call that good support, I don't.
    acovey likes this.
    12-13-15 07:46 PM
    I know you'll just assume I have my head in the sand, but here goes.

This is a Microsoft problem. They would like to position the Surface Pro series as a viable replacement for desktop and power laptop systems going forward, but can't, or won't provide easy or reasonable power and peripheral management. Probably one of the reasons out IT department looked at, and then walked away from the whole surface line. Any relationship with Microsoft is going to be rocky, in case you haven't noticed.

USB driver management has been a hot mess on Microsoft systems since the standard first came out. Not that I'm a particular fan of the way BlackBerry implemented the USB interface on any of their hardware either.

I've said before that you could be right about your predictions of the end of BB10. But bringing every little glitch up as more evidence that you are the only sane person in the wilderness just isn't a good look.

So we all know that BlackBerry has gone all but all in on the Priv and Android. What we don't know, because probably even BlackBerry doesn't know, is what is really going to happen if the Priv succeeds, or doesn't, or even what success really looks like.

Yes, sure failure of the Priv means the end of BlackBerry hardware. Some even feel that is what Chen has been working towards all this time. But if anyone at BlackBerry thought that BlackBerry without a handset division would be an easy win they would not have even designed the Priv, or the PP SE.

So they are putting fewer resources onto BB10, we've noticed. But not zero. There was a BBM update for BB10 recently. Why do that if they were certain that they were going to kill BB10? To try to sell through remaining stock? I don't buy it. The longer they keep selling BB10 devices, the longer they have to support the OS. Better to write the whole works off, or keep them for servicing large fleet customers.

It sucks when you can't get support you believe you are entitled to from a company. But if every corporation that has ever failed to meet someone's support expectations went on to cancel the product line in question there wouldn't be any products on any shelves.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    12-13-15 08:59 PM
    I know you'll just assume I have my head in the sand, but here goes.

This is a Microsoft problem. They would like to position the Surface Pro series as a viable replacement for desktop and power laptop systems going forward, but can't, or won't provide easy or reasonable power and peripheral management. Probably one of the reasons out IT department looked at, and then walked away from the whole surface line. Any relationship with Microsoft is going to be rocky, in case you haven't noticed.

USB driver management has been a hot mess on Microsoft systems since the standard first came out. Not that I'm a particular fan of the way BlackBerry implemented the USB interface on any of their hardware either.

I've said before that you could be right about your predictions of the end of BB10. But bringing every little glitch up as more evidence that you are the only sane person in the wilderness just isn't a good look.

So we all know that BlackBerry has gone all but all in on the Priv and Android. What we don't know, because probably even BlackBerry doesn't know, is what is really going to happen if the Priv succeeds, or doesn't, or even what success really looks like.

Yes, sure failure of the Priv means the end of BlackBerry hardware. Some even feel that is what Chen has been working towards all this time. But if anyone at BlackBerry thought that BlackBerry without a handset division would be an easy win they would not have even designed the Priv, or the PP SE.

So they are putting fewer resources onto BB10, we've noticed. But not zero. There was a BBM update for BB10 recently. Why do that if they were certain that they were going to kill BB10? To try to sell through remaining stock? I don't buy it. The longer they keep selling BB10 devices, the longer they have to support the OS. Better to write the whole works off, or keep them for servicing large fleet customers.

It sucks when you can't get support you believe you are entitled to from a company. But if every corporation that has ever failed to meet someone's support expectations went on to cancel the product line in question there wouldn't be any products on any shelves.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    You should get a new IT dept. We rolled out Surface Pro 3 + 4 to everyone. It has been a huge success, except for BlackBerry phone to Link connections. No one has complained about any other device disconnecting. This isn't some little glitch. This is a total failure on BlackBerry to fix a problem that makes their phones not being able to be stable with a widely sold and popular product. Why was I able to find the solution to the problem after 20 minutes and then 10 more minutes to fix and test the solution when BlackBerry still haven't provided a solution after four months? The answer is that they don't care or don't have the resources to deal with BB10. The solution is something that is beyond the average persons knowledge and BlackBerry could fix it with an update. The BBM update was because they are cross platform so they have to keep things on an equal footing for the service to work. It is about the last thing that they have. They are trying to sell off the stock as they would have big write offs. They don't have to support the OS anymore than a couple of patches to placate those who have the OS. It is no different that BBOS 7, they will keep the OS running but not do anything and let it die a slow death with lack of attention.
    12-13-15 09:54 PM
    You should get a new IT dept. We rolled out Surface Pro 3 + 4 to everyone. It has been a huge success, except for BlackBerry phone to Link connections. No one has complained about any other device disconnecting. This isn't some little glitch. This is a total failure on BlackBerry to fix a problem that makes their phones not being able to be stable with a widely sold and popular product. Why was I able to find the solution to the problem after 20 minutes and then 10 more minutes to fix and test the solution when BlackBerry still haven't provided a solution after four months? The answer is that they don't care or don't have the resources to deal with BB10. The solution is something that is beyond the average persons knowledge and BlackBerry could fix it with an update. The BBM update was because they are cross platform so they have to keep things on an equal footing for the service to work. It is about the last thing that they have. They are trying to sell off the stock as they would have big write offs. They don't have to support the OS anymore than a couple of patches to placate those who have the OS. It is no different that BBOS 7, they will keep the OS running but not do anything and let it die a slow death with lack of attention.
    Before I got the Passport, I had a Jolla phone and Surface Pro 3 and had the same issue. So it's not a BB-only problem.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    12-14-15 01:06 AM
    12-14-15 03:47 AM
    So you link topics that are months old. How unoriginal.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 04:09 AM
    That's why I linked them. Serious bugs and no more fixes. If they were new, they wouldn't be significant as normally bugs like these get fixed as products need constant support if third party APIs or software are updated.
    12-14-15 04:14 AM
    Not an uncommon thought, but in this case I'll take mine over yours which seems to have missed finding the fault and the fix before rolling the device out.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    12-14-15 05:13 AM
    The fact BlackBerry practically stopped BB10 development is correct, there's enough proof all around. But not this issue. It pretty standard thing these low priority bugs where it can be hard to reproduce as you need specific HW are usually lacking attention...

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 06:11 AM
    So you link topics that are months old. How unoriginal.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. More month old problems that BlackBerry either doesn't bother or doesn't care to fix. That was the point of the links.
    12-14-15 06:20 AM
    Not an uncommon thought, but in this case I'll take mine over yours which seems to have missed finding the fault and the fix before rolling the device out.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    At least our department found the fix in 20 minutes and tested it. I wouldn't have not rolled out the Surface Pro 3 as it solved a lot of problems. To ignore the benefits of Surface Pro 3 is foolish.
    12-14-15 06:23 AM
    Before I got the Passport, I had a Jolla phone and Surface Pro 3 and had the same issue. So it's not a BB-only problem.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Still doesn't negate the fact that BlackBerry isn't "supporting" BB10 phones like they say that are. Since I was able to find a solution in 20 minutes, you would think if BlackBerry cared, they would have done the same and updated the KB article. But nothing after 4 months. It is a sign that they aren't going to support BB10.
    12-14-15 06:25 AM

More Proof that BlackBerry is abandoning BB10-imageuploadedbycb-forums1450096964.634923.jpg
    12-14-15 06:42 AM
    That was the point of the links.
    Even if you're right, what is it this thread was supposed to accomplish..? -- other than opportunities to restate your original post several times, I mean? If you were looking for a workaround, I believe you got one 13 hours ago. Maybe you should consider saying thanks and moving on.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    12-14-15 07:02 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1450096964.634923.jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	384364
    LOL. I guess you are happy with how BlackBerry "supports" BB10. Thanks.
    12-14-15 07:11 AM
    Even if you're right, what is it this thread was supposed to accomplish..? -- other than opportunities to restate your original post several times, I mean? If you were looking for a workaround, I believe you got one 13 hours ago. Maybe you should consider saying thanks and moving on.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    You don't get it do you. All the people who are saying that BlackBerry 10 will be around for a long time and BlackBerry supports it are just living with their heads in the sand. And why should someone on a forum(s) be helping support BlackBerry when they should do it themselves. Not only do they now relay on others for the OS and the security for the OS, sales of hardware, but they rely on others to support their own product. No wonder BlackBerry is in such bad shape and until the attitudes change, they will never make a come back. And people have to stop defending their poor business practices.
    12-14-15 07:15 AM
    Just wanted to say that I'm have experienced this issue when I connected my Z30 via USB to a Windows 10 desktop. I was using sachesi at the time but the USB connection got dropped randomly so many times I gave up. This has not happened before. I will it's the case since installing the 10.3.2.2769 leak.

I know Windows 10 has been updated with some cumulative fixes, whatever that means, but I'm yet to connect my phone to the desktop using USB.

Z30 STA100-5
    Flatman likes this.
    12-14-15 07:25 AM
    Stop KILLING BB10.

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    canuckvoip likes this.
    12-14-15 07:29 AM
    All the people who are saying that BlackBerry 10 will be around for a long time and BlackBerry supports it are just living with their heads in the sand.
    --aaaaaand..? What?

And why should someone on a forum(s) be helping support BlackBerry when they should do it themselves.
    I kinda thought that's what the forums were for.

Other than pointless griping, I mean.
    12-14-15 07:57 AM
48 12